Quick poll on site speeds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Has the website been faster today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

I made a fairly significant change to the backend of the website overnight my time (Early morning for you guys, in fact about 6am for you guys)

The change had to do with the software that runs the server and that the site scripts leverage.

Now that change should have come with an increase in the site response times and speeds as it reduced server loads and increased round trip speeds to the database.

Anyway with that geek stuff aside.

I wanted to see if anyone had noticed anecdotally the increase in the sites speed today.

From anecdotal stories and basic testing it appears to actually be faster, but then again connection speeds here are faster than in Oz.

There is a further tweak I can do but its a bit bleeding edge so will only do it if needs be.

CHeers
Dan

Awesome. I wanted to make the change late last week but the new job has me travelling a lot. Dublin all last week and now off to Poland tomorrow, UK end of the week and possibly Brasil in a few weeks time. /brag

It's not real glamorous and I am running on pure coffee at the moment. I did find some time to make the change last night, it's all about the database. Ours was getting bogged down and consuming over 45% of all resources Memory and CPU, which is huge since we run at around 65 - 70% capacity most times.

for those that voted no, are you able to elaborate, is it slow, was it already fast, what browser are you using, what type of internet connection and speeds do you have, where are you located etc

If it was already fast for you as it was for me, then no need I guess

bones said:
It's great. It's so quick it left a trail of fire, mate.

that could have been caused by the new RAID servers in india....

Dan said:
Awesome. I wanted to make the change late last week but the new job has me travelling a lot. Dublin all last week and now off to Poland tomorrow, UK end of the week and possibly Brasil in a few weeks time. /brag

Pics with hat or didn't happen!

Site seems pretty quick, but I dunno much about kompooters and such.

...Like Jamal, leaving KFC...

Actually about the same on mobile for me, which has been better, and pretty darn good lately...touchwood.

HappilyManly said:
@Dan , really slow on mobile this afternoon :(

occasional load spikes. should resolve itself.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6