Raiders 2017 - The biggest pack in history?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Forward pack that is. Not a pack of ****s. Although.....lol

RICKY Stuart could command a Green Machine engine room next season that packs more pounds per man than any other in rugby league history.

Having handed former Maroons man mountain Dave Taylor a train-and-trial contract for the pre-season, the Raiders’ monster pack could clock in at an average of 108.1 kilos across its forward rotation if Taylor makes the grade.

That would tip them over Des Hasler’s massive Bulldogs contingent of 2013, when his hulking big men were dubbed the biggest the game had seen at an average of 106.3 kilos.

Read more...http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...79f879795e28f1eb6ee134021a872?from=public_rss

Souths were huge right across the park the year they won the comp, but so far the giant Dogs teams and the Raiders haven't taken the top prize. Nevertheless, it is a truism in rugby league going back as far as I can recall - a good big man will always beat a good little man. (With a few notable exceptions that prove the rule, thank you Tooves).

Yep, and that worked well for both teams until the finals where they were caught out by teams with smaller more mobile forwards.

7331_gr_Big-Is-Beautiful.jpg

Asofa-Solomona would have stopped him but he was unavailable so they had to use midgets like Bromwich and McLean.
Every picture tells a story and the 116 kg Big Fifita steam rolled his way over Munster 89kg , Smith 90 kg and Welsh 105kg and over the try line

Something we lack!!

Somebody on here has " Props win Grand Finals" in their Moniker, and have to agree.

We need a big angry one and whilst Darcy was great this year he doesn't exactly strike fear in the opposition!!

Something we lack!!

Somebody on here has " Props win Grand Finals" in their Moniker, and have to agree.

We need a big angry one and whilst Darcy was great this year he doesn't exactly strike fear in the opposition!!
OK this one we agree on. Maybe we have one ready to break on through in 2017, and we do need it. Maybe Meehan, who knows?

The mobile smaller forwards could not stop the Fifita grand final winning try .

The two specific teams I was talking about was the dogs and the raiders where they had mostly big blokes in there pack, sure you needs some big blokes up front but you also need the smaller more mobile forwards as well.

The two specific teams I was talking about was the dogs and the raiders where they had mostly big blokes in there pack, sure you needs some big blokes up front but you also need the smaller more mobile forwards as well.
I understand what you are saying but IMO the big man do the damage .This is why they say which ever teams pack dominates most of the time wins the game

It's amazing to think that blokes like Terry Randall and Mal Reilly wouldn't have tipped the scales at any more than 100kgs.

Something we lack!!

Gallen recently said he'd love to fight SBW in the ring, but the one league player he wouldn't fight would be Willis Meehan. If he transfers that fear mongering to the NRL then happy days.

Its not like we are far behind

AFB 118
Meehan 130 (although that will come down no doubt)
Kapow 112
Lussick 114
Jake 108
Myles 106
Parcell/Api 95
Hoppa? Bigger than Will @ 97

Its not like we are far behind

AFB 118
Meehan 130 (although that will come down no doubt)
Kapow 112
Lussick 114
Jake 108
Myles 106
Parcell/Api 95
Hoppa? Bigger than Will @ 97
Don't forget Shaun Lane 115

Taylor is a has-been and won't significantly alter the Raiders play, imo. I just can't see him being on the field long enough to do that, although he will obviously have some impact on some games.

It's amazing to think that blokes like Terry Randall and Mal Reilly wouldn't have tipped the scales at any more than 100kgs.
Yep, the game has certainly changed even from the late eighties e.g. Steve Folkes playing his entire career in the Dogs' second row at an intimidating 85kgs

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4