R26 MANLY NSW CUP V NEWCASTLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
Newcastle Knights Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Townson Oval, Saturday, September 7
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Ziggy Przeklasa Adamski

1. Ben Farrar
2. Dom Nasso
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Kayse Greer
5. Jackson Williams
6. Will Pearsall
7. Zac Nicholls
8. Justin Lemalu
9. Nathan Cooper
10. Ligi Sao
11. Nick Skinner
12. Ben Musolino
13. Dylan Strickland

14. Joe Napolitano
15. James Cunningham
16. Luke Bartley
17. Michael Chapman

COACH: Luke Williamson

NEWCASTLE TEAM

1. Kevin Naiqama
2. Josh Mantellato
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Siuatonga Likiliki
5. Chanel Mata’utia
6. Tyler Randell
7. Adrian Davis
30. Dylan Smith
9. Chris Adams
10. Mitchell Frei
11. Anthony Quinn
12. Korbin Sims
13. Matt Hilder

14. Chad Redman
15. Dylan Hartin
16. Brenton Horwood
18. Paterika Vaivai
21. Ben Tupou

COACH: Rick Stone

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=83494&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-twenty-six

Dane Chisholm isn't named in the NSW Cup, I don't believe.
Is he injured, preparing to leave the club because he can't crack first grade, or being kept to play on the wing, rather than T-Red?

Not sure with Chisholm either. I was going to ask him last week at the game but he didn't attend. One player told me he can't work with Willow the half-back killer.

Here are the...er...highlights of last weeks game vs Norths. Warning: the Sea Eagles defence will make you sick. But there is something to smile about at the end when Gutherson scores a good individual try http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia&vid=581754

When the defence falls apart it usually means there is no commitment from the players which is disappointing.

That's not the highlights, that's a horror movie.
The defence was shocking at times. Something is drastically wrong. Norths-Souths were treating us with contempt.

Fairy Bower said:
Not sure with Chisholm either. I was going to ask him last week at the game but he didn't attend. One player told me he can't work with Willow the half-back killer.

This needs to be looked at by the club if players are refusing to work with Willow. 1 player that's okay but 2 or 3 in a season there's something wrong with the coach.

preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=83677&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-twenty-six

Newcastle Knights Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Townson Oval, Saturday, September 7
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Ziggy Przeklasa Adamski

Summary: The Newcastle Knights will look to go through the 2013 regular season unbeaten at home when they host a Manly side that will be playing for pride on Saturday. The Knights have won all 11 of their home games thus far in 2013 including their one home fixture that was played at Leichhardt Oval for the purposes of television broadcast. In fact, the Knights have played at a host of grounds this season, also registering wins at Hunter Stadium, Newcastle No.2 Sports Ground, Cessnock Sports Ground and Harker Oval. This weekend’s game at Townson Oval will technically be their sixth different home venue in 2013, adding even more credence to their excellent home record. The Knights have lost both Rodney Mason and Toka Likiliki to suspension for this clash but have otherwise named a very strong squad while Manly have continued to blood many young players and they will be hopeful of reaping the benefits of this in the seasons to come.

Talking Point: 54 is the magic number – If you go back and look at our previews for Round 24, we highlighted Manly’s tough run home and posed the question as to whether they could find the necessary motivation to lift when their season was over in terms of having any chance of making the finals. Well in the ensuing rounds since, they lost to the first placed Sharks 54-0 and the third placed Bears 60-6. This weekend they travel north to Townson Oval, Merewether to face the second placed Knights and it would appear that 54 is the magic number. Over to you Newcastle.

Prediction: Anything other than a comfortable Knights win would come as a shock. Knights by 24.

Heard the boys are getting on the drink after the game with Hoppa inviting them down to the Trademark Hotel tonight. Hope we don't read about it in the papers tomoz. Drown their sorrows after a season that promised so much with lots of new players on board but unfortunately rarely delivered.
Knights by 30.

Will be a big night with Hoppa and most of them will be gone next year anyway. Just keep Jake and Gutherson away and let the rest go for it. Not a lot to celebrate unfortunately.

And to be fair, terrible shame for Ben Farrar to finish his career playing at this level with little committment. Ben deserves better. Why he played him at fullback is hard to fathom.

What's wrong with my comments Napper? Do you think the club will re-sign the current team enmass? Jake and Gutherson will have great careers with us and what's wrong with looking after these two. I also mentioned a shame for Ben to cop these floggings at the end of his career with us.

We lost 56-10. We should be performing much better than these scores suggest. Despite some sugar-coating from the club today about this teams results http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/NSW-Cup-Preview-Rd26-v-Knights/83903 the club should undertake a review of the coaching performance of the coach Luke Wiliamson who lost the dressing room months ago.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
@"Fairy Bower" - Gutherson not named, is he injured?
[/quote)

Gutherson and Trbojevic will be playing first grade apparently as a a taste for next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8