Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dont be sorry Be Speedy

1640736168017.png

The Dynamic Dimunitive Toovey would kick ass in any era
Agree
The Incomparable Immortal and Greatest player of all time was only 170cm tall but on the field he would be Mount Everest in any Era
Bozo was taller than 170 cm (5'6"). I think his height was 175 cm (5'9") and his playing weight @ 87 kg

The most impressive diminutive player in the last 25 years is probably Preston Campbell 167 cm & 73 kg

Agree

Bozo was taller than 170 cm (5'6"). I think his height was 175 cm (5'9") and his playing weight @ 87 kg

The most impressive diminutive player in the last 25 years is probably Preston Campbell 167 cm & 73 kg
We are splitting hairs here feathered friend with 5cm

The skillful Preston was very impressive

and skill over rides size every time and rules in every era

We are splitting hairs here feathered friend with 5cm
No, it is not splitting hairs. 5'6" is definitely short - don't know if any current players are of this height.

5'9" is a more normal height - there would be a few current NRL players of this height, e.g. To'o

No, it is not splitting hairs. 5'6" is definitely short - don't know if any current players are of this height.

5'9" is a more normal height - there would be a few current NRL players of this height, e.g. To'o
170cm is to be precise
5 Feet, 6.929 Inches closer to 5'7 and we are slitting hairs . We are talking about just over an inch difference
Whilst on your To'o example ...
To'o at 5'9' 175cm To'o kicks ass over his over 6 foot opponents

To'o is another example where superior strength and skill over rules size

170cm is to be precise
5 Feet, 6.929 Inches closer to 5'7 and we are slitting hairs . We are talking about just over an inch difference
Splitting hairs maybe @:)

My main point is that when Bozo played, he wasn't perceived as a 'shortie', whereas others like Toovey & Campbell were.

If there was a skilled & tough NRL player today with Su's speed off the mark, he would be a superstar. Apparently, Ken Irvine was often standing flat when he received the ball, but easily beat players with pure speed - 171 tries in 176 games for the struggling Bears is testimony to that.

Last edited:
170cm is to be precise
Whilst on your To'o example ...
To'o at 5'9' 175cm To'o kicks ass over his over 6 foot opponents

To'o is another example where superior strength and skill over rules size

Even Brett Dallas was 5' 9 and hevwas short. The shortness is Koula's biggest obstacle.

Almost too short to be a winger in this day of 6'4+ wingers.

Centre looks to be his position, if good enough.

I think a kid called Bailey was second….
Too short? Have you guys seen this kid play? 5 tries from 5 games in reserves with an average of 145 run metres and a 90% tackle efficiency. Pretty good stats in anyone's language. Speed off the mark is incredible and has a great step off both feet. He will burn opposition centres next year. Reminds me very much of Michael Jennings.....only much faster.

Truly, if Koula comes good, imagine the speed we have on the paddock!! I've been a supporter since 1980 or so and I can't remember so much pace. Tom, Saab, Koula and Garrick. Our centres are too slow and we need a strike weapon on one of them at least to win the comp. Defences know they can slide comfortably and Brad and Morgan won't run around them. Imagine the panic with Koula and him in space. Defemces would have to be spread a bit wider to make sure Koula doesn't get on their outside. Don't forget Steve Renouf and Jennings etc. Jimmy the Jet always caused stress just because of what h could do to you.

Truly, if Koula comes good, imagine the speed we have on the paddock!! I've been a supporter since 1980 or so and I can't remember so much pace. Tom, Saab, Koula and Garrick. Our centres are too slow and we need a strike weapon on one of them at least to win the comp. Defences know they can slide comfortably and Brad and Morgan won't run around them. Imagine the panic with Koula and him in space. Defemces would have to be spread a bit wider to make sure Koula doesn't get on their outside. Don't forget Steve Renouf and Jennings etc. Jimmy the Jet always caused stress just because of what h could do to you.

Yep scary thought. Especially if Dylan is the other centre. Best attacking backline in the comp? Anyways lets stop drooling and see how Des plays this out.

Still going to most likely need some initial patience with koula and with all of the expectations with the really good things it looks like he is more then capable of at Manly . Would be a bonus however if he can develop and measure up as quickly as possible Like that he seems to have some very impressive acceleration as well as exceptional speed , given the right attacking opportunities , going to be a real strength for the side . If he can establish himself as a i st choice centre , still the requirement to have a capable back up full back when Tom is unavailable . Anyway will be still a real benefit to have him performing well and utilizing his undoubted potential in whatever role in the i st grade line up

Still going to most likely need some initial patience with koula and with all of the expectations with the really good things it looks like he is more then capable of at Manly . Would be a bonus however if he can develop and measure up as quickly as possible Like that he seems to have some very impressive acceleration as well as exceptional speed , given the right attacking opportunities , going to be a real strength for the side . If he can establish himself as a i st choice centre , still the requirement to have a capable back up full back when Tom is unavailable . Anyway will be still a real benefit to have him performing well and utilizing his undoubted potential in whatever role in the i st grade line up
Happy new year to you Al and to all the other Silvertails on here. I enjoy all the posts so keep them coming. I understand Des has been training young Kao Weekes in that FB spot. No slouch in the speed department so will be interesting to see what personality this kid brings to the team and especially in that FB role.

My only question is will Des actually play him there? Not known for taking gambles with young potential superstars......as we know, Des more comfortable with older more established players. However those closer to him should remind the old boy that the rules have now significantly changed and have opened up the opportunities for these younger potential superstars to play NRL much earlier than the past. Also they are protected species by the refs and the media. If the defence looks at them the wrong way, it 10 minutes in the bin and a penalty against. Never been a better opportunity to introduce younger players with no experience into NRL!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7