Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I imagine Koula and Saab would be hand timed the quickest. Don't forget the left hand centre we had, Craig Innes, an absolute gun.
Hey Darren - remember the Manly comeback against a Fittler led Roosters team...think Kosef chargedown and ball go's to Craig Innes 50m out....Matt Sing regarded almost the games "best" cover defender comes across at Innes, who swats him away with 1 of the best fends ever seen....great moment!

Hey Darren - remember the Manly comeback against a Fittler led Roosters team...think Kosef chargedown and ball go's to Craig Innes 50m out....Matt Sing regarded almost the games "best" cover defender comes across at Innes, who swats him away with 1 of the best fends ever seen....great moment!
Recall that Craig Innes showed one of the best dummies i ' ve seen to completely bamboozell a Rooster"s defence around the same time to score . Had some great timing apart from his all round skill and ability

That is an amazing game. I watched it recently, and I'm glad there was no bunker in those days! Two or 3 of our tries had very dodgy groundings.

How exciting were those high flying Sea eagles , Gartner , Snoz , Rowdy

Killer , Williams and Iro were not slouchers either as they had the flair to do damage and get the job done

What I liked about all those Manly players is

All those players where capable of more than just holding their own

They were capable of owning the game in their own right .
Remember when Kevin Iro was on fire, super big and fast. Pity it wasn't regular though. He had everything.

Now they are centres!! Plus Brett!!! Even Hoppa was quick then.
Sea eagle backs are meant to fly over the opposition and over the try line and win games in their own right feathered friend

Our Great Club was made great by Great players

Mediocre does does not stand for Manly but only Magnificence does

Last edited:
Remember when Kevin Iro was on fire, super big and fast. Pity it wasn't regular though. He had everything.
I remember very well feathered friend . I remember the Benchmark players of Manlys Greatness

Kevin Iro was very powerful and explosive long striding missile that damaged defensive line

Yes, a tad underrated, I just remember that head gear he wore and running rampant out wide. Made every tackle. Just pure class and as mentioned, dual international, reminded me of M.O'Connor, just pure class.
M. O'Connor was outstanding and another of our stand out Centres that made us stand out from the rest of the teams.

Sea eagles backs were meant to soar above the rest and make Manly the Best !

1641781635080.png

After being spoiled with premiership winning strike backs

Anything less underwhelms our Legendary clubs High standards and expectations

A quote from Norman Vincent Peale

EXPECT THE BEST AND GET IT !!!

And that is what Great clubs do

Elsegood was probably 2-3 metres faster than Garrick.

However, Turbo would leave Ridge in his wake.....
Garrick in 2020 was not as quick as 2021 Garrick, he was an absolute flyer! Probably due to an increase in strength and conditioning aswell as some fine tuning of his running style. Has there ever been a quicker back 3 than Saab, Garrick Turbo? Imagine throwing in Koula!

Garrick in 2020 was not as quick as 2021 Garrick, he was an absolute flyer! Probably due to an increase in strength and conditioning aswell as some fine tuning of his running style. Has there ever been a quicker back 3 than Saab, Garrick Turbo? Imagine throwing in Koula!
But we still have to tackle - and there is a lot of improvement needed in that department !!!

If you ever talk most under rated Manly players - in my time watching the Seaeagles, Craig Innes is up near the top...maybe on top.
I wouldn't say Innes was underrated at all, certainly not by Manly fans. I've heard many list him as a favourite.

Most underrated Manly player? Good topic for a poll.
Luke Williamson? He's underrated because many Manly fans didn't rate him at all! But I thought he had some toughness, had some skill (even kicked some goals), bit unlucky to miss out playing in a grand final for us, and helped in the rebuild of Manly's winning culture.

Garrick, he was an absolute flyer!
I agree. Garrick was very fast last year. Taking that into account, I think Elsegood still may have had a bit more natural speed. Garrick's all round game improved last year, esp. his attack, beating defenders with swerve when running at pace. Overall, he is s very reliable player making the most of his try scoring opportunities.

I imagine Koula and Saab would be hand timed the quickest. Don't forget the left hand centre we had, Craig Innes, an absolute gun.

No way was Innes that fast, not even close. Yes he was certainly a gun centre once he worked out the differences between centre in union and centre in league, but skill was his main advantage, not his speed.

If you look at the footage of Martin Offiah scoring a length of the field try at Wembley in the 1994 Challenge Cup Final (Wigan vs Leeds), Innes was one of the Leeds players chasing him. Craig didn't get anywhere near Offiah, who wasn't even as quick as he was 3-4 years previously and its probable that both Saab and Koula are quicker now than Offiah was at his peak.

But we still have to tackle - and there is a lot of improvement needed in that department !!!
You are right . There is a lot of improvement that is needed to do better in 2022
Both defence and attack

With out Tommy in our Tank. We never had many match winning points

No way was Innes that fast, not even close. Yes he was certainly a gun centre once he worked out the differences between centre in union and centre in league, but skill was his main advantage, not his speed.

If you look at the footage of Martin Offiah scoring a length of the field try at Wembley in the 1994 Challenge Cup Final (Wigan vs Leeds), Innes was one of the Leeds players chasing him. Craig didn't get anywhere near Offiah, who wasn't even as quick as he was 3-4 years previously and its probable that both Saab and Koula are quicker now than Offiah was at his peak.
Hi mate, I think I typed it wrong. I was a big fan but didn't mean he was a flyer, you are absolutely correct. Just knew where to run with lines etc and freakish at times with his ability to perform.

@;)I wouldn't say Innes was underrated at all, certainly not by Manly fans. I've heard many list him as a favourite.

Most underrated Manly player? Good topic for a poll.
Luke Williamson? He's underrated because many Manly fans didn't rate him at all! But I thought he had some toughness, had some skill (even kicked some goals), bit unlucky to miss out playing in a grand final for us, and helped in the rebuild of Manly's winning culture.
Definitely not by us fans SER8....nor by his team mates....but when ppl talk up illustrious names of Star Manly players, he would probably not get a mention....that's more what I meant there. @;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4