R16 MANLY NSW CUP V WINDSOR

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
A few of the boys back this week.

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Windsor Wolves
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, June 29
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Hawkesbury Radio 89.9FM (Link available via www.hawkesburyradio.com.au or on the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Troy Savage
5. Jackson Williams
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
19. Justin Lemalu
9. Liam Higgins
10. Ligi Sao
11. Kayse Greer
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

15. Ben Musolino
16. James Cunningham
17. Michael Chee Kam
18. Jesse Sene-Lefao

COACH: Luke Williamson
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=77672&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-sixteen

WINDSOR WOLVES TEAM
1. KIERAN MOSS
2. TRAVIS ROBINSON
3. GEORGE JENNINGS
4. GEOFF DANIELA
5. ETO NABULI
6. LUKE CAPWELL
7. LIAM AYOUB
8. SAM ANDERSON
9. DANIEL FOSTER
10. JEREMY LATIMORE
11. BRYCE CARTWRIGHT
12. ANTHONY CHERRINGTON
13. RYAN SIMPKINS
15. VAIPUNA TIA KILIFI
16. JOSH BUTFIELD
17. ISZAH YEO
18. NEECROM AREAIITI

COACH: Garth Brennan

Good to see young Chee-Kam in the reserves list at last. Now for the claw back to recognition.

You can tell the Windsor team will be fired up by their team list (does someone need to explain to them how to turn the CAPS LOCK OFF?)

I guess that means we will know on sat if Brett is playing Monday or not. Because you would expect hiku to play against Windsor if Brett's playin nrl

CAMBO said:
I guess that means we will know on sat if Brett is playing Monday or not. Because you would expect hiku to play against Windsor if Brett's playin nrl

Not necessarily a hairy winger could find his way into this game against Windsor with Hiku onto the wing.

If anyone heads to the game let us know how the Wolves #5 goes, pretty sure he is the bloke Fittler and Johns found at a hotel in Fiji

NSW Preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=78023&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-sixteen

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Windsor Wolves
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, June 29
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Hawkesbury Radio 89.9FM (Link available via www.hawkesburyradio.com.au or on the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

Summary: This column called for the shift of Manly player Dane Chisholm from fullback to five-eighth and that is exactly what happened last weekend. With the inclusion of NSW U20’s fullback Clinton Gutherson, Chisholm moved into the six jersey and it was the best the Manly side has looked all year. Despite playing in torrential rain, Manly completed set after set and outshone the Bulldogs in every facet of the game. Williamson has stuck with the same spine for this match so we will be interested to see how they go against one of the form teams in the competition, the Windsor Wolves. The Wolves will be out to revenge following their 22-20 Round Seven loss at the Windsor Sports Complex. Panthers winger Travis Robinson has been named on the wing for the Wolves after an outstanding stint in the NRL for Ivan Cleary. His sturdiness under the high ball and classy finishing will be exactly what Garth Brennan needs. Robinson’s inclusion also pushes George Jennings into his more preferred centre position where he will partner experienced operator, Geoff Daniela.

Talking Point: Murky waters – Plenty of people looking at the VB NSW Cup ladder will have written the Sea Eagles off already but this is unwise. Luke Williamson’s men sit 11th on the VB NSW Cup table but more importantly, they are only two points out of the top-eight. Once the Origin period is over and team selections settle down somewhat, the Eagles can make a real run at the finals.

Prediction: The Sea Eagles will put up a good fight but the class of Windsor’s outside backs should reign supreme. Wolves by 10.

Gutherson getting a go at this level is the interesting selection. As I've said in numerous threads, development is the goal at these levels. Gutherson not playing 20s hurts our chances of a win in that grade, and it might take him some time to find his feet at this level so it might hurt this team, but if it helps make him a better player and in the transition to first grade then thats the mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

Reni Matua pretty much said the same thing on the game plan in reference to parra saying when he came through you played reggies if you were getting prepped for first grade but now days some of the kids are jumping from 20's to the NRL (at parra) and struggling but would be better for it in the long run.

Looks like we are still going the old method as we have a competitive team which is fair enough both ways

Fluffy said:
Reni Matua pretty much said the same thing on the game plan in reference to parra saying when he came through you played reggies if you were getting prepped for first grade but now days some of the kids are jumping from 20's to the NRL (at parra) and struggling but would be better for it in the long run.

Looks like we are still going the old method as we have a competitive team which is fair enough both ways

A few Panther U20's in the Wolves line up, a lot of teams with the more successful teams have started to put the better players into 20's.

Masked Eagle said:
Gutherson getting a go at this level is the interesting selection. As I've said in numerous threads, development is the goal at these levels. Gutherson not playing 20s hurts our chances of a win in that grade, and it might take him some time to find his feet at this level so it might hurt this team, but if it helps make him a better player and in the transition to first grade then thats the mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Maybe they should be bringing Trbojevic up to NSW Cup as well. He's a standout in the 20s.

Bearfax said:
Masked Eagle said:

Agreed. Maybe they should be bringing Trbojevic up to NSW Cup as well. He's a standout in the 20s.

Noticed the player that played in the U18s Origin the other night has been elevated into the 20's team

eagles2win said:
Bearfax said:
Masked Eagle said:

Noticed the player that played in the U18s Origin the other night has been elevated into the 20's team

and who, Eagle 2win would that be and are you referring to a Manly junior

Hawkesbury Radio is broadcasting the game if anyone wants to listen to it

Chisolm very involved so far. 6-6

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8