Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually I forgot Burton, he was the best centre last year I think. He is better than I thought he was. Dogs might just have hit the jackpot with that one.
Problem for Dogs is they will be playing Burton at 5/8 - he wont have the space he had at Riff. Anyway he is an upgrade on the blogs they had on the halves for last couple of years,

PS Trent will likely totally guck up his game

Will Koula come on at Centre or FB I wonder? Could be our potential Suli replacement right there if we still sticking with Garrick as cover for Turbs, and might even leapfrog Tuipulotu (btw gonna call him T7u from here as its easier to write - represents T-7letters-u)

Looking forward to seeing his pace sure, but i'll be more satisfied if he shows greater Def backline reads/awareness and shows us he has a footy brain. Would bode well for any FB experiments too - Turbs is such a good reader of the play in D and organises the line so well, that is what we miss when he's out as much as his blitzkreig attack.

I recall the Tigers Trial game last year, and watching poor Suli get caught out again and again. That game convinced me that Suli has massive downside, despite his potent attacking glimpses.

T7u was also caught out a few times as the wing outside Suli, and that little Tigers fullback (Daine Laurie) tore us apart. However I can forgive T7u he was new, Suli a 'first grader'.

Actually, that solo try by Staggs was the 'try of the year' in 2020. He only played a couple of games in 2021 due to the recurrence of an ACL injury. Lomax & Best played some good games in 2021, but both missed much of the season due to injuries. In 2020, Crichton had an exceptional year at left centre outside Luai. In 2021 Burton usurped his position and Crichton subsequently played many games at fullback & wing. He will probably have a better season back at left centre in 2022.

According to the stats, Burton was the best centre last year with the most number of tries, try assists & line breaks and second behind Olam in tackle busts - see Centres - 2021 Statistics
Actually, when you look at the stats Souffs will miss Gagai, same try assists as Burton, less linebreaks but a massive 105 tackle breaks, he stacks up pretty even with Manu too..
Centre's have different roles with different teams, who plays inside them, who's outside them etc
Some are battering rams, some are great link men, we got through to a Prelim with some "no frills" centres doing their roles - at least Garrick and Saab would think so.

Thank you for posting that amazing article on the amazingly fast Koula

This Backline is a Dream come true
Turbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick
No rest for the wicked Manly opposition with that lot
Sea eagles backs are meant to fly !
that backline will leak points. mostly because they are missing a center?

Thank you for posting that amazing article on the amazingly fast Koula

This Backline is a Dream come true
Turbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick
No rest for the wicked Manly opposition with that lot
Sea eagles backs are meant to fly !

I'm just responding with the obvious..

451eb65e09015b0b9320cbabf4e6482d.gif

I think he will be first drop in the backline.

Ahead on Walker being shifted, Jorge and Tuipulotu
going off previous examples, he will spend a few weeks getting splinters in his arse followed by a spot on the wing before anything else

He has 2 things going for him that Hoppa didn't have.

A father called John snr

Unlike Albert with 2 knee recons, Koula has speed

They are both on the small side thou.
John yes what a menace, be honest Koula seems better suited to wing

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4