Ready to Return to the Top

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are hoping that it's an improved season, as are fans of all clubs.
Of the 16 'experts' in the Tele only one predicts us to reach the heights of 8th place.
To me it is a very open competition, but I'm not sure we'll have the class to score sufficient points to win a majority of matches. I'm hoping that our link to the Sea Eagles Workers will unearth some future stars. Certainly it will give us greater depth than we've had for a while.

I think that we will make the eight. Most of those media experts aren't hard core fans like us. They see we have signed Uate sironen and Hastings. They aren't aware of what Kelly Parker Shuster Amone Bainbridge AFB Jamil Perret Cullen could be. We have depth this year like never before. And they only saw a half strength Tom T, playing a lot of wing and centre. Walker in the centres will be a revelation. He was often our most threatening last year out of position and Tom Wright could be anything by the end of the year injury free.

Indeed. They are merely indolent cargo cultists, like the inbred Opposition Leader, Lecturing Fluke Oley. Or should that be Hectoring Luke Folly?

Either way, Puke was quoted in this morning's MD proclaiming that Manly is the 'most hated team'. Sure it is...

Indeed. They are merely indolent cargo cultists, like the inbred Opposition Leader, Lecturing Fluke Oley. Or should that be Hectoring Luke Folly?

Either way, Puke was quoted in this morning's MD proclaiming that Manly is the 'most hated team'. Sure it is...
Lovely paragraphs.

Foley is from St Ives and is a fake westie. If his dislike of manly sprang from a love of the sadly departed norths, then I could possibly forgive him because I understand league tribalism.

However I strongly suspect he is a bandwagoneer, distancing himself from manly in a vain attempt to curry favour with the "working class."

As a swinging voter I am now fervently supporting "our Glad".

Manly will be in the bottom half of the 8. However if they have little in the way in injuries and manage to achieve stability in their side, who knows what the can achieve. Suggesting Manly wont make the 8, either means assessors are assuming as bad year of injuries again, or they're just flipping coins to determine who will make it

Foley is from St Ives and is a fake westie. If his dislike of manly sprang from a love of the sadly departed norths, then I could possibly forgive him because I understand league tribalism.

However I strongly suspect he is a bandwagoneer, distancing himself from manly in a vain attempt to curry favour with the "working class."

You're probably right about the bandwagoneer but let me see....he's from St Ives, a fake westie, and a Roosters fan. That just doesn't seem like a plausible combination! :shake:

Foley can hate us all he wants - after his 'proclamation' he shouldn't expect any support from here :finger:

Lovely paragraphs.

As a swinging voter I am now fervently supporting "our Glad".
I did not understand a word of that @Shoe1 :)

I'd be much more confident of making the eight, if Warnie came out and bagged us as a 'safe'team.@:D

You're probably right about the bandwagoneer but let me see....he's from St Ives, a fake westie, and a Roosters fan. That just doesn't seem like a plausible combination.:)
Not so hard to understand. Doesn't 'Dog's Best Friend', Mitch Pearce, come from Burl Ives? I mean Snives?

I understand that the Roosters are now very popular in that neck of the North Snore...I mean Shore.

Those bloody journos even list Lewis Brown in the starting back row! Some very questionable thinking by them at times, very questionable

I've heard Barrett, DCE and Myles all reference the importance of starting well in round 1 so there's no excuses.

A loss in round 1 worries me as it seems we are intent on winning - not sure what that'll do to our guys mindset if Parra come out firing.
If Parra come out firing, surely we'll fight fire with fire.
If you are worried that it will be very hard to downplay a loss, we had this discussion before the Chooks trial - in the end, there's no point pretending you aren't trying to win, when you are trying to win!

I'm just picking up the vibe that Baz has really got the boys focused on a good start.
If they don't start the season well, I'm just concerned things may go pair shaped after that.
If we don't start the season well things will definitely go pear shaped after that. One look at our draw confirms this!

thats the crap draw from Toddy - he is hoping we take some time to settle and cannot take advantage early and then we cop a ****ty road run then 5 away games from the last 7 to finish the year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6