Referee Integrity Commission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
I will be very careful with my words here. I am not accusing any refs of past wrongdoing, however I think the NRL needs to be proactive to deter any future refereeing corruption in the game.

An investigative body should be established to deter referees from succumbing to the pressure of accepting bribes or any conscious/unconscious bias.

Powers should be given to this authority to regularly:

1. Check bank accounts (transactions)
2. Phone tap (conversations)
3. Covert surveillance (checking for unusual brown paper bag cash spending)

Please avoid defaming referees with your responses. Keep it clean.

Discuss.

There has to be something in it, I struggle to believe some reffing decisions, can some refs really be that bad, honestly

This is one for Columbo...

("Pardon me for bothering you sir on such a fine day like this, but, we have noticed you giving Bunnies 5 relieving penalties to take the pressure off them, are you receiving any financial benefit for this blatant bias?)

1969 said:
This is one for Columbo...

("Pardon me for bothering you sir on such a fine day like this, but, we have noticed you giving Bunnies 5 relieving penalties to take the pressure off them, are you receiving any financial benefit for this blatant bias?)

Looks like someone let the rabbit...... Out of the hat...

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
MissKate said:
There has to be something in it, I struggle to believe some reffing decisions, can some refs really be that bad, honestly

It's not so much the on the spot decisions they screw up, those can be acceptable mistakes sometimes. It's the video ones where they look at it 10 times and still decide the opposite to everyone else watching. Someone PLEASE EXPLAIN to me the Horo on report one. That was the one that just reeked of blatant bias more than anything else.

MissKate said:
I totally agree. Did anyone notice the smirk on Shayne Hayne's face the other night at one point when we were penalised. He also has a vendetta against Foz dating back to the 2011 Grandfinal Qualifier. I believe this grudge against Foz cost us the Round 14 game against the Bulldogs .

For the officials to influence the outcome of a game there would have to be collusion between the 2 on field refs and the video ref. Highly unlikely. Let's not confuse incompetence with corruption.

c and c

comments paid for by the NRL refs assoc!

lock delete bannerd!!!!!

If there's money involved,anything's possible!Look at Damien Oliver in racing and match fixing in cricket.Also been some NRL players and ex players involved in match betting,and who can forget the great "scum" rort!

Certification on statistics (statistical improbabilities) and unconscious bias would be a good start.

That's code for the non-sensical home ground advantage and anti-Manly bias.

Chip and Chase said:
For the officials to influence the outcome of a game there would have to be collusion between the 2 on field refs and the video ref. Highly unlikely. Let's not confuse incompetence with corruption.

Agree with Chip and Chase. The referees are just a bad bunch which Anderson has inherited from Harrigan. They were fine for the first month but then they fell back to the old ways. I can handle a bad call from the ref. it us just the case of Horos tackle for example. It was fine. The ref said its fine. The video ref who has the privilege if seeing it numerous times comes up with the wrong call. The video ref needs to be taken to task about this mistake.
The referees also need more help from the touch judges. I can be a touchy now that they are only required to dress for the part and run up and down the field.

MissKate said:
Well in Cecchin's case.....

niccipops said:
MissKate said:
Well in Cecchin's case.....

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!

Over sweetheart I'm gettin a rash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm let me see, a job where you will be criticised and abused no matter what you do, and now you will have someone randomly checking your banks accounts etc etc.

No one & I mean no one in their right mind would take on a job in those circumstances.

Ralphie said:
Hmmm let me see, a job where you will be criticised and abused no matter what you do, and now you will have someone randomly checking your banks accounts etc etc.

No one & I mean no one in their right mind would take on a job in those circumstances.
You've just confirmed my suspicions, they're all certifiable lunatics :s

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7