Refs make own rules ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
An ugly incident had 2 Cows down after a collision so had to defend with 11 players....
It was an obvious situation that had me head scratching- not just due to 1 team getting a ridiculous advantage....more the fact we could and did have, serious injuries.
On the flipside earlier in the game the refs stopped play when someone basically hobbled out of a tackle, nowhere near play....and were obviously ok.
Not a fan of Cows or Storm but player welfare which has been about the number 1 catch phrase for official recently, went out the window.
Personally hate stoppages and dives, but this was a clear cut serious situation and if these off field officials are watching, they basically help the recs with what they miss....so how did they all miss it....

The commentators even said it as it was unfolding, the Cowboys medical team didn't alert the officials until the Storm was on the otherside of the field.

It’s a catch 22 really.
They have to have protocols otherwise players can take the piss.

Yes we all saw the collision but my initial thoughts were no head clash or anything like that, players stayed down because they were injured. It was only when I saw the replay that I realised that McDonalds ankle was not where it should be.

Apparently the trainers have to alert the touchies in regards to stopping the play if they think there’s a serious injury.
It’s one of those incidents that didn’t really fit into the “ by the book” scenarios.

To play devils advocate, imagine if one of the refs blew the whistle to stop play and then both players got up with nothing wrong.

An ugly incident had 2 Cows down after a collision so had to defend with 11 players....
It was an obvious situation that had me head scratching- not just due to 1 team getting a ridiculous advantage....more the fact we could and did have, serious injuries.
On the flipside earlier in the game the refs stopped play when someone basically hobbled out of a tackle, nowhere near play....and were obviously ok.
Not a fan of Cows or Storm but player welfare which has been about the number 1 catch phrase for official recently, went out the window.
Personally hate stoppages and dives, but this was a clear cut serious situation and if these off field officials are watching, they basically help the recs with what they miss....so how did they all miss it....
Might be nits- the head scratching?

It’s a catch 22 really.
They have to have protocols otherwise players can take the piss.

Yes we all saw the collision but my initial thoughts were no head clash or anything like that, players stayed down because they were injured. It was only when I saw the replay that I realised that McDonalds ankle was not where it should be.

Apparently the trainers have to alert the touchies in regards to stopping the play if they think there’s a serious injury.
It’s one of those incidents that didn’t really fit into the “ by the book” scenarios.

To play devils advocate, imagine if one of the refs blew the whistle to stop play and then both players got up with nothing wrong.

According to some who are claiming they were at the ground, the Cows trainers were yelling at the touchie on the grandstand side that they had a serious injury and she (Belinda Sleeman) basically ignored them.

According to some who are claiming they were at the ground, the Cows trainers were yelling at the touchie on the grandstand side that they had a serious injury and she (Belinda Sleeman) basically ignored them.

Well if that's the case then the protocols have been covered and it's another case of the officials f@#king up.
And the follow on of that is that instead of just two players being seriously injured, imagine the uproar if Munster was seriously injured too in the ensuing play that lead to the Cowboys player being charged and suspended.

Last edited:
The Storm get a golden run from the refs every week. It is the single most nauseating thing about our game for mine. Even more insufferable than the blind eye they turn to the Roosters' bottomless salary cap, or the steady stream of Friday night games for the Broncos.

There really isn't much point being a fan of a completion in which 3 teams are given massive competitive advantages whilst rules are put in place that stop the other clubs from helping themselves.

The day will come when I stop watching the NRL for good. I don't know when, but under Greenberg's leadership I can't shake the feeling that it will be within a few years.

The Storm get a golden run from the refs every week. It is the single most nauseating thing about our game for mine. Even more insufferable than the blind eye they turn to the Roosters' bottomless salary cap, or the steady stream of Friday night games for the Broncos.

There really isn't much point being a fan of a completion in which 3 teams are given massive competitive advantages whilst rules are put in place that stop the other clubs from helping themselves.

The day will come when I stop watching the NRL for good. I don't know when, but under Greenberg's leadership I can't shake the feeling that it will be within a few years.
Sad ending to give up the game....but I do get it....some of the double standards and transparency of their BS officiating, running of the game and certain teams having obvious special treatment is sickening....I love the game but feel the pure, raw rugby league I grew up with is long gone - replaced by greed and agendas and sadly people who have never played the game to understand its grass roots.

It did all seem a bit weird.

I'm sure there are rules but we all heard the ref say that the trainer has to tell the touch judge who then has a committee meeting, takes triplicates of the meeting's minutes, have them approved by upper management, then the ref can stop the game.

But

We've also all seen the ref stop play when they see an injury in a tackle. So I dunno where the line is drawn (storm / broncos); unless the ref's were saying that they didn't think the collision was worth stopping play for (2 guys sprawled out not enough apparently) and when that happens, it's up to the trainer to tell the touchie.

??

Des will just get on with it but the refs blew penalty after penalty to get the knights back in. I know we won but we were lucky we got out of the blocks so well at the start

DCE lining up a kick ( the only one He missed) blokes moving around, shouting and waving their arms, the dumb ass ref standing there like a stale bottle letting it go.
We do it, penalty.
We were equally negligent not demanding another kick .
Even though it would be request denied.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8