Reni Maitua?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Should we try to sign this guy? I say yes, would be a very good pick up imo.

Maybe we can get Watmough looking over his shoulder because at the moment there's no backrower putting much pressure on our current 3 at the back of the scrum. Rodney in current form would feel safe but Watmough and Stewart could do with some pressure to retain their spots in the starting line-up.

I don't think we should sign him.

Too much baggage, and it would tarnish our reputation (which still hasn't recovered from our 09 season launch).

looks like i am the odd one out so far but i would chase him IF we can pick him up cheap , would have to be a better choice of the bench than bailey but it all comes down to money and if we have any or does he want to much ?

i dont agree with second row being our strength.choc is having his worst season for us in years,glen is struggling(im sure that has to do with his brother) and rodney is solid every week.the only other backrower is joe who rarely gets a run.

if we could get him for around a100k would be worth a look.if he is a f..ck up off the field des will hunt him quickly.he is quite skillful and may add something.and rightly or wrongly it seems des will only give seasoned forwards a run so I cant see lussick or palu getting a run for a while yet.we are very lucky we havent had injuries in the back row.we would in all sorts.i think the three guys there have played almost every game except choc who may have missed 3.

mudgeagle link said:
looks like i am the odd one out so far but i would chase him IF we can pick him up cheap , would have to be a better choice of the bench than bailey but it all comes down to money and if we have any or does he want to much ?

Good point Mudge, I wonder what the going price is for his type? But if cheap enough I'd would be happy I guess.

I am unsure either way, I am happy enough with our back row stocks as it is, but he could be useful

Sue, a quote from Graham Lowe the other night which ties in with your comment about Des.
"I like seeing a young bolter come through the ranks and burst onto the scene, but Des prefer's the safety and experience of an older player" or something along those lines

i am quite happy with his view re forwards unless they are out of the box like burgess.backs are different and to be honest he has given whare,hoppa and oldfield a go allthough i suppose it was forced on him.overall i think des has it close to right with maybe a little bit more risk taking required.

i think he has to keep TH and KF together now.too late to try DCE.

No...no way..he is not the sort of bloke we want.This kid is just a money chaser that has no real hunger to be a clubman.Juniors please...

Buying should be a last resort, only to be considered if the pefect guy to fill a glaring weakness comes on the market.

a MASSIVE no.

He's been nothing but trouble off the field and hasn't done enough in his career on the field to be worth the risk.
I've hated him since 2004 when he bashed a police officer and only got a fine. Should've gone to jail.
He's a douche.

reni maitua , 2006 convicted of drink driving,2008 bulldogs terminated his contract after he failed to attend  training sessions. 2009 suspended from the game for 2 years for testing positive to drugs . he is 29 years old and has been out of the game for 2 years. forget about reni maitua lets give our  loyal, dedicated, and enthusiastic young up and coming players a go

A bit each way from me. Want to see Lussick and the rest a run in first grade but also don't want to miss out on a cheap player. Who know's he could turn out like Todd Carney and Willie Mason (of course Todd's not a forward but everyone will have to say he is killing it)

No. Don't want a loser like him with us. Don't care if he's cheap. And our second-row stocks are fine, but I do hope Harrison, Buhrer and Lussick turn out to be good players. I also think you're too harsh on Stewart, the only thing wrong with him is his bloody handling.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2