Reed Constructions on verge of collapse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Just noticed that reed Constructions is on the verge of collapse, are they still a major sponsor for this year?
Also, with the government withdrawing the solar hot water rebate, Quantum may be in a precarious position as well.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/reed-constructions-on-verge-of-collapse-says-nsw-opposition/story-e6frg6nf-1226284703445

Companies are collapsing all over the joint my industry. Sanyo eg Penrith looks like they will be leaving our shores by the end of this year. Sporting teams are going to be affected over all sports by the years end. Unfortunalety this is the sign of the times. if you think its bad you should see it from my perspective. I never seen anything like it in all my working years.

Oneyeagle said:
Companies are collapsing all over the joint my industry. Sanyo eg Penrith looks like they will be leaving our shores by the end of this year. Sporting teams are going to be affected over all sports by the years end. Unfortunalety this is the sign of the times. if you think its bad you should see it from my perspective. I never seen anything like it in all my working years.

I know this isn't the main reason, but Australian business is very susceptible to collapse. As so many business models are franchises and chains and similar and head office controls the business, it gives a lot of small business not much room to maneuver's through tough times. There business model is not very flexible.Qld is very bad at this as very few mom and dad shops are around, its all mega hyper maxi domes, with the same chain stores in all of them

Seen it all before in europe. When there is a boom the greedy bastards at the top, rape the economy for all it is worth and leave it for dead. Only difference we have here other than places like ireland is the better banking reg's and a mining boom. Come on the TV deal we might just need it.

jbb/james said:
Oneyeagle said:

I know this isn't the main reason, but Australian business is very susceptible to collapse. As so many business models are franchises and chains and similar and head office controls the business, it gives a lot of small business not much room to maneuver's through tough times. There business model is not very flexible.Qld is very bad at this as very few mom and dad shops are around, its all mega hyper maxi domes, with the same chain stores in all of them

You know your subject matie. Franchises are truly fragile in Recessions. Head office's are now taking over and again appointing managers. Has not stop WOW Sight and sound going under who sponses the Broncs. 500 staff gonesky as of yesterday. Let me please say without any question and I've told from the Best. It going to get a Hell of lot worse before it even looks like getting better.

Hard to feel soryy for Reed Const. Some may say that's a bit of karma.

Oneyeagle said:
jbb/james said:
Oneyeagle said:

You know your subject matie. Franchises are truly fragile in Recessions. Head office's are now taking over and again appointing managers. Has not stop WOW Sight and sound going under who sponses the Broncs. 500 staff gonesky as of yesterday. Let me please say without any question and I've told from the Best. It going to get a Hell of lot worse before it even looks like getting better.

uncertain times ahead, i agree, but for many it will open opportunity, just as buying a house and shares in a collapse can mean good times ahead, many will be able to carve out a niche in these challenging times in business also, especially when many others close there doors reducing competition

jbb/james said:
Oneyeagle said:
jbb/james said:
Oneyeagle said:

uncertain times ahead, i agree, but for many it will open opportunity, just as buying a house and shares in a collapse can mean good times ahead, many will be able to carve out a niche in these challenging times in business also, especially when many others close there doors reducing competition

Lets hope those companies will want to sponsor the Manly Sea eagles :)

What we are seeing in business at the moment is a cleansing of the pipe. Businesses that don't have a solid platform and have not remained relevant to their clients are being pushed out and the better businesses will reap the rewards.

Take for instance my industry Real Estate. There have been over 30000 real estate agents nationwide who have not re-newed their registration and left the industry. Mostly those who have not seen training as being important and are still doing business the way it worked back in the 80's.

In the meantime my business has never been better. Yes things are slow at the moment, but we realised that it wasn't the market getting better that would change things, but us getting better.

Your both correct. Some companies will do well in a recession as did others in WW2. But there is no doubt the money wheel needs to speed up in the Private sector primarily Retail. How it effects the club I guess is more to the point and its the Suppliers and Retailers that drive the sponsorship dollar.

Just for the record I'm doing OK. Thanks for asking.

sorry on eye agle. Glad to see your doing fine. Its hard for me to get my head around the sponsorship in these times. While I know sponsorship is partly business ive always considered it a big wank as well. And wank money must be getting thin at the moment

What type of business are you in, maybe the eagle community put business your way too

Chip and Chase said:

Care to elaborate C&C? I've always viewed Reed as a consistently solid supporter of Manly over the years.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
What we are seeing in business at the moment is a cleansing of the pipe. Businesses that don't have a solid platform and have not remained relevant to their clients are being pushed out and the better businesses will reap the rewards.

Take for instance my industry Real Estate. There have been over 30000 real estate agents nationwide who have not re-newed their registration and left the industry. Mostly those who have not seen training as being important and are still doing business the way it worked back in the 80's.

In the meantime my business has never been better. Yes things are slow at the moment, but we realised that it wasn't the market getting better that would change things, but us getting better.

Just be kind to the trust account and all will be fine.

jbb/james said:
sorry on eye agle. Glad to see your doing fine. Its hard for me to get my head around the sponsorship in these times. While I know sponsorship is partly business ive always considered it a big wank as well. And wank money must be getting thin at the moment

What type of business are you in, maybe the eagle community put business your way too

Ha Ha. Its 'One eye eagle" as one word. Electrical Appliances. I'm a Agent/Broker and have 12 Companies on my books. Sell to Good Guys, Harvey's, Bing Lee and other independents in Sydney. Family business since 73. My 23rd year in the industry. Re. Community help. I'm all good.. Thanks for asking :)

All the more reason to get every Manly fan on paid memberships if there will be no businesses around to give us $$$

Bradza said:
Chip and Chase said:

Care to elaborate C&C? I've always viewed Reed as a consistently solid supporter of Manly over the years.

I wasn't referring to their support of Manly. I work in the construction industry and they have a reputation for being "hard nosed", to put it politely. They have sent a coule of subbies to the wall that I know of.

My business is a tough business these days as well, but good travel agents with decades of knowledge are hard to find, so I am doing just fine thanks!!

But nevertheless a lot of business we used to do we no longer do as we can't compete.

People today either want price or knowledge / service....I prefer the latter to the former and there's plenty of business around that isn't always about the lowest number.

I feel sorry for Reed (if that's true) they have been a long time supporter.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4