Question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Asking out there as someone might know the answer, has there ever been a Manly junior who has represented Australia, however got his debut call up whilst playing for another club.
If none so far, could "King" Gutho be the first, I hope not, but very very likely.

Maybe Steve Knight - was a Manly junior (played union) then went to West’s before coming back to Manly. Not sure if he made Aust team at Wests

Maybe Steve Knight - was a Manly junior (played union) then went to West’s before coming back to Manly. Not sure if he made Aust team at Wests
You could very well be right, from the records he played for Australia in 1972, from Wests.

Asking out there as someone might know the answer, has there ever been a Manly junior who has represented Australia, however got his debut call up whilst playing for another club.
If none so far, could "King" Gutho be the first, I hope not, but very very likely.
Queen Gutho will never play for Australia.....too many better fullbacks, center 3/4s etc than he’ll ever be mate.

You could very well be right, from the records he played for Australia in 1972, from Wests.
Knight was a M-W RL junior. The old league programmes indicated imports (under the 13 import rule) with an asterisk. When Knight played for Manly in 1978-79, he did not have an asterisk next to his name.

He was a dual-international starting at the Manly Blues (as they were then called) in 1969 in South Africa (from memory) and played a few rugby tests up into 1970 or 71, before switching to league with Wests, where he toured with the 1972 World Cup squad.

Not really the answer, but Mark Gerrard played for the Wallabies after being a Manly league junior? Was a Aust Schoolboys RL team player. I recall seeing him play wing for the Sea Eagles in reserve grade in must have been 1999. The Northern Eagles of course at the end of 1999 had no room for anyone not already in the first grade at Bears or Manly, so Gerrard got ignored and went to RU.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2