R18 MANLY NSW CUP V WENTY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
Wentworthville Magpies Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Parramatta Stadium, Saturday, July 13
Kick-off: 1.10pm

Referee: Phil Haines
Broadcast: LIVE on Fox Sports 1

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Troy Savage
5. Jackson Williams
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
8. David Gower
9. Liam Higgins
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Kayse Greer
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

15. Ben Musolino
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Michael Chee Kam
18. Jake Trbojevic
19. Justin Lemalu

COACH: Luke Williamson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=78990&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-eighteen

Chris Sandow has been dropped to Wenty and will play against us;

1. Charlie Hereketukutuku
2. Ben Fritz
3. Sam Radradra
4. Takai Moeakiola
5. Dylon Gilbert
6. Brendan Waters
7. Chris Sandow
8. Pat O’Hanlon
9. Dean Parata
10. Walter Vaeau
11. Danny Howard
12. Manu Mau
13. Joseph Paulo

Interchange:
14. Matt Hunt
15. Nathan Armit
16. Sean Jackson
17. Lorenzo Ma-afu
19. Tyrone Viiga

I hope that Wenty fullback becomes a huge star. Commentators nightmare. They will all probably just call him Charlie.

Hereketukutuku

Now thats a name. Im waiting for someone to take a pot shot at our 1st grade teams boring pack of surnames.

Charlie is still running around !!

He was a star in my local league about 7-8 years back now and went over to Australia to try his luck, was in the Cows system for a while

Wenty would have to have one of the most expensive line-ups in the history of NSW Cup, with three players in the 13 from the NRL team that played on Monday night.

NSW Cup preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=79063&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-eighteen

All the talk is on Chris Sandow.

Wentworthville Magpies Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Parramatta Stadium, Saturday, July 13
Kick-off: 1.10pm
Referee: Phil Haines
Broadcast: LIVE on Fox Sports 1

Summary: Two sides square off here that both currently occupy positions outside of the top eight yet would both still hold finals aspirations as we head into the concluding eight rounds. Wenty sit in ninth place on the ladder and look locked in a battle with the likes of Mounties, Illawarra and Manly for the final spot in the eight. The formula is quite simple for the Sea Eagles, they need to keep winning. The reality is that the team that ultimately finishes the season in eighth place will likely have an overall losing record, however as the Jets showed us last season, once you make the eight, anything is possible. Wenty looked like chalking up only their second win in their last six starts against the Jets last round only for a late Henare Wells try to scuttle that. Manly came from 14 points down early on against the Cutters to register a much need win at WIN Jubilee. Wenty will have the services of Chris Sandow, Joseph Paulo and Pat O’Hanlon for this crucial match while Manly will be without two of their stars in Ligi Sao and Peta Hiku who will both play in the top grade this weekend.

Talking Point: Sandown on his luck – Not for the first time since he joined the Parramatta Eels, Chris Sandow has found himself running out for the Wentworthville Magpies in a bid to convince Ricky Stuart that he is still the man to lead Parra into the next phase of the clubs resurgence. The new laws surrounding the shoulder charge appear to have blunted the halfbacks effectiveness in the defensive line and surely the hierarchy at the Eels will be looking for Sandow to rip and tear this Saturday in a bid to earn a recall to the top grade.

Prediction: Going with the home side but it won’t be all one way traffic. Magpies by 10.

Okay I've now seen the worst anti Manly penalty in the history of penalties. Manly plays the ball and Gutherson is standing next to the 2 Manly players who are in the play the ball. We then go upfield and Gutherson backs up a ball runner and gets penalised for being in front of the play the ball and supposedly isnt allowed to participate in the play.

The calls in that 2nd half were outstanding, Gower summed it up nicely after he was lifted and slammed into the ground and before playing the ball just looked at the ref smiling and shaking his head. Didn't see a replay of the offside try so not sure how accurate that call was

Didn't play too badly considering the amount of troops they are down

Wentworthville 20 - 10. Manly had a lot of ball and opportunities but just poor options as well as some questionable refereeing. Gower was the best forward not much to like about the rest. Lawton added some spark when he came on but was only brief. The halves kicking game was awful. Really need a change of coach we look like no idea in attack most of the time.

Edwards used to play for us in the 20s years ago I'm sure, a massive hothead with some attitude issues but was always a talent

Chee- Kam certainly not ready for first grade yet. Some good runs but needs more involvement. Reminds me a bit of an Iro/T Rex type player. Hopefully when he gets to first grade he'll have a Choc motor and a T Rex body.

Yes Edwards did. Originally from Keebra Park High and left us for the Dragons from memory but apparently had some issues.

Outside the young blokes who aren't physically ready for first grade(Gutherson,Jake,Nicholls,Chee Kam)and who shouldn't really be judged either way we have little in regards to future first graders.

Jesse and Gower are reasonable fringe first graders but the rest of the guys simply are not up to NRL level.The hookers are very ordinary,Higgins in particular,and the remaining forwards are just pedestrian at best.The outside backs are frankly woeful.Chislolm has never really grabbed me in the games I have seen.

I have only seen 3 games this year but the standard is well below the Q Cup which I see weekly.That U20 comp needs to be given the boot ASAP.The link to first grade is being hindered and it is getting worse each year.

All in all our recruitment guys need to get to work quickly as Im sure they will.They have been outstanding in recent years.

The Who said:
How did Chisholm play? Is he up to NRL standard?
What about Nicholls? Are the wraps justified?

Chisholm was extremely quiet, against the Vulcans when I saw him he looked very sharp, was playing fullback though. Today in the halves didn't show a lot at all

Nicholls looked like a young fella playing against older guys. Ref let them away with a bit of manhandling on him but he kept getting up, his kicking game was fairly average though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6