Ranking the worst buys in NRL history - FOZ ROBBED!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Totally agree, Bulldogs fans would be so frustrated that he is still taking up so much of their cap on the sideline. Kind of like Choc at Parra lol. Also I completely forgot he went to the Warriors wtf!

I put this on twitter just before about Foz - I wonder what we/he would have been like if he had never left Manly? A lot said the way he plays it was inevitable for him to end up with injuries such as these, which I agree with. But if he had stayed at Manly from 2016 onwards, would we have won another premiership between 2011 and now? More importantly, if Des had never left, I wonder the same question!

Ah well, let's hope we're back on track for another 10+ years finals dynasty with a lot of success along the way!

But if he had stayed at Manly from 2016 onwards, would we have won another premiership between 2011 and now?

Foz, along with Gifty, Snake, Watmouth and Killer were at or nearing Des's contract back-ending sell by date and would not have been here much longer anyways. It is the way back-ending works. We may have won other P'ships with Des if he had stayed but it would have had to be done with a bunch of newly-minted and cheaper talent.

l_1978%20scanlens%20card%20201501220102.jpg

Totally agree, Bulldogs fans would be so frustrated that he is still taking up so much of their cap on the sideline. Kind of like Choc at Parra lol. Also I completely forgot he went to the Warriors wtf!

I put this on twitter just before about Foz - I wonder what we/he would have been like if he had never left Manly? A lot said the way he plays it was inevitable for him to end up with injuries such as these, which I agree with. But if he had stayed at Manly from 2016 onwards, would we have won another premiership between 2011 and now? More importantly, if Des had never left, I wonder the same question!

Ah well, let's hope we're back on track for another 10+ years finals dynasty with a lot of success along the way!

I think we would’ve got 2013 for sure if Des was still coach. No criticism of Tooves, but Des had the experience which would’ve given us an edge we didn’t have to beat the Chooks and Shayne Hayne.

I think we would’ve got 2013 for sure if Des was still coach. No criticism of Tooves, but Des had the experience which would’ve given us an edge we didn’t have to beat the Chooks and Shayne Hayne.
We lost that year because we ran out of props in the final quarter -- a few forwards injured that year really cost us - Joe Galuvao, Jason King and Richie Fasao. I still remember us being pinned in our own quarter and not able to get out. Des may have made a difference, but crucial injuries probably cost us more.

Next I'd like to a see a list of worst coaches in NRL history ........ TB would have to be on that one!

Graham Lowe's raid on NZ rugby captured two fullbacks. Matthew Ridge and Jorgen Rogers.

Jorgen Rogers. 1 game. Fullback in Rd 1 1994. Ridge wore #1 but played 5/8th. Watch this great fullback cover tackle (not) at the start of the game. Other Dogs tries come as Manly has no fullback! Gone missing!

at least we were not guilty of buying any of them
If you mean Storm players who failed to prosper at other clubs, that's true.
The players we did sign from Storm have generally done at least as well when they came here, if not better. Ox won the Dally M as a Manly player, Steve Bell was excellent, Matt Cross was just as good as was Blake Green.
Nate Myles springs to mind as one of our worst signings. As a current Origin player we had expectations. Probably not his fault but he simply wasn't able to produce the goods.

Belly ache has bought a few himself ... love Georgie Rose but he hardly set Melb alight ... and that big ex Bulldog Kasiano or whatever ... also hardly a good buy ....

I remember the Crushers had a UK import by the name of Saintjohn (pronounced "Singe On") Ellis.

Anyone else remember him?

I cant recall if he was good or bad, just that I'd never before (nor since) encountered that first name.

EDIT: Wow, I just googled him & he died in 2005 at age 41!

I remember the Crushers had a UK import by the name of Saintjohn (pronounced "Singe On") Ellis.

Anyone else remember him?

I cant recall if he was good or bad, just that I'd never before (nor since) encountered that first name.

EDIT: Wow, I just googled him & he died in 2005 at age 41!

St. John Ellis (3 October 1964 – 31 December 2005), also known by the nickname of "Singe", was an English professional rugby league footballer who played in the 1980, 1990s and 2000s, and coached in the 1990s and 2000s. He played at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for York, the Castleford Tigers (Heritage №), the Bradford Bulls (Heritage №), the South Queensland Crushers (Heritage № 2), Halifax (Heritage № 1088), the Keighley Cougars, Hunslet and the Doncaster Dragons (Heritage № 797),[1][2][4] as a fullback, wing or centre, and coached at club level for Doncaster Dragons.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6