Reserve Grade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
At the moment everyone's either running a poll or writing articles for the return of Reserve grade and many agree with it (in some ways myself as well).
But in that it raises another question what happens to the other NSW Cup sides and QLD Cup sides ie Newtown, Wynnum Manly, Redcliffe etc.
Not forgetting some of the U20's teams get a fair crowd - Warriors, Panthers, Wests Tigers, Raiders

Thinking it'll be a sad day for all Rugby League supporters when you can't see the likes of some teams run around anymore.

People will say they'll return to the Sydney Cup or Ron Massey Cup which isn't televised.
Same with the FOG's cup for the Qld teams.

Easy, easts keep newtown as its reserve grade team. The calls for a return to reserve grade are more about replacing the hOlden cup as the official second tier comp.

Shoe1 said:
Easy, easts keep newtown as its reserve grade team. The calls for a return to reserve grade are more about replacing the hOlden cup as the official second tier comp.

From what I've heard Souths will be dropping Norths in the not to distant future.
Also Penrith will have there own nsw cup team instead of the current set up.

CAMBO said:
Qld cup will stay no matter what

Hope so

eagles2win said:
Shoe1 said:

From what I've heard Souths will be dropping Norths in the not to distant future.

Haha, awesome. Couldn't happen to a nicer club, hope they disappear from the game for good.

I really would like to see reserve grade return as the second tier. Provides a clearer path to the NRL for prospects.

If it happens it'll hurt the NSW cup more than QLD cup. With only three teams needing to go up to the new competition the QLD cup should be able to continue on just fine, as Cambo said.

In NSW you drop Norths & Wyong down to Ron Massey cup - not sure if it's really necessary to have two Coastie teams in that division so The Entrance might be unlucky in this scenario. If the Riff drops Windsor they can merge their remaining NSW cup players into the existing RM cup team. Same deal for Mounties, but I think it'd make more sense for them to just remain the Canberra feeder team as they are now (at that level anyway). More resources & players going down into the RM cup as a result of the restructure should help the general level of talent there as well.

Needs to be a national 2nd grade competition with 2 conferences north and south.
North

Cairns
Cowboys
Mackay
Central Capras
Sunshine Coast
Norths Bris/Broncos
Easts Bris
Redcliffe
Wynnum
Souths/Logan/Storm
Brothers
Ipswich
Burleigh Bears/Titans
Toowoomba Clydesdales

South

Tweed/Coffs Harbour/Grafton
Newcastle
Central Coast/North Sydney
Auckland
Canberra
Saints/Illawarra
Manly
Souths
Newtown/Roosters
Canterbury
Parra/Wentworthville
Penrith/Mounties
West Tigers
Cronulla

The top 4 teams from each competition go into the NRL final series playoffs.

They are talking about having all teams in reserve grade because of the second tier contracts. If all teams have a reserve grade and all contracts are with the NRL, all players can move between 1st and 2nd grade.
We have too many teams just working on 5 or 6 players in their squad and the rest made up of second tier players. Unless your the Storm and Sharks who share one team.

Wolfpack said:
eagles2win said:
Shoe1 said:

Haha, awesome. Couldn't happen to a nicer club, hope they disappear from the game for good.

I really would like to see reserve grade return as the second tier. Provides a clearer path to the NRL for prospects.

If it happens it'll hurt the NSW cup more than QLD cup. With only three teams needing to go up to the new competition the QLD cup should be able to continue on just fine, as Cambo said.

In NSW you drop Norths & Wyong down to Ron Massey cup - not sure if it's really necessary to have two Coastie teams in that division so The Entrance might be unlucky in this scenario. If the Riff drops Windsor they can merge their remaining NSW cup players into the existing RM cup team. Same deal for Mounties, but I think it'd make more sense for them to just remain the Canberra feeder team as they are now (at that level anyway). More resources & players going down into the RM cup as a result of the restructure should help the general level of talent there as well.

Oddly we're supposedly talking to Wyong to work as a feeder for next season.
If Wyong goes down to RM Cup crowds on the coast would improve for that comp -Wyong play The Entrance

If they do revert to having reserve grade again, should the NRL just transfer the Parramatta Eels to Manly to become our reserve grade team LOL!!!

Can't see why all NRL clubs can't have a reserve grade team and an u/20's. Can't see why teams involved in the NSWRL not directly Affiliated with an NRL club can't merge with the Sydney wide Ron Massey cup to form a second tier comp. Same with QLD Intrust Super Cup.

So you would have an NRL comp --> Reserve Grade --> 3nd tier comp in both states Run by the NSWRL and QRL

Can't see what is so complex here.

The fans love to see lower grades before the main game - reserve grade and under 21s - so let them see their own team play the lower grades on game day. The lower grade players would also love this.

Replace Broncos with Norths, Cowboys with Newtown, etc, etc and all is sweet. Let the non-NSW teams see their local teams play before the main game.

I havn't really enjoyed watching the 20's games, lots of big scores but no D. Like watching LOL@PARRA. And waiting 45min in between games untill the 1st's run on sort of kills the excitement for me.
20's- then reserves- then 1st grade. maybe 15 min between games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4