Return of Great Britain???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
A lot of English players are pushing for it with renewed vigour due to the success of the Olympic's.
Yet to see anything from players from Scotland or Wales (Ireland doesn't particpate in League's GB Lions any more).
So my question is would we like to see it return?

I love the current setup - where England, Wales and Scotland do there own thing. But the year after every World Cup I would love to see this :
1 x Test against PNG
3 x Tests Australia (Ashes)
1 x Test against Samoa
1 x Test against Tonga
3 x Tests New Zealand (Baskerville)

But another thing is I would love to see France do Southern Hemisphere tours again

A lot of English players are pushing for it with renewed vigour due to the success of the Olympic's.
Yet to see anything from players from Scotland or Wales (Ireland doesn't particpate in League's GB Lions any more).
So my question is would we like to see it return?

I love the current setup - where England, Wales and Scotland do there own thing. But the year after every World Cup I would love to see this :
1 x Test against PNG
3 x Tests Australia (Ashes)
1 x Test against Samoa
1 x Test against Tonga
3 x Tests New Zealand (Baskerville)

But another thing is I would love to see France do Southern Hemisphere tours again

Hope not, England should stand on it's own as a country. The Scottish independance debate is flaring up again & apparently gaining a bit of steam in Scottish parliament anyway.

Would defo like to see more priority placed in getting France back up to a top level RL country again though. Be great to see them do some tours. As much as I like PNG, I think that a strong France team will be better for the game than a strong PNG.

eagles2win said:

Did they ever? I can't imagine Northern Ireland having a strong RL community.

Hope not, England should stand on it's own as a country. The Scottish independance debate is flaring up again & apparently gaining a bit of steam in Scottish parliament anyway.

Would defo like to see more priority placed in getting France back up to a top level RL country again though. Be great to see them do some tours. As much as I like PNG, I think that a strong France team will be better for the game than a strong PNG.

eagles2win said:

Did they ever? I can't imagine Northern Ireland having a strong RL community.

I used to work for Rugby League Ireland a few years ago and as far as i knew they were still part of the GB & Ireland for Students etc so i couldnt see why they wouldnt have the same for the seniors. Ireland Scotland and Wales are kind of like Adelaide Rams and the Melbourne Storm. They have a team that represents them geographically but not really culturally but to be honest the Scottish team is mostly all Northern English players, Ireland seniors are also made up of mostly English with Irish heritage. Wales is really the only one that had developed any real Welsh players, but unfortunately with the decline of the Crusaders they may have taken a step backwards. The best comp that is actually a close representation of these countries is called the Amatuer 4 Nations that happens over there every year. It is actually made up of real French, Irish,Scottish and Welsh domestic club players and is probably a better reflection of where the game is at in those minnow countries. Its basically the standard of the A Grade competitions over here.

I used to work for Rugby League Ireland a few years ago and as far as i knew they were still part of the GB & Ireland for Students etc so i couldnt see why they wouldnt have the same for the seniors. Ireland Scotland and Wales are kind of like Adelaide Rams and the Melbourne Storm. They have a team that represents them geographically but not really culturally but to be honest the Scottish team is mostly all Northern English players, Ireland seniors are also made up of mostly English with Irish heritage. Wales is really the only one that had developed any real Welsh players, but unfortunately with the decline of the Crusaders they may have taken a step backwards. The best comp that is actually a close representation of these countries is called the Amatuer 4 Nations that happens over there every year. It is actually made up of real French, Irish,Scottish and Welsh domestic club players and is probably a better reflection of where the game is at in those minnow countries. Its basically the standard of the A Grade competitions over here.

The French remind me of NZ in the 90s big size and have that flair about them.
Just need a coach to bring the best of them in tests

Catalan actually have one of the biggest crowd averages in the ESL so think it'll be a matter of time before another French team will be added (probably Toulouse) further toughening up the French.

The thing I'm proposing would mean sides would have something to push for.
Persist with the 4 Nations

But do it like this :
Year 1: Aus, Eng, NZ and top ranked PAC team (from PAC Cup) - Euro Cup run at the same time
Year 2: Aus, Eng, NZ and top ranked Euro Cup - PAC run at the same time
Year 3: GB Lions and France tour SH
Year 4: World Cup

The French remind me of NZ in the 90s big size and have that flair about them.
Just need a coach to bring the best of them in tests

Catalan actually have one of the biggest crowd averages in the ESL so think it'll be a matter of time before another French team will be added (probably Toulouse) further toughening up the French.

The thing I'm proposing would mean sides would have something to push for.
Persist with the 4 Nations

But do it like this :
Year 1: Aus, Eng, NZ and top ranked PAC team (from PAC Cup) - Euro Cup run at the same time
Year 2: Aus, Eng, NZ and top ranked Euro Cup - PAC run at the same time
Year 3: GB Lions and France tour SH
Year 4: World Cup

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4