RIP Hot Rod

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I know this is a rugby league forum, but I also know there are a few here who are wrestling fans.

Have just heard the sad news that Roderick George Toombs, best known as Rowdy Roddy Piper, passed away on Thursday in his home in Hollywood after suffering a heart attack in his sleep. He was 61 years old.

Rip Hot Rod, you are definitely one of the greats :heartbreak:

Last edited:
vY1fjxD.jpeg
Rowdy, Macho, Warrior, damn shame.

Loved his energy, his smart mouth and his fued with Mr Wonderful, Paul Orndorff. I dont think the last few years were that happy for the Rowdy one, i hope he has found peace.

I find this totally shocking

How do we lose him and keep Terry Bollea? Surely this is a freak incident Roddy was never a big body

RIP Roddy lost a true icon of the squared circle,too young

Can happen to anyone cherry. I've known people to die from heart attacks in their teens. Then there are those who drink, smoke and eat everything unhealthy known to man and they live until they're 100.

Jeez I was worried about Shane Rodney for a second when I saw the title. Our real hotrod.

Can happen to anyone cherry. I've known people to die from heart attacks in their teens. Then there are those who drink, smoke and eat everything unhealthy known to man and they live until they're 100.
It's never fair i get it but when a legend dies of wrestling anyway juice is normally the culprit

Here there's nothing to pin it on so it makes it harder to move past it

I think Roddy had lymphoma a few years ago. Many make a full recovery, but the chemo can smash your circulatory system. That may have weakened his heart. He was a decent guy, i read that he made a point of wearing his wedding ring even in the ring. Nice touch. Was also best friends with his in ring enemy, Adrian Adonis.

I think Roddy had lymphoma a few years ago. Many make a full recovery, but the chemo can smash your circulatory system. That may have weakened his heart. He was a decent guy, i read that he made a point of wearing his wedding ring even in the ring. Nice touch. Was also best friends with his in ring enemy, Adrian Adonis.

Correct. Piper was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in late 2006. He announced late last year they he was finally in remission.

Piper's dad was actually a Canadian Mountie which is ironic considering the only title he won in the WWF was when he defeated The Mountie (Jacques Rougeau) for the Intercontinental Championship at the 1992 Royal Rumble.

Correct. Piper was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in late 2006. He announced late last year they he was finally in remission.

Piper's dad was actually a Canadian Mountie which is ironic considering the only title he won in the WWF was when he defeated The Mountie (Jacques Rougeau) for the Intercontinental Championship at the 1992 Royal Rumble.
Back in the day where belts meant something

Brand extension made belts a bit of a joke

But him just having a minor belt just once is awful for the worker he was and the character he provided to us, deserved more imo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6