Rick Chisholm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Saw this on Facebook. Very sad news.

Former Manly Sea Eagles halfback Rick Chisholm passed away yesterday after a long illness, aged 48.

Chisholm has lived on the Gold Coast for several years and has struggled in recent times with liver problems.

A former manly junior Chisholm burst into first grade with dynamic effect in 1980 and scored all 17 points in a win over Cronulla at Brookvale Oval.

A brilliant runner with the ball Chisholm played 27 first grade games with the club over three seasons and spent a season with the Newtown Jets.

The funeral service for Rick Chisholm will be held next Monday, March 5 at Tweed Heads Crematorium Chapel at 12 noon.

Hopefully the boys observe a minutes silence tomorrow night. He was a very handy player.

I remember going to Graham Eadies last brookvale game against the magpies (84) and Chisholm killed them that day . 44/10 I think . Does anyone know what happened to him when Gibbs came back?

Tragic news . I believe he battled drug use . He had the football skill but he did not have the will to cope with his addiction .

Tragic news . I believe he battled drug use . He had the football skill but he did not have the will to cope with his addiction .
Pretty sure that the Big C took him :(

Saw his first grade game against the Sharks where he scored every point. :rock:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...d-11/manly-warringah-vs-cronulla/summary.html

images

Last edited:
A sad waste indeed. It is good that many who didn't know he died and have now had a chance to express their condolences.

I played against his younger brother Scott in juniors who many thought would be the one to reach great heights. Does anyone know what became of him?

I was there at his debut game ... just made it down from here in time for kick off ... his performance in that game was stunning ... loved to watch him play ... he could tackle too .... a true Manly man ...

I still remember that Cronulla game....1 try was a chip and chase and he leaped above a Sharks player to catch the ball in goal, after it bounced back "Phil Blake" style.
Had a black headband on that day.
RIP Champ

I still remember that Cronulla game....1 try was a chip and chase and he leaped above a Sharks player to catch the ball in goal, after it bounced back "Phil Blake" style.
Had a black headband on that day.
RIP Champ
He had everything inbuilt his small frame . He had as you say the chip and chase , the sharp step , the swerve , the dummy and to top it off he had the Sensational Speed to convert his breaks into tries . He would just explode off the mark and keep the speed going .
Correct me if I am wrong @maxta but I think he scored all our points in that game as he was a goal kicker as well .

One more thing @maxta ........

images.png

I remember going to Graham Eadies last brookvale game against the magpies (84) and Chisholm killed them that day . 44/10 I think . Does anyone know what happened to him when Gibbs came back?
He went to Newtown for the 83 season came back to the Sea Eagles in 84.
Another excitement machine product halfback of the time along with Gibbsy and Blakey...

He had everything inbuilt his small frame . He had as you say the chip and chase , the sharp step , the swerve , the dummy and to top it off he had the Sensational Speed to convert his breaks into tries . He would just explode off the mark and keep the speed going .
Correct me if I am wrong @maxta but I think he scored all our points in that game as he was a goal kicker as well .

One more thing @maxta ........

View attachment 10741
You are 100% on the money.....think he scored 3 tries and kicked 4 goals for all 17 points....
Chisolm - 17
Sharks - who cares

At the risk of sounding (what am I saying - I am) pedantic, can we edit the thread title? I don’t know about you, but I prefer to have my name spelt correctly.* I am sure his family would too.

*That’s Zarsoff - one ‘s’ and double ‘f’.

Rick had a serious drug addiction problem, not Polynesian cultural lethargy.

Big difference mate.
Yes I understand but he also had discipline issues and that was what I was referring to .
Players need to be 100% focused and committed to their game if they want to give them selves a great chance to be at their best on the field .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4