Riccardi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Just wondering, with DCE now looking the goods and secured for another few years (hopefully tied up long term after that too). What is going to happen with Riccardi in our under 20's

He seems to have a lot of promise as well, do you think the club may bring him up as a 5/8 or will we see him go elsewhere?

Sadly I think he'd go elsewhere...you might remember me saying the other day that the NRL Talent Scout I do some work for said Riccardi and DCE were the next big things and he was pissed off that Manly had BOTH of them.

Personally not seen him play but has big wraps from some good judges. Would hope with the modern game maybe off the bench at dummy half to add some impact ??   ::)

Can he play 5/8 as well as half or is he a pure number 7?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I saw him last year Matt, very clever player, huge talent in the wings
Hope we can hold onto him then Mark- a nucleus of real talent is rising in Seaeagles territory.

Most clubs carry 4 halves in their player roster, and a guy who is still playing 20's shouldn't be a concern too loose. He can still play 20's and NSW Cup for a few years. Its not uncommon.

Captain of the Gate link said:
Most clubs carry 4 halves in their player roster, and a guy who is still playing 20's shouldn't be a concern too loose. He can still play 20's and NSW Cup for a few years. Its not uncommon.

Actually hasn't riccardi already been promoted above 20's and playing NSW Cup eventhough still eligible.  That tells me he is in their plans, otherwise you'd just let him play in the 20s.  They must be wanting him to work on things against men as opposed to boys.

The other young half in the 20s, Drinkwater, seems like a talent to me also.

What an amazing recruitment team we have that has found players like Hodkinson, Foran, DCE, Riccardi,Buhrer,Hoppa Jr,Oldfield. As well as some young gun forwards who need some time to prove themselves Mauro, Harrison,Lussick,Higgins,Cunningham,Robinson.

He'd be wasted at hooker. He's an organiser, he runs the show.
I don't know how he & DCE would go together. It would be interesting.

As was said previously, he's already NSW cup captain & looks in control of the team (most of which are his old 20's team anyway).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8