Referees

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Well if last night wasn't bad enough...This arvo at Canberra were terrible and at Win now its no no better...Absolutely disgraceful...Both on field and in the box...Like always a poor decision lead to a try to the others...again....

Was an full afternoon of couchtime for me today and was fortunate enough to watch the Mounties/Cutters game.

Whoever the ref was they should promote him. Would leave any ref in the NRL for dead.

I'm starting to like the idea of a single ref again, two just means twice as many penalties.

Am currently watching wallabies v all blacks. It's a lot more relaxing watching a game & not being totally frustrated by inept referring decisions. Not questioning decisions. Decisions being made on the spot. Its quite refreshing. Can the NRL forget about Israel Folau & try & poach a few referees.

A rugby referee would have a mental breakdown upon witnessing the first NRL scrum.

Clint said:
Am currently watching wallabies v all blacks. It's a lot more relaxing watching a game & not being totally frustrated by inept referring decisions. Not questioning decisions. Decisions being made on the spot. Its quite refreshing. Can the NRL forget about Israel Folau & try & poach a few referees.

Rugby is worse with all their bull**** technical penalties. The whole game is just 1 big penalty-a-thon. 62 points in a game with only 6 tries **** me.

mickqld said:
Clint said:

Rugby is worse with all their bull**** technical penalties. The whole game is just 1 big penalty-a-thon. 62 points in a game with only 6 tries f**k me.

I'm hearing you mick, and not for a minute am I disagreeing with what you are saying, but my point is that the referee in the union makes a decision & stands by it. There's no procrastinating BS going on, and another thing I did notice was that there wasn't 6 blokes questioning the refs decision whenever a decision was made. The players just got on with the game. Dont get me wrong, league is a heaps better game than union, but we could learn a lot from their officialdom.

Clint said:
mickqld said:
Clint said:

Rugby is worse with all their bull**** technical penalties. The whole game is just 1 big penalty-a-thon. 62 points in a game with only 6 tries f**k me.

I'm hearing you mick, and not for a minute am I disagreeing with what you are saying, but my point is that the referee in the union makes a decision & stands by it. There's no procrastinating BS going on, and another thing I did notice was that there wasn't 6 blokes questioning the refs decision whenever a decision was made. The players just got on with the game. Dont get me wrong, league is a heaps better game than union, but we could learn a lot from their officialdom.

Totally agree that the NRL refs are spineless and seem to have no respect from the players. It comes from the top. They need to go back to school and learn of the hard arse refs techniques of the 70's and before. Take no **** from players and tell coaches to shut the **** up and but out of the rules.
Bill Harrigan is responsible for putting them in the spotlight and now it will take years to rid the game of his stench.

Clint said:
The players just got on with the game. Dont get me wrong, league is a heaps better game than union, but we could learn a lot from their officialdom.

Good point Clint.

I was thinking the very same thing while watching (sort of) that game tonight.

Respect is shown towards the ref, he is addressed as sir. We should do the same and we should also have our refs cease with calling players by their first name. Player numbers only unless its the captain.

Rah rah refs would give it up after the first NRL scrum. Fullbacks packing in at lock, first come first serve in the 2nd row, back rowers out in the centres, balls fed to the locks feet, no pushing. They'd have nervous breakdowns seeing that up close, but they probably see it on TV and laugh at the joke our scrum has become.

Jatz Crackers said:
Clint said:
The players just got on with the game. Dont get me wrong, league is a heaps better game than union, but we could learn a lot from their officialdom.

Good point Clint.

Respect is shown towards the ref, he is addressed as sir. We should do the same and we should also have our refs cease with calling players by their first name. Player numbers only unless its the captain.
Remember when Beaver called the ref sir, he got 10 in the bin for it

MissKate said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Clint said:

Good point Clint.

Back in 2003 v the wabbits no less.

MissKate said:

Was that the one where after a try against Manly the referee was up near the goal kicker & Beaver came running up to talk to him. "Move away Steve. Move away Steve. Move away Steve." Steve Clark I think that was.

I thought it was hampsted but I could be wrong. We got another dud call in the game and Beaver said 'you're having a good game sir', promptly got marched 10

Brissie Kid said:
MissKate said:

Was that the one where after a try against Manly the referee was up near the goal kicker & Beaver came running up to talk to him. "Move away Steve. Move away Steve. Move away Steve." Steve Clark I think that was.

MissKate said:
I thought it was hampsted but I could be wrong. We got another dud call in the game and Beaver said 'you're having a good game sir', promptly got marched 10

Their was definitely two different occassions where Beaver was binned.

The one Miss Kate is referring to was Paul Simpkins in 2006 :
http://www.silvertails.net/articles/article-archive/2433

The one i was talking about was in 2003.

Clint said:
mickqld said:
Clint said:

What you are seeing is primarily ONE REFEREE and that one referee is consistent in his decisions, whether you agree with them or not.

That's what's wrong with rugby league. Two referees, two different interpretations and neither of them consistent.

GET RID OF THE TWO REFEREE SYSTEM!!!!!!

They should have 6 Refs in games that don't affect the final 8 like Parra v Penriff, let them blow all the penalties they want and then let some football happen in the real games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6