Rd 3 :: Sea Eagles teams this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sea Eagles:Â 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Terence Seuseu 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. George Rose 17. Vic Mauro 18. Tim Robinson

Re: Sea Eagles team

interesting that no cover player named for TRex

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300770461[/time]

Knights: 1. Kurt Gidley 2. James McManus,3. Junior Sa'u 4. Wes Naiqama 5. Akuila Uate 6. Beau Henry 7. Jarrod Mullen 8. Antonio Kaufusi 9. Matt Hilder 10. Evarn Tuimavave 11. Zeb Taia 12. Cameron Ciraldo 13. Chris Houston
Interchange: 14. Ben Rogers 15. Cory Paterson 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Dan Tolar 18. Joel Edwards

It's what I expected by I'm still a little disappointed. I don't understand how Galuvao gets a starting spot over Buhrer who was one of the best performers in both games. I also thought Harrison was outstanding off the bench last week and would have gotten the nod over Galuvao too. Maybe its one of those blood them and get them hungry to make sure they keep proving themselves scenerios, rather than just giving them a spot and making them complacent. I also thought Robinson was better at prop than Mauro but that is a bit of a toss up.

Captain of the Gate link said:
It's what I expected by I'm still a little disappointed. I don't understand how Galuvao gets a starting spot over Buhrer who was one of the best performers in both games. I also thought Harrison was outstanding off the bench last week and would have gotten the nod over Galuvao too. Maybe its one of those blood them and get them hungry to make sure they keep proving themselves scenerios, rather than just giving them a spot and making them complacent. I also thought Robinson was better at prop than Mauro but that is a bit of a toss up.

The knights have a huge pack so we start with Joe to contain their forwards for the first 20-25 minutes and then when they start to tire we bring on Buhrer with his footwork to get past their forwards. 

dancingzorba link said:
not happy with robinson and harrison being left out

If Glenn and King are fit they should be in the side IMO so no dramas there. If Gifty is still a little bit of a worry and I say he would be with an 18th player being named, then I think Gifty should rest and we can play Robinson

You cant play the young blokes week in week out, they wont last. Especially in the forwards.

Happy with that side. Joe had a blinder last week, he was one of our best.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=187040.msg326220#msg326220 date=1300770998]

The knights have a huge pack so we start with Joe to contain their forwards for the first 20-25 minutes and then when they start to tire we bring on Buhrer with his footwork to get past their forwards. 
[/quote]

yeah very fair point, I didn't really think of it that way.

For mine Glenn Stewart is always a starter. He adds a lot to the right side attack and is a solid defender. He copped some flack for not playing well last year but in comparrison to most 2nd rowers in the comp, his bad is still a passable game, its just we have come to expect so much.

Captain of the Gate link said:
I don't understand how Galuvao gets a starting spot over Buhrer who was one of the best performers in both games. I also thought Harrison was outstanding off the bench last week and would have gotten the nod over Galuvao too.

It's all opinion Captain. I thought Joe was excellent on Sunday and it was he and Foran who lead the way in the 2nd half. Joe bent the line every time he ran the ball. I thought Harrison was solid but would not use the word "outstanding".

The Knights pack is big and as others have said Joe is a grunt player who goes forward.  If anyone was entitled to feel lucky, it's Princess. 

dancingzorba link said:
not happy with robinson and harrison being left out

These blokes have had a taste of fg and they'll get more chances but have to be developed slowly as they did with Buhrer although circumstances made it hard for Buhrer's debut. But they did the right thing and look how well he's playing.

Harrison and Robinson are not in this weeks team but i can assure you their
last performance would be in the back of the mind of every foward that will be playing against the knights this sunday.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights
Sunday 27 March 2011, kickoff 12:45pm; Brookvale Oval
Referee: Matt Noyen; Touch Judges: Peter Sciberras and Matt Damaso

Sea Eagles: 1. Sione Ala 2. Mark Falaniko 3. Josh Portlock 4. Michael McDougall 5. Patrick Sipley 6. Taylor Matthews 7. Josh Drinkwater 8. Magnus Stromquist (c) 9. Ajay Vaivaka 10. Tane Rapira 11. Haami Kerr 12. Jason Annear 13. Jamie Anderson
Interchange: 14. Nathan Cooper 15. Samiuela Kei 16. Kayse Greer 17. Justin Lemalu 18. James Clout
Knights: 1. Maipele Morseau 2. Chanel Mata'utia 3. Geordie Connelly 4. Will Smith 5. Mitch Williams 6. Tyler Sullivan 7. Tyrone Roberts 8. Josh Ailaomai 9. Chad Redman 10. Korbin Sims 11. Carl Means 12. Nathan Clarke 13. Ethan Cook (C)
Interchange: 14. Matthew Herman 15. Chris Knight 16. Brendon Simpson 17. Sam Anderson 18. Kori Barber

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Saturday 26 March 2011, kickoff 6:00pm; The Crest Stadium, Bass Hill
Referee: To be confirmed

Bulldogs: 1. Trent Cutler 2. Michael Lett 3. Daniel Rauicava 4. Jonathan Wright 5. Junior Tia-Kilifi 6. Ben Roberts 7. Joel Romelo 8. Michael Hodgson 9. Rhys Jack 10. Chris Armit 11. Gary Warburton 12. Nathan Smith 13. Grant Millington
Interchange: 14. Brad Morrin 15. Heka Nanai 16. Martin Taupau 19. Harlan Alaalatoa 20. Steve Azzi
Sea Eagles: 1. Scott Blanch 2. Ben Shorter 3. Kyle Lodge 4. Dean Whare 5. Michael Oldfield 6. Liam Foran 7. Gary Riccardi (c) 8. Matt Cross 9. Liam Higgins 10. James Cunningham 11. Daniel Harrison 12. Mitch Jowett 13. Darcy Lussick
Interchange: 14. Michael Chapman 15. Joseph Hawkins 16. Ray Moujali 17. Junior Palau 18. Jai Jones-Wiegold 19. Beau Bovis

tookey link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=187040.msg326220#msg326220 date=1300770998]

[/quote]

I agree.  Gualavo is needed for the early exchanges.  If Glenny returns to his old form and plays with some grunt instead of going a little too sideways than we could start with Buhrer but not at the moment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6