Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Happy new year to you Al and to all the other Silvertails on here. I enjoy all the posts so keep them coming. I understand Des has been training young Kao Weekes in that FB spot. No slouch in the speed department so will be interesting to see what personality this kid brings to the team and especially in that FB role.

My only question is will Des actually play him there? Not known for taking gambles with young potential superstars......as we know, Des more comfortable with older more established players. However those closer to him should remind the old boy that the rules have now significantly changed and have opened up the opportunities for these younger potential superstars to play NRL much earlier than the past. Also they are protected species by the refs and the media. If the defence looks at them the wrong way, it 10 minutes in the bin and a penalty against. Never been a better opportunity to introduce younger players with no experience into NRL!!!
likewise to you and all Silvertails [ New Years greetings ] interesting news on Kao but really should be given every opportunity at this stage to show his wares and further develop his game . Looked quite comfortable there at Black Town with some limited opportunities , seems keen and has obvious ability . .Pretty tough gig playing at the back at N R L level , the top liners make it look a bit easier but heaps of pressure and tough role but looks like he will be given the opportunity to have a crack there at training and no doubt in the trials for Manly and great if he can handle the role well and show his best ability

Koula's record breaking AAGPS Athletics Carnival Open Championship 100m run at Sydney Olympic Park in 2019

Damn this kid has wheels.

Thanks for sharing @HoldenV8

100 metres out from our opposition try like and Koula sees an opening and goes straight through it and explodes to the try line and it is all over red rover . Manly Try , Try , Try !!!

These incredible dynamic record breaking speed demons are opposition ball breakers and game breakers form any where on the filed and at anytime in the game .
Sea eagles backs were indeed meant to fly

We are not known to be sitting Ducks
We are the unreachable Manly high flying Sea eagles

1641096213651.png

Speed is essential. We have real speed out wide at long last with both Garrick and Saab and we just need demon speed in the centres. I hope Koula gets a shot this year.
Speed is essential indeed feathered friend

It is a ruthless world out there on and off the footy field

And it is all about the survival of the fittest and fastest

A Slow Duck is about to be consumed by the faster and more lethal Eagle

SLOW IS A LIABILITY

1641096920220.png

Harsh oblique Parker reference bozo
Harsh Perspective ....

What I find Harsh is our Legendary club not living up to its standards as the Greatest club of all

My reference is about slow is not the way to soar above the best in the NRL and into another Manly Premiership

The ruthless Arko got our first premiership when we went out and sourced the fastest and the strongest

We need to have the best in our squad to be the best in the comp

1639706337179.png

Truly, if Koula comes good, imagine the speed we have on the paddock!! I've been a supporter since 1980 or so and I can't remember so much pace. Tom, Saab, Koula and Garrick. Our centres are too slow and we need a strike weapon on one of them at least to win the comp. Defences know they can slide comfortably and Brad and Morgan won't run around them. Imagine the panic with Koula and him in space. Defemces would have to be spread a bit wider to make sure Koula doesn't get on their outside. Don't forget Steve Renouf and Jennings etc. Jimmy the Jet always caused stress just because of what h could do to you.
Great to see supporters expressing our high Manly standards as you @Darren

And it is our Manly high standards that made our Legendary club as the most envied club

Speed kills and the fastest you go the bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind .

Speed Thrills and Slow sucks !

Slow is a liability in defence and attack ......You cannot stop what you cannot catch

Thanks for sharing @HoldenV8

100 metres out from our opposition try like and Koula sees an opening and goes straight through it and explodes to the try line and it is all over red rover . Manly Try , Try , Try !!!

These incredible dynamic record breaking speed demons are opposition ball breakers and game breakers form any where on the filed and at anytime in the game .
Sea eagles backs were indeed meant to fly

We are not known to be sitting Ducks
We are the unreachable Manly high flying Sea eagles

View attachment 19957

After years of having slower than a wet week wingers like Matthew Wright and yes, even Jorge Taufua, its nice to finally have outside backs who can not only match it with the best of them, but are arguably faster to boot (Matty and Jorge were good players, but speed wise they couldn't catch a cold let alone an opposition winger. Jorge got run down by a front rower once for crying out loud). Saab, Turbo, Garrick and Koula have speed to burn.

Old commentators like The Moose would have said that they have "a ton of pace". Rex would have said "You can put your glasses down" a few times calling some of Saab's runaway tries in 2021.

After years of having slower than a wet week wingers like Matthew Wright and yes, even Jorge Taufua, its nice to finally have outside backs who can not only match it with the best of them, but are arguably faster to boot (Matty and Jorge were good players, but speed wise they couldn't catch a cold let alone an opposition winger. Jorge got run down by a front rower once for crying out loud). Saab, Turbo, Garrick and Koula have speed to burn.

Old commentators like The Moose would have said that they have "a ton of pace". Rex would have said "You can put your glasses down" a few times calling some of Saab's runaway tries in 2021.
Spot on !!!

Speed Rules ......Half breaks turn into full on tries

There is nothing more deflating than watching a back in the clear with the line wide open being shut down by the faster cover defence

Rex also said shut the gate the Horse has bolted .

We are known as the high flying Manly Sea eagles and Manly Sea eagle backs are meant to fly

Last edited:
I still believe that Russel Gartner and Dale Shearer are the fastest centre's we've ever had at Manly. And I can't split which one was quicker.

Snoz was certainly no slouch. Neither was Killer or the Kiwi's Darrell Williams and Kevin Iro. But none were ever as fast in the numbers 3 and 4 as Frog Eyes and Rowdy. IMO of course.

I think Koula can take that crown.

I still believe that Russel Gartner and Dale Shearer are the fastest centre's we've ever had at Manly. And I can't split which one was quicker.

Snoz was certainly no slouch. Neither was Killer or the Kiwi's Darrell Williams and Kevin Iro. But none were ever as fast in the numbers 3 and 4 as Frog Eyes and Rowdy. IMO of course.

How exciting were those high flying Sea eagles , Gartner , Snoz , Rowdy

Killer , Williams and Iro were not slouchers either as they had the flair to do damage and get the job done

What I liked about all those Manly players is

All those players where capable of more than just holding their own

They were capable of owning the game in their own right .

I imagine Koula and Saab would be hand timed the quickest. Don't forget the left hand centre we had, Craig Innes, an absolute gun.

Based purely on speed, whose the quicker combo?

Ridge and Elsegood ?
or
Turbo and Garrick ?

(Any combo with Saab would win it..)

Elsegood was probably 2-3 metres faster than Garrick.

However, Turbo would leave Ridge in his wake.....
Not sure with the Jack Elesgood and Garrick comparison , Garrick can motor and would be surprised if Elesgood was any quicker . Think that Frogs eyes Gartner had the most explosive acceleration for a Manly outside back from my observation but Koula looks like he could match this and will be even quicker all round . Actually thought that Ben Macdougall [ Adam "s brother ] had some surprising acceleration and occasionally did show it in his brief Manly stint but i guess that the list would be quite large if applied to other club "s players over time as well with speed or acceleration type attributes .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4