Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sure Koula was caught against parra at Bankwest. He was playing for Blacktown. Jorge put him away playing centre. Can’t find the footage. He did score a long range try later in the game.

Some electrifying pace.....but some terrible defence this grade, must have been a score line of 48 - 46.
The defensive coaching from young age is to simply lock up the ball, more so than stop the attacker in their tracks, so the legs tackles are almost extinct.
At higher levels the players still go predominantly high to shut down ball movement as a priority, but also the gates are smaller and contact harder....this will be the test for the quick kids when stepping up

Pretty sure Koula was caught against parra at Bankwest. He was playing for Blacktown. Jorge put him away playing centre. Can’t find the footage. He did score a long range try later in the game.
Yes you are right. I was there that day. I thought he hesitated approaching the Parr 20. If he just pegged his head back he would have got there easily. I think his 100 metre time is about 10.43 / 53?? seconds which for a 19 / 20 year old is pretty good. Can only get better with age and weight. Rohan Browning time for the Olympics I think was around 10.01?? Toulu is fast and i suspect will get faster. look forward to seeing him at NRL level next season.

Yes you are right. I was there that day. I thought he hesitated approaching the Parr 20. If he just pegged his head back he would have got there easily. I think his 100 metre time is about 10.43 / 53?? seconds which for a 19 / 20 year old is pretty good. Can only get better with age and weight. Rohan Browning time for the Olympics I think was around 10.01?? Toulu is fast and i suspect will get faster. look forward to seeing him at NRL level next season.
Very quick and no doubt excellent acceleration which is such a benefit . Some good selective passers in Foz , Turbo , out wide and D C E and Schuster in a bit closer . Should get every opportunity to develop and show his attacking and speed ability , defence will be a priority for the coaching staff but as a natural athlete and with some no doubt natural strength , should be able adapt sufficiently

You need to be sent to the cooler for that comment.

greatescape-cooler.gif

Story by the Great Cuzzo
Tolu Koula may have already been touted as one of the fastest players in rugby league, but the hype is certainly not fazing the exciting young Manly flyer.

To say the 19-year-old can run is an understatement. An official track time of 10.58 seconds to break the 100m record at the AAGPS Athletics Carnival Open Championship at Sydney Olympic Park in 2019 is proof of that.

But there is more than just speed to Koula’s game. A player with good ball skills and movement, Koula is a quality young centre.

The endless tries on the You Tube clips is further testimony.

It’s been that way for the past few years ever since Koula juggled the demands of playing rugby union in winter, athletics in spring, and then representing Manly in the junior representative ranks in the late summer.

Born in Sydney to Tongan parents, Koula joined the Sea Eagles at 14 and came through the Sea Eagles Pathways Academy. He played in Manly’s inaugural Harold Matthews Cup premiership win in 2018.

Some more good performances for Manly’s SG Ball team in 2019 and 2020 saw Koula fast-tracked into the 2021 Sea Eagles full-time squad straight after finishing his HSC at Newington College.

“It was a pretty busy schedule in between my studies but I always enjoyed my rugby league, and it was something that I could see myself doing professionally after school,’’ Koula said.

“The first few weeks of doing full-time straight after finishing the HSC was tough. It was a big jump going from the Manly SG Ball team straight into the top squad and training with the big boys.

It was one of those pinch me moments

Tolu Koulaon going from the HSC into the Top 30 squad
"I’m just really grateful for the opportunity the Sea Eagles have given me and the faith they have in me.

“Obviously my goal is to make my NRL debut but I’ve just got to keep learning, keep working hard, and keep asking plenty of questions as there are a lot of quality experienced players here to get advice from.”

Sea Eagles team-mate and fellow speedster Jason Saab said he was impressed with Koula’s athleticism.

“With the coaching staff we have here, he is going to turn into a very good player because athleticism is not something that can be taught really, so he has got that covered,’’ Saab said.

“He is becoming a better footy player every week with his training.

“I just like how explosive he is. He is quick. His speed has helped him so much with what he has been doing at training the last couple of weeks.

"Tolu is quicker than me off the mark. I’m more of a come home type of runner.”

So is Koula quicker overall than Saab?

“I don’t buy into that talk. We’re both quick,’’ Koula said, with a grin.

Lightning Quick Koula !
1640649324776.png

SPEED KILLS !

@BOZO you may be interested in this video about Su Bingtian (China) who was the first ever Asian male to qualify for the Olympic 100 metre sprint final this year. He is only 5'8" (average height of Olympic sprinters is 6'1"). He is incredibly quick off the mark, but in 100 metres races, the runners with longer legs would eventually overtake him. A few years ago, his 100 metres PB was 10.28, but with sheer hard work & determination he reduced this to 9.83 to become one of the fastest runners in the world. Indeed, over 40 metres & 60 metres, he has the fastest times ever recorded.

Last edited:
@BOZO you may be interested in this video about Su Bingtian (China) who was the first ever Asian male to qualify for the Olympic 100 metre sprint final this year. He is only 5'8" (average height of Olympic sprinters is 6'1"). He is incredibly quick off the mark, but in 100 metres races, the runners with longer legs would eventually overtake him. A few years ago, his 100 metres PB was 10.28, but with sheer hard work & determination he reduced this to 9.83 to become one of the fastest runners in the world. Indeed, over 40 metres & 60 metres, he has the fastest times ever recorded.

from china hey?
well you know he is definitely drug free:rolleyes:

Then we can have him, along with Koala and Tom Wright to pick at centre.
Su is the fastest, but maybe too small for modern day NRL @ 173 cm & 70 kg (but has a larger frame than Ken Irvine). If you want proven football ability & experience, then Tom is the best pick. However, as Tolutau is already in our squad, I guess we'll just have to go with him @:)

Thank you for sharing . Very Impressive indeed

Impressive Speed is all in the DNA and those that inherit fast-twitch muscle fibres

This is why they say you can not teach one to have lightning speed . One is only blessed with it

All players in the NRL do sprint training and weight training but not all players are super strong and super fast . Its all the way in our DNA

Speed is a blessing and the Manly Sea eagles are blessed with the fastest backs in the NRL

Koula
Saab
Turbo
Garrick

Speed thrills and Speed Kills and the faster our Supersonic Sea eagle Thunderbirds go
The bigger the slower mediocre mess they leave behind

Sea eagles Backs with Super Speed are Koula !
1640734410264.png

Last edited:
Su is the fastest, but maybe too small for modern day NRL @ 173 cm & 70 kg (but has a larger frame than Ken Irvine). If you want proven football ability & experience, then Tom is the best pick. However, as Tolutau is already in our squad, I guess we'll just have to go with him @:)
Modern day Size Perspective

Its is not about the size feathered friend

It is all about the impact in the matter

Think small dynamite stick and the big bang and the big mess it leaves behind

The Dynamic Dimunitive Toovey would kick ass in any era

The Incomparable Immortal and Greatest player of all time was only 170cm tall but on the field he would be Mount Everest in any Era

from china hey?
well you know he is definitely drug free:rolleyes:
If one does not have speed in his DNA Drugs can only take him so far in the 100 metres

It is like putting rocket fuel in a Red VW beetle

PS
RED BEETLES DO NOT BELONG IN OUR SEA EAGLE BACK LINE

SPEED THRILLS AND FAST SEA EAGLES KILLS !!!

1640735163982.png

Speed is Cocaine on the Footy field and gets the fans high in ecstasy

The Human Ecstasy Pill Saab over for another thrilling try

1640735730253.png

Slow Stalls and Slow Sucks

There is absolutely No Advantage what so ever of being slow in defence or attack

1640736059000.png

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4