Representative honours (& game day thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who would've thought Brad Parker playing rep football now after the pasting he copped this time last year. Amazing season for him. So happy to see him get rewards.
Some people must really dislike ranga's, even at the half way mark, and poor Brad was still coping abuse with people wearing Manly clothing yelling out at him that he would be back in reserve grade next week. LOL

The Ginger Ninja showed them.

Wow, there is no crowd :eek:

The Organizer should have opened the gates and let the poor local people enjoy the footy :wait:

There were even stories that most of the Fiji Team are unemployed.

Why make the locals feel left out by charging for the game :swear:

The kiddies who accompanied the players out should also have been gifted an outfit and shoes.
Such a shame that we don't make an effort to help these Island Nations :confused:

That crowd was a complete embarrassment to the game of Rugby League ... and specifically the game in Fiji ....

Was it just the price of a ticket? .... or does the game come a distant 3rd to Rugby and the Rugby 7's in Fiji ...... surely if all the hype about kids glued to the TV every week watching their hero's is true .... they would have got more than the pathetic crowd that attended the game .....

That crowd was a complete embarrassment to the game of Rugby League ... and specifically the game in Fiji ....

Was it just the price of a ticket? .... or does the game come a distant 3rd to Rugby and the Rugby 7's in Fiji ...... surely if all the hype about kids glued to the TV every week watching their hero's is true .... they would have got more than the pathetic crowd that attended the game .....

If they charged an entrance fee ( anything) the locals couldn’t afford to go.

Almost no one works , there’s no Centrelink and they live on coconuts and fish.

Should have been free.

Having lived in the Pacific Islands any visiting Team is a huge community event that everyone gets involved with as there are so few alternatives

What ****s me is the week long reporting on how even the Fiji Team are unemployed and that the locals are a 'third world' economy.

The obvious solution is to have paid the Fijian players, kit out the kids in the local schools and open the non-grandstand area up free of charge :nerd:

Whenever I travel in these part I take and leave extra clothes. Have friends who send cooking pots and useful tools over once they collect monies to pay the expensive transport costs @:cool:

It just reeks of privilege when the NRL rock in, take a few photos and leave without attempting to contribute to the local economy :cool:

The $15k ring cost could have been put to better use IMO, but I'm not Greenturd :shake:

If they charged an entrance fee ( anything) the locals couldn’t afford to go.

Almost no one works , there’s no Centrelink and they live on coconuts and fish.

Should have been free.

I get that Mark ..... but Suva and suburbs have a pop. of about 175,000 .... surely more than one person in every 175 has the ability to afford to go .....

Whilst I have no doubt that your point is valid ... it just seems a too convenient answer ... seems more likely that there was a big part of "who gives a ****" involved .... and that there is a worry .... especially if they want to finance and run a team in the Reggies cup ...

Having lived in the Pacific Islands any visiting Team is a huge community event that everyone gets involved with as there are so few alternatives

What ****s me is the week long reporting on how even the Fiji Team are unemployed and that the locals are a 'third world' economy.

The obvious solution is to have paid the Fijian players, kit out the kids in the local schools and open the non-grandstand area up free of charge :nerd:

Whenever I travel in these part I take and leave extra clothes. Have friends who send cooking pots and useful tools over once they collect monies to pay the expensive transport costs @:cool:

It just reeks of privilege when the NRL rock in, take a few photos and leave without attempting to contribute to the local economy :cool:

The $15k ring cost could have been put to better use IMO, but I'm not Greenturd :shake:

I saw highlights of the game

and the lifeless empty stadium looked like

a scene from The Day After the nuclear attack on the League by Greenberg

I thought Hitler and Bin Laden were destructive

but Greenberg is something else

download.jpg

To be honest I think Rugby Union rates bigger in Fiji, despite a couple of obvious success stories of their players in League.

Let’s not forget they have been champions at Rugby 7’s on the world stage and do play in the RWC.

So this isn’t surprising in another sense.

I agree with HM about the League organisers doing more.

I however ( as much as we want to bag them) think the NRL has anything to do with it, it’s the ARL isn’t it???

To be honest I think Rugby Union rates bigger in Fiji, despite a couple of obvious success stories of their players in League.

Let’s not forget they have been champions at Rugby 7’s on the world stage and do play in the RWC.

So this isn’t surprising in another sense.

I agree with HM about the League organisers doing more.

I however ( as much as we want to bag them) think the NRL has anything to do with it, it’s the ARL isn’t it???
This was the NRL as its the PM's XIII

In fact they took it away from PNG to link up with some new Defense Agreement between the two Countries

Part of our broader engagement across the Indo-Pacific, particularly the S-W Pacific, to counter Chinese influence.

It is designed to work on several levels, not just defence.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4