Respect for Bellamy...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
My respect for Bellamy has risen sharply after he knocked back the huge offer from the Warriors. He didn't sell his sole for the almighty dollars and you have to give him credit for that.

Imo, the dog would of been off like a shot out of a gun.

swoop said:
My respect for Bellamy has risen sharply after he knocked back the huge offer from the Warriors. He didn't sell his sole for the almighty dollars and you have to give him credit for that.

Imo, the dog would of been off like a shot out of a gun.

Bellamy couldnt sell his soul, he sold it to News Ltd a long time ago and they own it now.

He may however have a sole though which I believe is a type of fish.

Bellamy is a type of fish.

He can't re-sell his soul. Frankly I wish he went,

I wonder if the Storm will experience the same salary cap pressures as we did as 'defending premiers'?

Did they say how much he will be paid to stay? His current club can afford to outbid anyone.

OH for f@rk sake...respect for a cheating lying sh1tbag....fellas he is staying for more money or has something else lined up.....

How can u respect this turd.....he was part of the biggest rorting cheating team in the history of the game.....No respect from here.

This grub cost us a premiership

At Melbourne there's possible brown paper bags filled with more money than the warriors were offering.

If it is about loyalty, seriously good on him.

Cmon guys, he had no idea they were rorting the cap. I am sure all coaches have no idea what their players are being paid. They all just coach the players they are given.

I don't think Bellyache would have worked with the Warriors anyway as I'm not sure they would have bought in to his style.

He coached NSW for several years and couldn't get a series victory and he lost to the 'Big Three' (probably 'Big Five' if you include Thrurston and Inglis).

If the Storm are close to matching what was offered and it's no secret that News Limited are trying to get out, why would he leave?

They do happen to have a very successful culture there (apart from Waldron when he was there) and players tend to go 'under the radar' for media attention living in Melbourne, as they're really only interested in AFL.

He and the staff and senior players do have the ability to turn 'not wanted's' into premiership winning players. As much as we hate them, you have to admire what they have achieved in such a short time span and I just love games against them (well apart from the last semi.. and the semi in 2010). They're the games I most look forward to.

We've now got another premiership winning player joining our ranks next year, care of the Storm which I bet Richie thought he'd never achieve earlier in the year.

So as for Bellyache, I'm glad he's stayed and respect that he hasn't chased the big dollars. But then again, I have been offered big dollars to change companies in the past (when I was younger) and I always decided to stay with a winning team. Life is so much better and relaxing when you're winning (lose Des!).

he was never going anywhere full stop. Currently the other clubs are tipping an extra 5 mill a season jointly into the storm. So they have cash to burn. News ltd is hoping to sell the storm and the only way they will ever sell a business that losses 7 mill a season is for the club to be very succesful at the hope the turn those figures around.

Otherwise they are going to be funding a big $$$ hole for as long as they want a team in melb and on foxtel

jbb/james said:
he was never going anywhere full stop.

Everyone thought the same thing about the dog.

I never said I liked Bellamy, in fact I still loathe him, but as far as I'm concerned he's been loyal to the mexicans and he deserves a bit of credit.

According to reports he knocked back a huge offer from a rival club (warriors), unlike the dog.

7 news reports the Queens are ready to mortgage Kogarah and half the Shire to get him

Garts said:
Cmon guys, he had no idea they were rorting the cap. I am sure all coaches have no idea what their players are being paid. They all just coach the players they are given.

You reckon mate ?

I'm sure Toovey has a fair idea of what players are on and what is left in the cap when he is trying to piece together the jigsaw puzzle.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

You reckon mate ?

I'm sure Toovey has a fair idea of what players are on and what is left in the cap when he is trying to piece together the jigsaw puzzle.

Geez I hope you are taking the piss.

*Sees the thread title - laughs.

*Checks the date. No, it's not April fools day.

*Assumes it's like the 'official' thread so reads on.

*Reads post about Bellamy not knowing about the rorting - Laughs heartily!

*Sees the poster is serious.

*Leaves thread confused and bewildered with same level of respect for bellamy as before. (none)

PLEEEAAASE the king scum will never get any respect from me. He is the leader of a club that is a filthy cheat.

bones said:
When I compare Bellamy to Hasler... I quite like him.

They are viewed as equals in my eyes..........both prized scum.

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

You reckon mate ?

Geez I hope you are taking the piss.

You think the CEO does it all on his own ?

There would have had to have been a point this year where Perry went to Toovey and said that we have this much left in the cap and we have these players to try and sign, can't keep them all so who are the priorities

Bellamy would have had the same questions down there over the years, surely suspicions would start to come about in your head when everybody you want to keep is kept ...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7