R24 MANLY NSW CUP V CRONULLA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
Good to see Ligi back on deck after his suspension but I'm absolutely baffled by the selection of Dane Chisholm on the bench for this game. He is the team's best player and he is needed to steer the team around the paddock particularly with young tyro Zac Nicholls at 7 and forward Kayse Greer at 6. We have already lost one half back who sought an early release because of dissatisfaction with the coach. I don't expect Chisholm to stick with Manly either.

Cronulla Sharks Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Henson Park, Saturday, August 24
Kick-off: 1.00pm

Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Peta Hiku
4. Troy Savage
5. Jackson Williams
6. Kayse Greer
7. Zac Nicholls
8. Ligi Sao
9. Liam Higgins
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Nick Skinner
12. Ben Musolino
13. Dylan Strickand

14. Dane Chisolm
15. Nathan Cooper
16. Justin Lemalu
17. James Cunningham

COACH: Luke Williamson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=82256&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-twenty-four

Cronulla team

1. Nathan Gardner
2. Nathan Stapleton
3. Kirisome Auva’a
4. Stewart Mills
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Tony Gigot
7. Chad Townsend
8. Siosaia Vave
9. Pat Politoni
10. Dayne Weston
11. Tim Robinson
12. Junior Moors
13. Tyrone Peachey

14. Junior Roqica
15. Michael Lichaa
16. Penani Manumalealii
17. Rodney Coates
19. David Fifita
22. Daniel Moroko

COACH: Tony Herman

Re Chisholm; the one possible reason for putting him on the bench is because Manly knows he will be looking to move to a new club. We really haven't shown any faith in him as an NRL player. When DCE was on SOO duty we didn't promote him, preferring a stopgap .. and we lost the match.
I hope, if he leaves, that he does get a chance to play first grade football because he has a lot to offer.

I do not think Chisholm would be a great loss. Yes he does look pretty good in Premier League but so do many others who never made it in the NRL. He has also been to 2 other clubs with little NRL time, maybe he is just not quite good enough.

Garts said:
I do not think Chisholm would be a great loss. Yes he does look pretty good in Premier League but so do many others who never made it in the NRL. He has also been to 2 other clubs with little NRL time, maybe he is just not quite good enough.

Yep, I agree.
One first grade game - on the wing - in how many years with a few clubs.
Some guys are just ressies and thats it.
He looks okay in attack but defensively isn't there.

The Who said:
Re Chisholm; the one possible reason for putting him on the bench is because Manly knows he will be looking to move to a new club. We really haven't shown any faith in him as an NRL player. When DCE was on SOO duty we didn't promote him, preferring a stopgap .. and we lost the match.
I hope, if he leaves, that he does get a chance to play first grade football because he has a lot to offer.

That game you're referring too wad against the cowgirls. We actually won that game fairly convincingly

Chisolm is on the bench to add some thrust, hoping defensively they can halt a Sharks attacking outfit thats been scoring tries for fun this season.
He is there for the same reason he has not been playing NRL, his defence comes up short & against possably the best offensive team in the NSW Cup, has more value as an impact player when the game slows down allowing him to use his best attribute, which is his attack.

jimmyb713 said:
The Who said:

That game you're referring too wad against the cowgirls. We actually won that game fairly convincingly

I thought it was against Easts, but I stand corrected

@Fairy Bower

Not sure if it has been said often but it is great to have your input on here each week on the NSW Cup side. I look out for it each week and it is good to get some insights from somebody who is watching them week to week and feel a bit more connected to what is going on with the team

Thanx mate

Kiwi Eagle said:
@Fairy Bower

Not sure if it has been said often but it is great to have your input on here each week on the NSW Cup side. I look out for it each week and it is good to get some insights from somebody who is watching them week to week and feel a bit more connected to what is going on with the team

Thanx mate
It has been said often Kiwi and i am sure all of us appreciate FB's great work

Thank you FB....again

Where's Trbojevic? He's not listed in NSW Cup or U20s and no mention of him on injury list

I think part of the reason he hasnt played 1st grade is the second tier contract and Manly cant afford to use any other players other than the top 25 players.

The Who said:

We WON that match actually, but I do agree with your point.

We're going to get slaughtered this week in a very major way. Would really like Manly to focus more effort on improving this side next year, our reserves have been crap for too long. Might also help to get Williamson out of coaching, he clearly isn't good enough and 2 players leaving because of disagreements with him is a disgrace at a club like ours.

hairylittlehobbit said:
Zach is young, 18 playing in NSW Cup seems a bit odd?

Zach is a good prospect but he is struggling at this level.

NSW Cup preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=82449&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-twenty-four

Cronulla Sharks Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Henson Park, Saturday, August 24
Kick-off: 1.00pm

Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

Summary: The Sharks will be looking to bounce back here after they suffered just their third loss of 2013 when they were knocked off by the bottom placed Bulldogs at Belmore last Friday night. Ironically enough, the Sea Eagles also lost last round by the exact same score line as the Sharks, going down 28-18 at home. It will be interesting to see just what the motivation for both of these sides is as it is actually one of very few games of late that have no real bearing on the overall ‘big’ picture. The Sharks have the Minor Premiership sewn up and are simply awaiting to find out who they will play in week one of the finals while Manly look almost certain to finish in 11th, the position they currently occupy, due to an extremely tough final few rounds (see Talking Point). Nathan Stapleton comes back into the Sharks line up at the expense of Daniel Moroko while for Manly, Ligi Sao returns to the fold while Dane Chisholm heads to the bench with Kayse Greer named to start in the six jersey.

Talking Point: Horror run home – It is probably a moot point given that the Sea Eagles can no longer qualify for the finals, but what about their run home. They face the Sharks (1st) this week followed by the Bears (3rd) in Round 25 and then finish the season with a trip north to face the Knights (2nd). Hopefully Manly can still find a way to fire up for the last three weeks without the potential lure of finals, because if they can’t, things could potentially get ugly for them over the coming weeks.

Prediction: The Sharks will be hoping that last weekend was just a minor blip on the radar. Sharks by 14.

Fairy Bower's prediction: Sharks by 30

Fairy Bower said:
Willo has become a half back killer. Seage, Chisholm .......Who's next? Zach Nicholls?

The club could do worse than ask Bozo to help coach the NSW cup side, I understand that his rep/ego would take a hit if success wasn't instant but surely it would help the club long term and also help recruitment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4