Reply to a letter sent to NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
thanks for your email. I can appreciate your feelings over this situation. Brett has been an outstanding ambassador for the game in the past and that makes this scenario even more difficult.

The fact is that the sexual assault allegations against Brett have nothing to do with the NRL's actions in suspending him. The suspension (and the fine issued to Manly) are due to Brett's intoxication at the Manly season launch.

I understand you drawing comparisons to past events.  The NRL endeavours to evaluate every case on its individual merits and the case involving Brett Stewart is especially complicated given the events occurred in the same week as he officially launched the season on behalf of all NRL players.

The fact that he breached the NRL Code of Conduct is not in dispute. In most of these cases is it left to the clubs to provide a suitable response to those actions of its players, which is monitored by the NRL. In this instance it was felt that the Manly club did not provide a suitable response and the NRL acted.

It must be noted that the criminal charges pending against Brett Stewart are an entirely different matter and in no way does this suspension relate to that issue. That is a legal matter and in the hands of the court.

The facts of that matter are disputed and the only arena for them to be determined is the court and that is what we have to wait for.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Regards,
Caroline Blake

Information Services Officer

E: [email protected]

Reply back and say

"So if no allegations were made against Brett, would anyone have known that he was simply refused service (which can be for a range of reasons), the answer is of course that they wouldn't. Therefore the incidents are directly related and the NRL reasoning false in it's nature and reasoning"

I have replied as follows;

Why is it then people such as Andrew Johns (self confessed drug taker) Matthew Johns (alter ego is a drunk foul mouthed lout), Greg Inglis (Indiscretions last year) etc etc are lauded as Heros and the new face of the game??

I call for Mr Gallops Resignation immediatley, unless the ban is overturned and idiots such as those above are also removed from our game. You guys have basically found him guilty without a fair trial, and that is un australian. The NRL is a joke, you have just proved it.

Cheers

I would frame something more along the lines of

"Have you ever listened to the fans of the game?, you know those people that are the reason for you being employed and for all the players being employed, those that go out every week, subscribe to pay television etc, just to watch football. The ones who you are robbing, because you are quite clearly upset that your advertising campaign had to rejigged. The reason being because of the false allegations against Brett Stewart and not in fact for drinking?

If you are so anti-drinking and alcohol, then why is VB a major sponsor of the game?
Why are Jim Beam associated so closely with the game?

You yourselves can see your own hypocrisy I am sure, however as always you show your utter and complete contempt and disregard for the fans of the competition. This is just another example of the insistence that fans want the night time grand final, despite the numerous polls and feedback to the counter. You people clearly don't care about the fans, all you care about is television revenue and not the game or the fans.

We the fans, find you contemptuous and your organisation a complete and utter joke. You show us no respect and you continue to appear foolish to all of us out there.

It's sad that you have a monopoly over us, but I can tell you now if an alternative league were available I would switch to it. "

post a letter to gallop
addressed Arseclown, Fox studios

He receieved it :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7