Research question on Stadiums

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi all

I am currently doing a post graduate diploma in sports management at Australian college of physical education (ACPE) which will lead me onto doing a masters and PHD in the next few years.

I am doing a final small research project looking into the debate on stadium spending and whether or not the nrl has misread the room from nrl fans.

Below are a set of very short survey questions which if you get a chance to could you fill out and reply to me via private message before the week is out. Why I am I asking you to respond via private message because I know some journalists view this site and I would like to not have them reading the responses people give.

If dan or Administration don’t approve of this then please delete this thread.

Thank you in advance , just post done on the post thread and message me results via private chat

David

Survey

Postcode where you live ( only if you live in Australia)

Which NRL team do you support ?

Q1 Was the nrl and state government right in its decision to spend over 1.6 billion dollars in upgrading only 3 major stadiums? Yes no Neutral

Q2. Do you as a nrl fan prefer local suburban grounds or major sporting arenas to go and watch your team play ? why

Q3. Would it work in Sydney having all teams playing out of SFS, ANZ and BankWest for home games like( like in the afl down in Melbourne)? Yes No Neutral

Q4 . If your club was forced to move all homes away from the current home ground would that affect your decision to attend matches live at the ground? yes no Neutral

In other comments in relation to stadium funding and the nrl.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the responses coming in very interesting reading and so helpful
Keep them coming in

Hi all

I am currently doing a post graduate diploma in sports management at Australian college of physical education (ACPE) which will lead me onto doing a masters and PHD in the next few years.

I am doing a final small research project looking into the debate on stadium spending and whether or not the nrl has misread the room from nrl fans.

Below are a set of very short survey questions which if you get a chance to could you fill out and reply to me via private message before the week is out. Why I am I asking you to respond via private message because I know some journalists view this site and I would like to not have them reading the responses people give.

If dan or Administration don’t approve of this then please delete this thread.

Thank you in advance , just post done on the post thread and message me results via private chat

David

Survey

Postcode where you live ( only if you live in Australia)

Which NRL team do you support ?

Q1 Was the nrl and state government right in its decision to spend over 1.6 billion dollars in upgrading only 3 major stadiums? Yes no Neutral

Q2. Do you as a nrl fan prefer local suburban grounds or major sporting arenas to go and watch your team play ? why

Q3. Would it work in Sydney having all teams playing out of SFS, ANZ and BankWest for home games like( like in the afl down in Melbourne)? Yes No Neutral

Q4 . If your club was forced to move all homes away from the current home ground would that affect your decision to attend matches live at the ground? yes no Neutral

In other comments in relation to stadium funding and the nrl.

Happy to do your survey but don’t have a clue how to PM, can someone explain

Sent it through Davos private mail. Not sure if this is the way to do it but I just clicked on his name and it showed private conversation item which I clicked onto, titled it and answered questions. Probably a better way but that's how I did it.

Thank you all for your reponses with just over 30 so far very interesting reading and would ,I’ve as many people if they want to have their say in this issue.

Even if your outside of Australia or support another you are must welcome to contribute.
Thank you again for the support much appreciated
Manly forever

Done. Hope it goes well for you. Let me know if you want more - I have about 15 friends on a group chat who are heavily invested in the NRL, and support a diverse array of teams. Happy to send to them somehow.

Thank you all for your reponses with just over 30 so far very interesting reading and would ,I’ve as many people if they want to have their say in this issue.

Even if your outside of Australia or support another you are must welcome to contribute.
Manly forever

Davo ..
If you tell people they can just highlight and copy the questionaire ... then paste it in your PM and type direct onto it .... it takes literally 3 seconds to copy it and a minute or so to fill out .... you don't have to retype the whole thing ... if a tech neanderthal like me can do it there is no excuse not to help out a fellow silvertail ...

Manly forever

Did you get many Western Reds fans who want all games moved to Gladstone, or were me and Jackson Hastings the only ones?

Manly forever

Wha? Something someone outside of Aust can help with?

*does not compute*

That'll take awhile to sink in. This is a strange turn of events.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7