Relocation?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
This season has rammed home to me that if our beloved club is to survive we need an innovative solution. I've previously expressed a radical opinion that a j-v with the Canterbury region in NZ could be workable.
What do others think?
The situation is far more dire, and complex, than sacking a coach and changing a few players.

This season has rammed home to me that if our beloved club is to survive we need an innovative solution. I've previously expressed a radical opinion that a j-v with the Canterbury region in NZ could be workable.
What do others think?
The situation is far more dire, and complex, than sacking a coach and changing a few players.

Sacking Greenturd would be a good start.

What do others think?

Taking a game or 2 away can be a good way to make some dollars and exposure, but the extra travel and time away from families doesnt always do wonders for players. J-Vs may mean more games between 2 locations.

A thought behind the worriers is that they get travel burnout. (although drizzle are in a similar boat and they do ok).

That said, the NZ region has alot of talent and perhaps them feeding into our club could do wonders. Maybe we play a game a year there and have a juniors pathway.

The only other issue is, if the J-V is successful, you essentially give the NRL a reason to move the club.

Finally we tried the J-V once before, and we never speak of it again (unless its arguing Beavers games should count towards his Manly stats).

I've felt this could be the case for the last few seasons. This year has felt a lot like '99 to me and a fear we are on the verge of losing our club once again.
Compare the NRL now to the competitions of the SL war and it is clear we chose the losing side. We may save the name of the club by moving but unless the NRL changes its direction the spirit and culture of the game will be lost.
Also, we already have a Canterbury and a Wests (Perth) team ready to relocate from Sydney as soon as they collapse.

To be honest this is a bit overly dramatic in my opinion, we are having a **** season sure, but we will come out of it, jumping straight to relocation is absolute madness.

I know being this crap is all new to us a Manly fans but clubs don't just relocate every wooden spoon

Now is the time for our rich passionate superstar Manly supporters to do a Russel Crowe and save us

giphy.gif

Penns had the oputinity to sell up and save us but won't do it. Want are the Penns doing?? Club needs good financial backing to get it up to speed. New stadium, centre of excellence, facilities, resources ect.
The club under its current structure these are obviously unachievable and will put the club at risk of relocating.
Our numbers are down and the NRL know this and will look for investment else ware and its all because of what's happening up top.
Ive now lost interest in footy because of the crap us supporters have had to sit though. We are currently deing a slow death and nothing is being done about it.

At least no one is panicking...
Just trying to be a realist.
Our club just doesn't feel the same anymore. We've already outsourced our reserve grade to Blacktown. We are constantly belittled by the NRL and the media. We have owners who don't seem to have a plan.
I am hoping that Gorman, who seems to be a good operator, is looking at options.
A j-v may suck, but it can also be a saviour. Look at how South Melbourne avoided folding by moving to Sydney in the AFL.
We are just a small, suburban club. How can we expect success when we are up against one-city clubs like Brisbane and Melbourne?

Relocation or merger will never work for Manly.

This feels different to 1999 because back then rugby league was still one of the leading sports in Australia. It hurt to not be part of it after our long history (and I consider that in the NE years we weren't part of it - the merger with Norths was an abomination).

In 2018 Todd Greenberg is driving the whole sport into the ground, so the club going down with it (even if it's at a slightly faster rate) doesn't quite seem like such a big deal.

Just trying to be a realist.
Our club just doesn't feel the same anymore. We've already outsourced our reserve grade to Blacktown. We are constantly belittled by the NRL and the media. We have owners who don't seem to have a plan.
I am hoping that Gorman, who seems to be a good operator, is looking at options.
A j-v may suck, but it can also be a saviour. Look at how South Melbourne avoided folding by moving to Sydney in the AFL.
We are just a small, suburban club. How can we expect success when we are up against one-city clubs like Brisbane and Melbourne?

From a business point of view there is no reason why we can not survive - it just needs the right approach.

I can only comment on the marketing side of things but there are several, easy, quick wins that could be done to address many of the membership and revenue issues

There's a great stadium sitting idol on the central coast, I'm happier to go and watch a game there than at brookvale, I know that's not going to be a popular opinion but they need to bulldoze brookvale and rebuild the entire thing, there's not one piece of infrastructure thats worth keeping - It take me the best part of an hour to travel to either place. I still cant believe we don't even have a medicab.

I believe a new owner with deep pockets and wealthy contacts for TPA's is our only option to relocation. Winning brings a fan base and we need the above to consistently compete.
Relocation still requires the above as well.

Unless the existence of TPA's disappears the only clubs that will consistently win will have 2-3M in TPA's, as is happening now, and it's all secret. Well most is.

You simply cannot compete with millions less than some clubs have to spend.

It's impossible.

I hope Gorman is in the Middle East right now organising it.

Relocation or merger will never work for Manly.

This feels different to 1999 because back then rugby league was still one of the leading sports in Australia. It hurt to not be part of it after our long history (and I consider that in the NE years we weren't part of it - the merger with Norths was an abomination).

In 2018 Todd Greenberg is driving the whole sport into the ground, so the club going down with it (even if it's at a slightly faster rate) doesn't quite seem like such a big deal.
Perhaps we should be thinking more of a j-v as being 'evolutionary'. All business have to change to be successful and profitable.
I don't want Manly to become the easybeats of the competition. But unless we change that is our future. Why not try to link with the most successful rugby region in NZ, Canterbury? Provide a fertile environment that allows players to code-hop and coaches to share knowledge and facilities; harness new membership, support and sponsorship from the south island of NZ, play half our matches in Christchurch (much better than Suncorp) and regain our winning feeling.

Perhaps we should be thinking more of a j-v as being 'evolutionary'. All business have to change to be successful and profitable.
I don't want Manly to become the easybeats of the competition. But unless we change that is our future. Why not try to link with the most successful rugby region in NZ, Canterbury? Provide a fertile environment that allows players to code-hop and coaches to share knowledge and facilities; harness new membership, support and sponsorship from the south island of NZ, play half our matches in Christchurch (much better than Suncorp) and regain our winning feeling.
With Barrett and our owners in charge they'd still fu k it up. We're 10 years away from another good era. We need a change of ownership and the whole place busted and started again. We need to get back to being Manly.

If the club is sold, I don't think we would remain at Brookvale.
Perth Sea Eagles here we come

I agree. If the club is sold there is no gaurantee that it stays at Brookvale; a buyer with that sort of coin could easily dictate where the club plays as part of the sale.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2