Revenge could be sweet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Big rumours doing the rounds is that Aidan Tolman is being shopped around by the Dogs!

And Dog fans are panicking!

This bloke virtually carried their pack last season wonder if we could fit him in....

Wouldn't have room in the cap or the team without offloading the likes of king/kite/rose.

He would look nice in a manly jersey tho

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So in other words Des dont want him as they are making cap room

Well des does have some crap backs on long term deals. Barba 2015 and Morris 2014. So he will need some impressive forwards to be competitive.

Maybe freeing up space to make a play for Foran so I wouldn't be getting too excited!

Clay said:
Wouldn't have room in the cap or the team without offloading the likes of king/kite/rose.

He would look nice in a manly jersey tho

I think he is better than at least two of those

Tolman is one of the best young props around. Happy to give up Kite or Roder to get him. I think he is better then King also but King is a life long manly player.

No thanks... I'd keep Kite (who has won two premierships, winning the CC medal in one), King (who has won a premiership) and Rose (who has also won a premiership) before I'd sign a storm reject that the Dogs (who finished 9th) don't want. Show a bit of loyalty to the blokes who have done the job for us so well.

I'd love for us to get Tolman but I think he's a bit out of our price range atm.

Could see Cronulla being very interested in Tolman if this is true though.

Agree with Bones. Tolman is a wholehearted goer but at this stage that is all he is. He is on the small side for a prop and does not bend the line, simply tackles and keeps going all day. These are good qualities for any forward but tolman is certainly no world beater. We have Lussick Robinson plus some other young up & comers so I doubt we'd want to pay for the likes of him anyway.

Love stat's and unfortunately our props don't have very good ones compared to the likes of Tolman, Scott, Civonceva.

Our backrow carries them.

Also noticed a pattern with Kite (watch me get flamed here) but perfomance seems to go up when his contract comes up.

Lol I posted on twitter

@NRL_RUMOUR_MILL Big rumours doing the rounds is that Aidan Tolman is being shopped around by the Dogs!

Got a response from
Doggedtim
@berkeley_eagle @NRL_RUMOUR_MILL lol nice try you bitter flea

@berkeley_eagle @NRL_RUMOUR_MILL more like because it's the dogs you're trying to start **** out of bitterness lol

Just responded
@doggedtim @nrl_rumour_mill nope not bitter at all #MANLY2011PREMIERS

eagles2win said:
Love stat's and unfortunately our props don't have very good ones compared to the likes of Tolman, Scott, Civonceva.

Our backrow carries them.

Also noticed a pattern with Kite (watch me get flamed here) but perfomance seems to go up when his contract comes up.

Agreed, E2W.

The front row is the weakest part of Manly's team by far & as you said, the back row really carried them this year. Choc in particular picked up the slack & did massive amounts of work in carrying the ball up.

We've got some young prospects there (namely Lussick & Stromquist) but Kitey isn't really getting it done anymore. Rose is decent in bursts but hasn't been able to get back to great form & King is just puttering along as he has been for the past few years - not to say that King is playing badly but he certainly isn't the kind of player you want leading the charge.

As I said I'd love Tolman but I doubt that Manly can afford him, I'd say that it's very likely that we will be buying another prop in the coming seasons though.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, so if Manly are going to some revenge on the Bulldogs it should be done at time when they least expect it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4