Queenslands champion team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
much has been blurted, blabbed and babbled on about the dynasty that was qld origin side. A team of many champions who became a champions team or did they

No one can deny the results , they have had great players in great positions and they will always be etched in the records book but in my eyes they will never be a champion team. When i think of sporting champions , notnecessarily winners but real champions they all have one quality. HUMILTY

The qld team lacked humility in bucket loads with splits in the aussie team, singing there own songs in the aussie team and basicly just being bitches. You can never erase record books, but they were never a champion team.

I see luke lewis is retiring. He has to be a bit if a champion on and off the field, beat a cancer scare, women in league advocate and a bloody nice guy. With this news im expecting the NRL to announce they will be moving games so luke can go out a winner and they will be allowing cronulla to pay him some coin on the way out the door.... Just waiting anytime now

Mate , Its pretty hard to be humble when one is great ;)
It didn't do this bloke any harm either
download (1).jpg

much has been blurted, blabbed and babbled on about the dynasty that was qld origin side. A team of many champions who became a champions team or did they

No one can deny the results , they have had great players in great positions and they will always be etched in the records book but in my eyes they will never be a champion team. When i think of sporting champions , notnecessarily winners but real champions they all have one quality. HUMILTY

The qld team lacked humility in bucket loads with splits in the aussie team, singing there own songs in the aussie team and basicly just being bitches. You can never erase record books, but they were never a champion team.

I see luke lewis is retiring. He has to be a bit if a champion on and off the field, beat a cancer scare, women in league advocate and a bloody nice guy. With this news im expecting the NRL to announce they will be moving games so luke can go out a winner and they will be allowing cronulla to pay him some coin on the way out the door.... Just waiting anytime now
They just got lucky , damn lucky in fact.

Any team with Smith , Cronk and Slater ( in their prime) plus Thurston as the spine could almost never lose ( and they didn’t).

What’s good now is we really don’t know which team are going to win either the next game OR the series , and that’s exactly how it should be!!

Mate , Its pretty hard to be humble when one is great ;)
It didn't do this bloke any harm either
View attachment 8960
I love to rain on your constant parades @BOZO so:
I think you are confusing Ali's confidence, showmanship and his desire to succeed, and shove it in the faces of his many haters, with a lack of humility. Much has been written about what a humble guy he truly was. You may need to present a level of this persona to succeed but you can (and should) still be humble in victory.

At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.
- Muhammad Ali

I think you are confusing Ali's confidence, showmanship and his desire to succeed, and shove it in the faces of his many haters, with a lack of humility. Much has been written about what a humble guy he truly was. You may need to present a level of this persona to succeed but you can (and should) still be humble in victory.

At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.
- Muhammad Ali
I was only trying to be funny . You are right MuzztheEagle as most of the greatest sportspeople man and woman have been the most gracious and humble .

I don't think Freddy Fittler did his humility standing by declaring pre-game 3 of SOO that Scam Smith had been scared to face the 'Baby Blues' so he retired.
The boast, if accurately reported, was ludicrous, and true to form Qld won the final match.

I still maintain that as a fullback, Snake was better than Slater. Its just that mostly thanks to his injuries, and with Qld and Melbourne being strong while Snake only played in strong Manly teams....Slater has the representative runs on the board which makes people think he was better.

I tend to think that Qld took advantage of a relatively weak period in NSW history. Really, how many great players did NSW produce from 2005-2017? NSW chopped and changed halves each and every year. With all due respect, there were no players of the calibre of Daley, Clyde, Stuart, Fittler, Johns, Harragon, Roberts, Lazarus etc. It’s only my personal opinion but some of the NSW teams of the 90’s were better than the Qld teams of 2005-2017.

I don't think Freddy Fittler did his humility standing by declaring pre-game 3 of SOO that Scam Smith had been scared to face the 'Baby Blues' so he retired.
The boast, if accurately reported, was ludicrous, and true to form Qld won the final match.

My greatest fear at the moment is .... that next year ... QLD will be on the ropes .... and suddenly .. in the sky ... is it a bird ... is it a plane ... NO! it's Scam heeding the call to return and save the day!!!! ...

... it will be a media feeding frenzy ..

