Question inspired by T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleHaus

Here's a question for you all.... Which ex star Manly players that have left the club in the last 30 yrs have gone on to kill it at another club - only one I can think of is Phil Blake at Souths

Goes to show....

Tony Iro drifted for a while but then peaked at souths. Mark Brokenshire went well after he left.Luke phillips won MOM in a losing GF team after he left and was great at the roosters

Martin bella also went very well at the cowboys and possibly the dogs.

JWH is really starting to get into his work now so he could be one

Ivan Cleary had a good career

lismore_fan said:
What player(s) have left Manly and won a Premiership with their new Club?

There is only 2, Luke Phillips and I can't remember the other now, it was mentioned on here the other day

A little bit more than 30 years but Malcolm Reilly coached Newcastle to that 97 premiership. A number of players in super league including Steve Menzies.

Mathew Ridge, Martin Bella, Ian Roberts all went on to do good things at other clubs.

Mark O Meley left our club and did well also winning a premiership with the Dogs in 04. I know a lot will say it wasn't Manly, but then you can't count Beavers feats, games or tries, if you don't count Ogre as a Manly player.

John Mayes the half back left us after our 1973 grand final win and won a grand final the following year with the roosters

eagleE said:
Mark O Meley left our club and did well also winning a premiership with the Dogs in 04. I know a lot will say it wasn't Manly, but then you can't count Beavers feats, games or tries, if you don't count Ogre as a Manly player.

If it wasn't manly than beaver left our club.

Phil Bailey played Origin and Test footy after leaving Manly.

COMMANDER said:
Mathew Ridge, Martin Bella, Ian Roberts all went on to do good things at other clubs.

True, but you would have to say that all threes best years were at Manly?

bones said:
True, but you would have to say that all threes best years were at Manly?

Thats what I would say, debatable about Bella - was never a fan, never knew why he kept gettin rep fotty, maybe lack of props those days. Ridge and Roberts definetly were never like they were.

Agree with JWH and cleary, maybe even elsegood - seems only ones that do reasonbly well go to the Rooters.

This does not fit your question, but how about Graeme Langlands. Was going to sign with Manly, but the current St George fullback, Brian Graham was conscripted, so St George jumped in and got Chang

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7