Ricky Leutele to the Storm...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The problem - as mentioned in the article - you get when V'landys decides to arbitrarily break rules for his favoured teams the "good of the nrl" is that clubs start to demand rules be bent for them because he 'did it for such and such a team'.

SBW - Oh he can have 2 contracts.
Suaalii - Only 17? Oh he will be able to play.

Now.....$35,000 for Rick Leutele to play for the Storm??

The NRL has been forced to back down on a decision to ban Melbourne Storm from signing Toronto Wolfpack star Ricky Leutele for the remainder of the season.

-PS: don't shoot the messenger toolbags!

The New Zealand Warriors recruitment boss Peter O’Sullivan has confirmed the club doesn’t want him. He says it’s not worth it for the final three rounds of the competition by the time he has done isolation for a fortnight.

Melbourne Storm stepped in. They have lost loan centre Paul Momirovski for the rest of the season with an injury. They have one spot still available in their 30-man roster.

Storm has only $35,000 left in their salary cap. That’s all they can offer him.

Leutele is more than happy with that amount. When you haven’t been paid for two months, you’ll grab whatever you can.

No, the NRL wouldn’t let it happen.

Their salary cap team valued Leutele at $60,000 for the remainder of the season.

The same people who bent the rules for SBW and Suaalii refused to budge.

“The way he’s been treated is a bloody disgrace,” says his agent Sam Ayoub, “They’ve got three kids under the age of six. They’re getting out of the house. No car. No wages since May.

The NRL on Sunday night said it was now in the Storm’s hands.

“We’ve been working with the club and RLPA to reach a suitable solution which is fair and equitable to all involved and doesn’t disadvantage any of the other 15 clubs,” a spokesman said.

“A proposal from the NRL and RLPA was given to the club today after discussions over the weekend.”

In the end it came down to a situation where the NRL was boxed into a corner.

They couldn’t bend the rules for SBW to have two contracts but block Leutele.

They couldn’t bend the rules for Joseph Suaalii and the Rabbitohs so he can play at 17.

The same rules must apply for every player and every club.

Vlandys has got a lot right and now hes starting to get things wrong by allowing the Rorters, Vermin and Drizzle to get leeway in their efforts to sign players for this season and next season.

The integrity of the game is at stake here. So what that the Rorters and Vermin have injuries, ALL clubs are dealing with 18 rounds back to back since the restart!

We need Vlandys to rule for ALL the clubs, not the cartel clubs who continue to get favours!

Vlandys has got a lot right and now hes starting to get things wrong by allowing the Rorters, Vermin and Drizzle to get leeway in their efforts to sign players for this season and next season.

The integrity of the game is at stake here. So what that the Rorters and Vermin have injuries, ALL clubs are dealing with 18 rounds back to back since the restart!

We need Vlandys to rule for ALL the clubs, not the cartel clubs who continue to get favours!
But what’s stopping Manly from going out and buying someone?

I understand where V’Landy’s is coming from here. It would be unfair of him not to allow Leutele to play for the Storm on the cheap after the Roosters signed SBW. The competition needs at least one of these clubs in the GF. As fans we wouldn’t know what to do with ourselves if some other team got a run in this salary cap age of fairness and equality.

The Tigers and Manly were penalised by the NRL because they need to make an example of cap rorters.

Nick Politis is a genius and Melbourne are only operating with an extra one million in third party (at arms length ) sponsorship because league is so massive down south.

Last edited:
Storm has only $35,000 left in their salary cap. That’s all they can offer him.

Their salary cap team valued Leutele at $60,000 for the remainder of the season.

The NRL on Sunday night said it was now in the Storm’s hands.
How can it be "in the Stom's hands"? WTF?

The price is 60k and they have 35K.

They are out.

And another thing...how the F are they allowed to be operating with 29 men of the 30 man squad required of EVERY team?

How can it be "in the Stom's hands"? WTF?

The price is 60k and they have 35K.

They are out.

And another thing...how the F are they allowed to be operating with 29 men of the 30 man squad required of EVERY team?
Maybe that’s the nrls way of saying you can’t afford him and if you do try sign him there will be consequences.

I find it interesting that 3 clubs at the top of the ladder are the ones in the last week that have been able to bolster their roster while the rest languish. At least the Knights in getting Green didn't need the NRL to change the rules for them.

