Rip into Ennis & Reynolds!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Imo footy has room for players getting under the skin & getting in the head of opposition players, but pi**es me off if our players dont fire up & give plenty back, not stupid penalties, good hard legal shots then let them know about it...
Regardless of the result it would make me absolutely sick to see these 2 pesty Scumdogs getting away with crap all day & our boys not ripping in, using it to light a fire that will be needed to have any chance in this game.
Have a feeling with no Watmough the last of the aggression is gone & these 2 will rightfully attempt to take advantage at every opportunity.
While on this topic, will quickly say the pat on precious Cam Smiths head would not be a talking point if it was Proctor or Hoffman so wtf is the difference, should not be mentioned as an immortal if you cant hack whats simply part of footy.
For mine our most aggressive players are backs in Foran & Matai so hopefully they can lift the rest, Kingy as shown early in the year could be a trump card & will be the forward leader that could turn up with a bang...I hope!!

Exactly. Smith is an under the radar grub himself. It was one little head rub. The bloke stood over Alex McKinnon claiming he had taken a dive, when he had just lost the use of his legs - perspective.

Youre right Maxta, the load needs to be carried by some others. Foz needs to get more aggressive, Lawrence needs to fire up, King will hopefully get a bit niggly, and finally id like JSL to fire up a bit more (although he has had good aggression in recent weeks). If Choc is out our aggression will be lacking. The others need to lift

The boys cannot take a backward step. Ennis niggles, you niggle him twice as hard. Have Matai and Foran constantly in his ear, have Matai saying 'you better not run this way you grub because I'm going to knock your effing head clean off'. Have King and Lawrence make it their personal mission to get over the top of James Graham. Anyone remember when Nate Myles took it to James Graham? He wiped the vasoline off his leg and wiped it in his face. Graham was just standing there with a look on his face of 'WTF?'. JSL or one of the backrowers needs everytime Reynolds runs smash him hard in the ribs, and get into him. Again he's likely to fly off the bend and get himself sinbinned or sent.

Ennis is also no Cameron Smith, he has plenty of errors in him, when he makes one, get in his face, scream, shout. Do everything that grub does to others. If they score and Ennis or Reynolds runs over and gets in our face grab him by the shirt and fling him to the ground and say 'I don't care about getting sent off, all I want to do is make sure you don't play next week'

Honestly, the best way to deal with these two grubs is to completely ignore them. That's what will get under THEIR skin. They bait to get a reaction, the more we don't bite, the more they try and the more they stop focusing on THEIR game. If the opportunity presents itself to put a good legal hit on one of them, by all means do it. But I'd expect we'd do that no matter who it was, as long as they have an opposition jersey on. If you go out looking for them, they've already won.

With regards to aggression, we need to step that up in general, not just towards one or two players. BJ and Starlo have been good all year, but we need them to get ANGRY! We need one or two guys that when the run the ball the opposition thinks 'Oh s**t, here he comes again!!!'

We have to start well and be infront on the scoreboard. That's when you can get under those blokes skin and even get them making more errors. If they are infront then its hard to niggle them because they'll just enjoy it.

Pat on heads ,is bull ****,and it is disrespectful,say what you like but don't f,infg touch me !

Tyson Andrews is one player with aggression, plus the pugalistic ability to back it up. I'd like to see him in the starting 13, along with King or Starling. Lui and JSL in the second row with T-Red at lock.
Bring Lawrence on when the game opens up. We can't be dominated early.

Denno said:
Pat on heads ,is bull ...,and it is disrespectful,say what you like but don't f,infg touch me !
Really....its a contact sport....pat on the head, pat on the back....harmless though yes , could be considered disrespectful to a degree - then its up to the individual - do I sulk or use it as extra inspiration to really fire up, isnt that what champion players should do in that situation.
Would not get a mention if he done that to almost any other player
Theres a few things on the field including tripping, spitting & eye gauge that is poor conduct & thuggery, but sledging ...even with a headpat has always been a part of the footy warfare, unless its on a teachers pet.

Denno said:
Pat on heads ,is bull ...,and it is disrespectful,say what you like but don't f,infg touch me !

I used to enjoy hoppa patting players on the head post try.

The one that ****ted me the most this year was luke brooks patting lyon on the back really hard after lyon knocked on.

Ennis and Smith cancel each other out - big deal - both experienced first graders and a-grade assholes.

The hide of brooks with his strangely expressionless face to even approach Jamie let alone touch him.

When A'va (however you spell it...he's a vermin player so who cares) yelled in Killer's face on Friday night I was hoping Killer would knock him out with one punch UFC style.

Where does a smart ass pr1ck like him get off yelling at a player who has achieved more in a season than he'll achieve in 5 lifetimes ?

If the Vermin win, it'll be the blackest day in the history of the sport.

The Who said:
simon64 said:
If the Vermin win, it'll be the blackest day in the history of the sport.

No. The former Australian Government claimed that title 18 months ago.

Ok fair enough call TW. It'll be really really dark brown, like.......

simon64 said:
When A'va (however you spell it...he's a vermin player so who cares) yelled in Killer's face on Friday night I was hoping Killer would knock him out with one punch UFC style.

Where does a smart ass pr1ck like him get off yelling at a player who has achieved more in a season than he'll achieve in 5 lifetimes ?

Absolute effing disgrace that was. What's this nobody played? A handful of matches.....what a hero.

This though is the problem with the game at the moment, players can be as big as smart a's as they like because there is zero retribution from the player they target or the team.

This is going to get worse and worse as players and teams see what players like this tool and Ennis do and realize that not only are there no consequences, but in fact it is probably beneficial for their team.

That's where the NRL lose me with their direction. You would think that every game of rugby league there was 3 or 4 all in brawls. I would love to see the stats on it, but how many punches were thrown in say the 2011 or 2012 season? Wouldn't have been many. But throwing punches is such a blight on the game, and so it shoulder charges.

However cowardly ripping someones arms out of their sockets whilst held down....that's fine. Running up into another players face and screaming at them, that image is fine.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4