ratings, and the spirit of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rate my post as troll, ironstine, agree, clever... what the hey, I don't really give a damn!
The point is, the ratings system is in place to enhance flexibility and hopefully the fun of the site.
It is possible (logically possible) that continued negative ratings of a poster could be construed as stalking, or harassment.
It is also possible that persons (especially adults, for whom the site is designed) have enough gumption, wherewithal, resilience, self esteem, and common sense not to worry about whatever crackpot ratings their posts attract from time to time.
So a humble suggestion - consider the spirit of the game when participating in these forums, and also consider, while it is not a contact sport, it is a tough environment where we give as good as we get.
This post is not aimed at anyone in particular (but you know who you are!)
When patience is tested, results can be unpredictable and heavy-handed!!
OK, back to enjoying the off-season, so long Buhrer, you loser. (joke)

I think some users take the post ratings far too seriously. It was like the old "smite" days, gee some people would get worked up over that too.

Here's your chance @SeaEagleRock8

yeah I find it really odd how personally people take it. May be best for me to remove too many of the negative post ratings.

The idea is really that you can just agree, without typing a post, therefore theoretically increasing participation in a thread and making it easy for everyone to do so.

The troll rating exists to help us weed out actual trolls, i.e. if one post by an obvious troll receives x amount of troll ratings we are alerted and the person can be banned, however it gets rather odd at times and people use it as a kind of school yard fruit fight

Rate my post as troll, ironstine, agree, clever... what the hey, I don't really give a damn!
The point is, the ratings system is in place to enhance flexibility and hopefully the fun of the site.
It is possible (logically possible) that continued negative ratings of a poster could be construed as stalking, or harassment.
It is also possible that persons (especially adults, for whom the site is designed) have enough gumption, wherewithal, resilience, self esteem, and common sense not to worry about whatever crackpot ratings their posts attract from time to time.
So a humble suggestion - consider the spirit of the game when participating in these forums, and also consider, while it is not a contact sport, it is a tough environment where we give as good as we get.
This post is not aimed at anyone in particular (but you know who you are!)
When patience is tested, results can be unpredictable and heavy-handed!!
OK, back to enjoying the off-season, so long Buhrer, you loser. (joke)
What about a you choose system.
So SeaEagleRock8 choose a rating you think your running short of and I'll top it up.
But I don't do trolls and dummy spits....

C & C I'm gonna get you sucker!!
newcomers to this thread won't understand this comment, but may I draw your attention to the 'undo rating' button, a masterful invention ;)

giphy.gif

In the spirit of Silvertails game posters can play like Jamie Lyon or the likes Michael Ennis and Andrew Fafita.

What about a you choose system.
So SeaEagleRock8 choose a rating you think your running short of and I'll top it up.
But I don't do trolls and dummy spits....
You deserve a troll rating for "Harvies elbow" seriously how many John Harvey's have we had, and if you double that for the number of elbows, ... aw, forget it.

You deserve a troll rating for "Harvies elbow" seriously how many John Harvey's have we had, and if you double that for the number of elbows, ... aw, forget it.
To be honest I don't know how many but I'll trawl through the threads and posts and find out.......
Nah f*ck it....
At a guess I'll say 6.

yeah I find it really odd how personally people take it. May be best for me to remove too many of the negative post ratings.

The idea is really that you can just agree, without typing a post, therefore theoretically increasing participation in a thread and making it easy for everyone to do so.

The troll rating exists to help us weed out actual trolls, i.e. if one post by an obvious troll receives x amount of troll ratings we are alerted and the person can be banned, however it gets rather odd at times and people use it as a kind of school yard fruit fight

Nothing wrong with the troll rating, I use it for trolls.

But one user, uses it for everyone and does nothing else other than issue troll ratings.

To me that's far from the spirit in which must of us participate in this forum.

If I was an admin they'd be arseholed immediately, they offer ZERO to this forum!

Sorry if you and others disagree

The substance of a poster is not what ratings they give but what they actually write.
For me anyhow.

Ive disagreed with many different posters on some topics and sided with them on the next post. No harm no foul.

Like all things in life...there are things (like your loved ones or health) to take seriously and things to not take seriously...like the ratings you receive on a forum

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6