I find it interesting that 3 clubs at the top of the ladder are the ones in the last week that have been able to bolster their roster while the rest languish. At least the Knights in getting Green didn't need the NRL to change the rules for them.
What was stopping Manly buying someone if they needed to?

What was stopping Manly buying someone if they needed to?
Roster space and cap space.

OK, I am going to admit it. I was trying to make a point, realised it wasn't coming out, but thought F-it, I will post anyway.

I guess some clubs these days leave a spot open on their register in case someone good becomes available... And the good players would rather go to a club that is a chance of winning the comp.

But, like others, I think that if Ricky and SBW really wanted to come back and to do so the NRL needed change its 'rules', they should have been required to go to the highest bidder. That's only fair in my view, otherwise, of course these guys are going to want to go to one of the stronger clubs. SBW wouldn't have gone to the Roosters if they were struggling this year.

Roster space and cap space.

OK, I am going to admit it. I was trying to make a point, realised it wasn't coming out, but thought F-it, I will post anyway.

I guess some clubs these days leave a spot open on their register in case someone good becomes available... And the good players would rather go to a club that is a chance of winning the comp.

But, like others, I think that if Ricky and SBW really wanted to come back and to do so the NRL needed change its 'rules', they should have been required to go to the highest bidder. That's only fair in my view, otherwise, of course these guys are going to want to go to one of the stronger clubs. SBW wouldn't have gone to the Roosters if they were struggling this year.
I disagree re. SBW,he was only ever going to the Roosters due to his relationship with Politis and the club.As for Leutele,he was offered to a struggling club,the Warriors,but they said no thanks.Manly could of done what these clubs have,but are either “happy” with what they’ve got,haven’t got space in the cap or in the roster and were not willing to release anyone to create space.Dont think there’s a conspiracy.Other than support from Politis,what does the NRL stand to gain by helping the Roosters win again given they’ve won the last two and the game hasn’t exactly exploded in popularity due to it and you can add the Storm to that too.If they wanted popular teams to win to garner more attention,they’d make sure the Broncos and Parra were successful every year.My point is,the opportunity to buy someone was available to every club so Manly were either not interested in what was on offer,happy with their list or are not on the ball with recruitment given they signed Levi when if they were thinking outside the square,like the Tigers were,they could of tried to get Harry Grant for a year.

I disagree re. SBW,he was only ever going to the Roosters due to his relationship with Politis and the club.As for Leutele,he was offered to a struggling club,the Warriors,but they said no thanks.Manly could of done what these clubs have,but are either “happy” with what they’ve got,haven’t got space in the cap or in the roster and were not willing to release anyone to create space.Dont think there’s a conspiracy.Other than support from Politis,what does the NRL stand to gain by helping the Roosters win again given they’ve won the last two and the game hasn’t exactly exploded in popularity due to it and you can add the Storm to that too.If they wanted popular teams to win to garner more attention,they’d make sure the Broncos and Parra were successful every year.My point is,the opportunity to buy someone was available to every club so Manly were either not interested in what was on offer,happy with their list or are not on the ball with recruitment given they signed Levi when if they were thinking outside the square,like the Tigers were,they could of tried to get Harry Grant for a year.
Actually some poster on here and with more knowledge of other N R L club"s feeder club 's personal then me suggested Harry Grant for Manly in the aftermath of the Fainu drama , so presume that also Manly were aware of his value and availability as well . Doubt that Manly would be on the Storm "s more preferred club:s list and no doubt also a salary cap matter could have been an issue as well .

Actually some poster on here and with more knowledge of other N R L club"s feeder club 's personal then me suggested Harry Grant for Manly in the aftermath of the Fainu drama , so presume that also Manly were aware of his value and availability as well . Doubt that Manly would be on the Storm "s more preferred club:s list and no doubt also a salary cap matter could have been an issue as well .
Yeah I’m not suggesting Bellamy and the Storm would of been up for it,although Manly may of had someone they may of wanted,but I didn’t hear any drums beating about them considering Grant as an option and you can’t fart in the NRL without the media getting a sniff of it,so in my opinion,the recruitment staff may of dropped the ball on this one or weren’t clever enough to think like the Tigers and suggest a loan deal given the choice of Levi and the lack of depth in the no.9 position.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6