REVEALED: The greatest signing in NRL history

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
One major signing can go a long way to building a premiership winning team.

One creative half, one hulking forward, or one speedy outside back, can completely change the complexion of a team’s roster.

Johnathan Thurston’s signing saw the Cowboys transform from NRL whipping boys into genuine contenders, into NRL premiers.

Could Melbourne possibly have been so successful had they not unearthed a young number nine named Cameron?

Don’t get me wrong, these signings did not guarantee success but I honestly can’t imagine where either side would be without their future immortals.

On the back of the Sharks historic premiership win, some have suggested that James Maloney could be the best signing in the club’s history.

The discussion got me thinking, and I’m now confident I can name the biggest and best signing in the modern NRL era.

Lyall Gorman.

Read on...... http://www.zerotackle.com/revealed-the-greatest-signing-in-nrl-history-24151/

From a Manly perspective it would be hard to go past Ben Kennedy. No doubting Jamie Lyon's influence, and plenty would pick him but let's remember back to 2003-4 the place was a shambles, Ben arrived to much furore at the time ( old and over the hill) but man did he prove them wrong!! We've signed lots of gun players over the years , Mal Reilly, Kevin Ward, Mark Carroll ( and many many more) but for me the most influential was Kennedy!!

Last edited:
How could you go past Arko signing Bozo?

Or his effort in signing Lurch O'Neill who Arko credits with adding mongrel to the Manly pack that finally got us a premiership win?

He managed to sign Mal Reilly which not only gave Manly arguably the games best forward at the time, but as it turned out kept Reilly out of Great Britain teams since at the time the Lions were only selected from the RFL competition.

Whoever it was who convinced Cliffy to leave Norths and sign with Manly.

Ben Kennedy, the Stewart Brothers, Jamie Lyon.

Any of them could be our greatest signing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4