- Muhammad Ali

Sheesh, let it go, will ya! Has Bozo done anything to you, or your family, outside of these forums? They talk about the left's Trump Derangement Syndrome. LOL! Some posters are suffering 'Bozo Derangement Syndrome'. Keep your passive aggressive responses coming, Bozo, as it is hilarious to witness these posters heads exploding. Bozo is head#*$@$#certain posters on here and I don't think they are even aware of it. Bozo 6-1, 6-2, 4-0 for sure from where I am sitting in the stands. I am going to start using Bozo's 'you are welcome to your views as I am welcome to mine. This is what makes this forum so successful, feathered friend.' Classic!

Last edited:
My greatest fear at the moment is .... that next year ... QLD will be on the ropes .... and suddenly .. in the sky ... is it a bird ... is it a plane ... NO! it's Scam heeding the call to return and save the day!!!! ...

... it will be a media feeding frenzy ..
I’m not sure Scam will play on, I reckon if they were to win the GF he and Studs First would announce their retirement, together!!

Sheesh, let it go, will ya! Has Bozo done anything to you, or your family, outside of these forums? They talk about the left's Trump Derangement Syndrome. LOL! Some posters are suffering 'Bozo Derangement Syndrome'. Keep your passive aggressive responses coming, Bozo, as it is hilarious to witness these posters heads exploding. Bozo is head#*$@$#certain posters on here and I don't think they are even aware of it. Bozo 6-1, 6-2, 4-0 for sure from where I am sitting in the stands. I am going to start using Bozo's 'you are welcome to your views as I am welcome to mine. This is what makes this forum so successful, feathered friend.' Classic!
I'm pretty sure Trump Derangement Syndrome is the very reason why we shouldn't allow egos as large as Bozo's to go unchecked :p
(....and I'm sure Bozo knows that deep down I really love him :) )

Last edited:
When I think of Wally, Gene Miles or Mal I remember greatness, heaps of confidence and competitiveness.
Sure they played rough and tough but
I don't remember them having the grubby tactics or smugness of the big headed 3.
Greatness requires humility otherwise you're just somebody with extraordinary ability but was a c*ck.

I still maintain that as a fullback, Snake was better than Slater. Its just that mostly thanks to his injuries, and with Qld and Melbourne being strong while Snake only played in strong Manly teams....Slater has the representative runs on the board which makes people think he was better.
I was going to dislike that comment (maybe there should be a disagree) slater was better than Stewart. He had his own injuries and snakes came in the middle of his career I know. Skater did some grubby things but he possibly saved the wolf mans career and ability to walk.

Slater was the best. No dishonour in being second behind him. Stewart was spectacular.

Qld were helped by the fact that their pool of talent has come from three teams for the past fifteen years.

Nsw were derailed by people picking kurt gidley as fullback and captain under Bellamy. Possible conspiracy theory from the club coach of those superstars.

Any team with Smith , Cronk and Slater ( in their prime) plus Thurston as the spine could almost never lose ( and they didn’t).
Actually they did lose regularly. Many series in that period were 2-1.
But they won the series, which shows their greatness.
For what it's worth, I rate Smith as an all-time great, and Slater, Thurston, and Cronk as hall of famers.

Could not agree more. Snake had a passing game and a great set of hands that Slater just couldn't match. Slater was all about speed but Snake had him more than covered there. At no stage of his career would I ever have swapped Snake for that purple koala

@BOZO aint changing... he is nothing if not consistent. When I came to Realise this fact and stopped trying to make him accept my views as being superior to his own (It’s all your fault Brian Kelly) I was able to appreciate his point of view in a whole new light. And there is no one better on all of this site when it comes to throwing out a meme as a way of doubling down on what he’s just posted. I dare say, the man would be an absolute beast at poker.

@BOZO aint changing... he is nothing if not consistent. When I came to Realise this fact and stopped trying to make him accept my views as being superior to his own (It’s all your fault Brian Kelly) I was able to appreciate his point of view in a whole new light. And there is no one better on all of this site when it comes to throwing out a meme as a way of doubling down on what he’s just posted. I dare say, the man would be an absolute beast at poker.
The moral of the story feathered friends !!!
This forum is all about expressing and sharing our views .
We all have strong views and differences of opinions that are derived from our own personal experience and expectations .
We dont need to share the same opinions . We just need to be respectful

0daa13dca2b90574bd3574f7531f3072.jpg

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4