Refereeing in the finals, what’s happening?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The penalty count was 3-3 tonight; that’s kind of incredible given who were on the whistle tonight; I thought we’d get caned and the refs would decide the game but I thought they actually gave both sides a fair go.

In Melbourne this afternoon, the refs actually seemed, well to me anyway, to give both sides a fair go and not put up with the scums usual bull****.

Toddy must be having kittens as the NRL’s script isn’t panning out.

I hope that I’m not speaking to soon but I hope that this continues throughout the finals.

The penalty count was 3-3 tonight; that’s kind of incredible given who were on the whistle tonight; I thought we’d get caned and the refs would decide the game but I thought they actually gave both sides a fair go.

In Melbourne this afternoon, the refs actually seemed, well to me anyway, to give both sides a fair go and not put up with the scums usual bull****.

I hope that I’m not speaking to soon but I hope that this continues throughout the finals.
We’re on fire with minimal stoppages. These boys are as fit as fvck. We get a 3-3 penalty count next week, we’ll take the Bunnies.

There were far too many penalties in the other game though, it was over a dozen at half time. Our game flowed much better.

Amazing how good the game can be when you eliminate the nit picking bullsht penalties. Just hope they keep it up next week because the only way the vermin can win games is on the back of multiple leg up penalties. Get another low penalty game we will take them out.

nice to get a home ground advantage for once.

but yes very strange how things change so quickly.....

All year Annersley talked about keeping refs out of the game as much as possible.
WTF do these clowns talk about at the review after the usual weekend of 20 plus penalties

Every year they hail origin as the holy grail, every year we see great contests with low penalties and every f... ing year we see 20 plus penalties three days later as club games resume.

It absolutely defies belief the standard of executive in our game. Every average punter at the pub can tell what’s wrong and these idiots just keep making the same mistakes.
It is the biggest single problem in our game.

It is the biggest single problem in our game.
So true.
Along with the shameful focus on mega stadia.
Oh yes, and also having the media 'partners' in charge of everything from scheduling, to deciding which clubs will be in the comp.

'Refs should just blow less penalties' is a silver bullet solution to me.

The usual problem with low penalty counts is that teams (some a lot more than others) will slow down the game with spoiling tactics even further, because they know they are less likely to be penalised.

Of course, if you could somehow guarantee that both sides kept those tactics to a minimum while keeping a low penalty count, then that would be ideal. But it is usually not how it works.

Perenarra did over rule Ceccin on a crucial knock on when we threw a falcon at Brad that bounced and hit a Shark.

Prenerra correctly called it a Sharks knock on, much to our surprise :D

Can’t believe the purple scum carrying on about the touch judge call that ‘cost them the game’. No, dip****s, Addo-Carr not hanging onto the ball cost you the game...even if the touchie call on Vunivalu was wrong (and it probably was, but let’s not forget *on* the chalk is *out*, and there was a centimetre or two in whether his fingers touched or didn’t touch the chalk, at best) - they would’ve had time left for one Hail Mary play...Canberra had been the better side all night and I would’ve bet the house on them defending it.

Suck it, purple pricks!!!

The only thing the Refs kept overlooking were the headhighs on Manly Players :mad:

Brad loses his head before the ball and Sharks get a scrum :banghead:

IMG_20190915_101146.jpg

The 'non calls' though help some teams. The Roosters got the gold class treatment in the first 30 minutes on Friday night. Went from 8-0 to 14-0 from Jaydn Su'A getting pinged for inside the 10m. There was no need to call that penalty. But they did.

Can’t believe the purple scum carrying on about the touch judge call that ‘cost them the game’. No, dip****s, Addo-Carr not hanging onto the ball cost you the game...even if the touchie call on Vunivalu was wrong (and it probably was, but let’s not forget *on* the chalk is *out*, and there was a centimetre or two in whether his fingers touched or didn’t touch the chalk, at best) - they would’ve had time left for one Hail Mary play...Canberra had been the better side all night and I would’ve bet the house on them defending it.

I'm not sure the touchie was wrong. You can see the Raiders player pointing to Vunivalu's hand on the touchline.

I'm not sure the touchie was wrong. You can see the Raiders player pointing to Vunivalu's hand on the touchline.

Yeah, I agree - like I said, there was a centimetre or two in it, if that. You can see he curls his fingers in to try and avoid touching it, that’s how close it was. I’m not discounting that the touchie has seen fingertips scrape the chalk, he may well have. The Scum fans are carrying on like he was a metre in @:D

I thought he touched the ball before it went 10.

Thank you Graham Annesley. ref boss had not even had Ceechin in any match. He had all his favs.
Annesley stepped in and over ruled Sutton.

Thank God for that, pushing Perenara to junior ref.

That Cecchin was not considered to be in the top 8 refs is an absolute joke.
The nepotism from Bernard Sutton is sickening and wrong.
The fact Annersley had to come in and over rule the refs boss speaks
volumes of the corruption involved.
If we end up with Klein next week, we’re fvcked.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6