Refs!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Andyvb88

Reserve Grader
Is it just me or did the refs seem to not want to give manly a penalty in the second half. Was a great game but the ref seemed to only want to give the storm a penalty. This helped the storm get out of their half to many times.

Yeah we didn't get many calls in the second half but i though we got alot in the first half. We can't blame the refs we were not great tonight.

Sad thing was Manly got in a position to polish Storm off & the 2 2nd half tries showed a lack of defensive urgency imo.
That try after Nielson kicked it & Smith tapped it away, Snake was the only Seaeagle on the scene. Norrie showed the urgency along with 4 other Storm players.
The cross field kick try was like slow motion & Duffie was always going to beat an unprotected(again) Taufua.
Just the 1% plays cost us unfortunately - not the ref.

No blaming the refs, they werent great tonight but neither were we. We did however have opportunities to win the game, but you cant give Melbourne the amount of chances we did. I'm starting to think DCE's sidewards running is contributing to our downfall in attack, but i trust 2V will fix this if it is in fact the case.

What was that penalty with nine minutes to go about which put Melbourne eight points clear? The Scum player lost the ball and it was gained by Manly, yet the ref made some ridiculous call.

How is it that the video ref can tip off a ref when someone stays down, like when King got reported, yet they can't or won't tip off the ref when they make a glaring error? I thought video refs were there to reduce errors.

The Who said:
What was that penalty with nine minutes to go about which put Melbourne eight points clear? The Scum player lost the ball and it was gained by Manly, yet the ref made some ridiculous call.

How is it that the video ref can tip off a ref when someone stays down, like when King got reported, yet they can't or won't tip off the ref when they make a glaring error? I thought video refs were there to reduce errors.

One of our players (Lyon maybe) took out a scum support player without the ball, that was the ruling but I wasnt sure if it was the correct call.

The last 2o minutes was diabolical refereeing.

The scum were off side 2 or 3 times most sets, adding to that the "10m" for them was 10-11, for us it was 11 to 13. Twice we have to cross 2 of the 10m lines on the field, surely thats a giveaway

it looked like blatent cheating to the naked eye.

To say we lost the game ourselves is crap. The storm didnt beat us in 1 singles stat bar the scorecard. we beat them in completions, line breaks, missed tackles, offloads and metres gained. What is the disconnect?

EagleRock40 said:
No blaming the refs, they werent great tonight but neither were we. We did however have opportunities to win the game, but you cant give Melbourne the amount of chances we did. I'm starting to think DCE's sidewards running is contributing to our downfall in attack, but i trust 2V will fix this if it is in fact the case.

DCE has been able to get away with his push and shove plays, and usually gets something happening.Tonight he found out what happens when a well drilled side takes away all his time and space. He'll be better for it. He's a smart kid.

I'll preface this by saying the scum deserved to win tonight.

However, the scum continue to hold, grapple, crush, flop, 3rd man each ruck all the time and the refs do nothing.

Amounts to very little tonight but every game i have watched they get the rub of the green in the ruck every time.

Its almost as if refs are scared to penalise them in case angry balls tells them off. Its odd.

However we deserved to lose tonight, as much as it pains me to say it.

psau14 said:

However, the scum continue to hold, grapple, crush, flop, 3rd man each ruck all the time and the refs do nothing.

Amounts to very little tonight but every game i have watched they get the rub of the green in the ruck every time.

Its almost as if refs are scared to penalise them in case angry balls tells them off. Its odd.

Why? We scored the same number of tries - and ours were team tries. The Storm scored one team try, one through a bomb which we gifted to them by not challenging for it, one through a lucky grubber, and one through a diabolitcal one on one missed tackle on Smith.
We hadn't played for 18 days, DCE was hurt early, Foz wasn't his usual self, and we lost our best attacking forward.

wombatgc said:
EagleRock40 said:

DCE has been able to get away with his push and shove plays, and usually gets something happening.Tonight he found out what happens when a well drilled side takes away all his time and space. He'll be better for it. He's a smart kid.

I hope so mate, cause the guy is a champion player and has such a broad skill set. If he is a smart kid, then he will be the the best halfback in he game in about 5 years time.

The Who said:
psau14 said:

Why? We scored the same number of tries - and ours were team tries. The Storm scored one team try, one through a bomb which we gifted to them by not challenging for it, one through a lucky grubber, and one through a diabolitcal one on one missed tackle on Smith.
We hadn't played for 18 days, DCE was hurt early, Foz wasn't his usual self, and we lost our best attacking forward.

Simply they were more consistent and regardless of who is injured or not played 80 mins better than we did.

It doesnt matter how u score them, all that matters is that you do.

In finals pressure the scum will collapse like last year, but in regulation their consistancy will win alot of games.

We lost to a better team "tonight" only. Does not mean that come September we won't smash them.

The refs did let them get away with murder in the grapple - I mean tackle - but, as others have pointed out, we just didn't play hard enough to win. We came out with no intensity in the second half and just stood around while Norrie scored a try. And Cooper Cronk's kicking game is ridiculously good.

psau14 said:
The Who said:
psau14 said:

Simply they were more consistent and regardless of who is injured or not played 80 mins better than we did.

It doesnt matter how u score them, all that matters is that you do.

In finals pressure the scum will collapse like last year, but in regulation their consistancy will win alot of games.

We lost to a better team "tonight" only. Does not mean that come September we won't smash them.

more consistent in getting away with breaking the rules.

We beat the storm in completions, line breaks, offloads, missed tackles, metres gained. They beat us in the score, thats it.

Disconnect there somewhere?

Guys watched at the ground, now again on TV....it might not cost a game but they definately get reffed different to every other team.

They stand side by side in the play the ball....their 10 is less than the others....they hold down more than the opposition and dont get pinged, much.......they throw "flat" balls all night from dummy half.....they have a 3rd man in regualary and they time the flop very well.

This all helps to keep good field podition and work the defence over and over again.

They are a protected species and I hate them...They are cheats....

More beer...Good night

It really was not an equal playing field at all tonight. A combination of questionable refereeing and other assorted cheating, by team scum.

Ok, that is all from me for the moment. Do I feel better, hmmm hardly. I just can't stand cheats.......!!!!

:)

Ron E. Gibbs said:
The refs did let them get away with murder in the grapple - I mean tackle

it was the same in the u/20's match-always 3 in a tackle, roll attacker on his back & take your time to get off him. rarely a penalty given

Fluffy said:
The last 2o minutes was diabolical refereeing.

The scum were off side 2 or 3 times most sets, adding to that the "10m" for them was 10-11, for us it was 11 to 13. Twice we have to cross 2 of the 10m lines on the field, surely thats a giveaway

it looked like blatent cheating to the naked eye.

To say we lost the game ourselves is crap. The storm didnt beat us in 1 singles stat bar the scorecard. we beat them in completions, line breaks, missed tackles, offloads and metres gained. What is the disconnect?

That might all be true Fluffy but there is no stat that measures competing for 80 mins and getting players around the ball particularly from kicks.

The only question I have is how did Cameron Smith get away with that knock on when fielding a kick close to his line in the first half. I think the forward pass he got pinged for moments later was a get square - but when all is said and done it was a great game and the better team won.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6