Ricky Stuart Press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Tonight's entertainment will definitely be watching Rickys presser. I love watching him after a big loss, can't wait for this one.

manlyfan76 said:
Tonight's entertainment will definitely be watching Rickys presser. I love watching him after a big loss, can't wait for this one.
I knew the Raiders were in trouble last week when after a flukey win against the storm, he said how proud he was of his guys and that they were "building something". At Parramatta, he went the year saying he was "building something", before taking off. Only thing Ricky is interested in building is his bank balance. Another payout coming his way when the Raiders cut short his contract.

</script>

http://www.nrl.com/rd-8-press-conference-raiders/tabid/10959/contentid/636212/tabindex/3/default.aspx#ooid=poMzlrbTr-fCkApHgQgxIowlYIrhxttg

Wow, he was pretty humble in that and took most of the blame himself. Not one blow up about the refs and he conceded that our "mob" are a tough professional team who the Raiders can learn from.

Ok, who has kidnapped the real Ricky Stuart?

No need to play the blame game, he is locked into a massive long term coaching deal.

Listen to the whole conference, especially 4.55 minutes - Terry Campese accidentally lets out the F Bomb without realising ! Hahahahahaha - "we face the Warriors like that, it's gonna be a tough ****en weekend".

GOOOLD

Seriously, I found that really funny.

manlyfan76 said:

It's everything you thought it would be, and more.
He doesn't disappoint.

Sticky said " ... nearly every team has a down week. The mob we played, they don't have a down week! They are a very tough professional footy team and we have to learn off that type of culture."

Ramrod said:
manlyfan76 said:

He doesn't disappoint.

Sticky said " ... nearly every team has a down week. The mob we played, they don't have a down week! They are a very tough professional footy team and we have to learn off that type of culture."

Wayne Bennett said something similar last year when we pumped the knights 32-0 at the start of the season. To me that kind of acknowledgement from rival coaches to the culture and mentality of the Manly Club is a ringing endorsement.

To be fair even we had that shocker against the Tigpies a few weeks back.
The exception that proves the rule with us, perhaps...
As for Stuart and the Faders...they have the yips big-time already and next week v the Warriors will be mightily interesting, and important for them.
If they lose Milford next year as well they could be in for a world of Ricky inspired HURT.

Ramrod said:
He doesn't disappoint.

As does the nrl in general.....not spend nights working out ways to destroy it.

Canberra would have been much better served signing Brad Arthur as their coach. Look at the way he has improved Parra's playing style. And he would have cost $400, 000 less per year than Ricky probably.
Poor Ricky. He got smoked big time today!

Ricky Stuart must have the biggest collection of goat photos in the NRL. How this guy keeps fooling CEO's into believing he can bring a "winning culture" to a club is beyond me.

The guy could play and he was the ultimate competitor, but that hasn't translated to coaching ability. You need to bring more than an innate hatred of losing to become a coach. If you listen carefully to his pressers he has all the management speak and mumbo jumbo, it sounds impressive but words don't deliver results.

Will be interested to see if he can actually prove me wrong at the Raiders, or whether this will be another of his coaching contracts cut short

RS actually blamed the reporter when answering I didn't come down hard on them during the week.

He went on to say he didn't come down hard on the players because 'reporters like you' say he's angry and comes down too hard on the players.

And the longest odds to win this year's comp is.. the Canberra Raiders!
I actually noticed that before yesterday's game, so they will be even longer now.
Stuart had a very mediocre roster at the Eels but he can't blame that this time, he has some good players, as shown in their wins over Souths and Storm.

globaleagle said:
Ramrod said:
He doesn't disappoint.

As does the nrl in general.....not spend nights working out ways to destroy it.

Actually we did have a down week, the one vs the Tigpies.

All this implies that Sticky was relying on the fact our team would have 'a down week' to get his team over the line. This is a sad indictement against his whole approach to coaching an NRL team. He makes excuses for himself, for his team, for the club's structures and preparation.

In a sense, he was EXPECTING them to get flogged, and 'low and behold' it happens as a self full filling prophecy.
He will not be coaching the Raiders by round 26.

HoldenV8 said:
Wow, he was pretty humble in that and took most of the blame himself. Not one blow up about the refs and he conceded that our "mob" are a tough professional team who the Raiders can learn from.

Ok, who has kidnapped the real Ricky Stuart?

The reason Ricky has been such a poor coach in my opinion is he wants to be his players friend. Toovey has no problem holding his players accountable for a poor performance. Ricky just blames everyone else bar his players for giving up, now including himself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6