Queensland Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
XXXX Queensland Maroons Team

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)

2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)

3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)

4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys)

5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos)

6. Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)

7. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)

8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)

9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)

10. Petero Civoniceva (Penrith Panthers)

11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)

12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)

13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)

14. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)

15. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)

16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons)

17. David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Jatz Crackers link said:
No contest.

I will need to find something else to do this series, like nude lawn bowls or something.
  Maleny bowling club might accommodate you.  Just stay away from Mapleton.

Sucks to be a NSW supporter at the moment, that team is streets ahead of the bolted together blues

no surprise though Dan, they have been for the last 4 years unfortunately.

Imagine how good the Blues would have been if they had picked a young team back in 07 and stuck to it, they would have been battle hardened and a lot better than dads army that we have next week.

yeah they may have lost a few series, but so did the nuffies we trotted out.

It staggers me that everyone who has walked past a Leagues club can see the holes in the Blues side, and could pick a much better combination from the talent available. 

I guess the idea of Idris is that Hayne will eventually slip back to fullback, idris into the centres, tahu out to the wing, and gidley in as a utility or hooker.

We make far too many accommodations for Gidley to be in the team, and he has yet to prove his worth

Dan link said:
We make far too many accommodations for Gidley to be in the team, and he has yet to prove his worth

Both as a player and as Captain

Having to make 4 changes in the back line mid game is dumb dumb dumb.  

Picking a bunch of guys out of position is even dumber.  

That's a pretty good looking side unfortunately. They will miss Steve Price and might be a little light on for props without Hannant as well. 70c/litre will do the biz, but Scott and Shillington are "rookies" and Taylor is used to being a wide running backrower these days so might not be up for toughing it out up the middle. Not sure we have the cattle to capitalise on being able to grind through the middle, even if they are a little soft.

Is David Stagg injured at the moment ?? I figured he'd be a moral as a Dallas Johnson clone.

Tonga is a bit hit and miss in defence and Tahu might be able to conjure something up there, here's hoping anyway.

Chip & Chase link said:
That's a pretty good looking side unfortunately. They will miss Steve Price and might be a little light on for props without Hannant as well. 70c/litre will do the biz, but Scott and Shillington are \"rookies\" and Taylor is used to being a wide running backrower these days so might not be up for toughing it out up the middle. Not sure we have the cattle to capitalise on being able to grind through the middle, even if they are a little soft.

Is David Stagg injured at the moment ?? I figured he'd be a moral as a Dallas Johnson clone.

Tonga is a bit hit and miss in defence and Tahu might be able to conjure something up there, here's hoping anyway.
  It's not as though NSW have picked an over abundance of props either however.  Perry and White are soft so Shillington and company won't be trembling.

Tonga is up against Cooper who is old and lacks pace.  Tahu has the job on Inglis and we know what he's done at origin level over the years.

1 Slater – salary cap cheat, grub and Dirty Queenslander
2 Darius Boyd – Choker from St Choke and Dirty Queenslander
3 Inglis – salary cap cheat, WIFE basher, born in NSW and Dirty Queenslander
4 Willie Tonga – Coffs Harbour with the bulldogs anyone and Dirty Queenslander
5 Israel – Logan Bogan, Born in NSW, played for the cheats and Dirty Queenslander
6 Darren Lockyer – ENJOY COKE, Too Old and Dirty Queenslander
7 Thurston – See Willie Tonga re Coffs Harbour and Dirty Queenslander
8 Matt Scott ?????? Wouldn’t make the bench for reserve grade at Manly and Dirty Queenslander
9 Cameron Smith – Name thief, Grapple tackler, Logan bogan, salary cap cheat and Dirty Queenslander
10 Petrol 70 cents a litre – Has been and Dirty Queenslander
11 Nate Myles – Nappy Wearer problem drinker, Rooster and Dirty Queenslander
12 Sam Thaiday – Normanby Toilet Shanagins, and Dirty Queenslander
13 Ashley Harrison – Wouldn’t Play Under 20s at Manly and Dirty Queenslander
14 Cooper Cronk – Salary Cap Cheat and Dirty Queenslander
15 David Schillington – Park footballer, in the closet and Dirty Queenslander
16 Neville Costigan – Another choker from St Choke, grub and Dirty Queenslander
17 Dave Taylor  - Roger Ramjets long lost love child, Brent Tate’s half brother and Dirty Queenslander

I have lived in QLD for almost 5 years now, after a lifetime 'south of the border', so you will not find a more passionate Blues supporter than me....I go to every SOO up here, proudly (and dumbly) wearing my Blue Cap, Blues Jumper and being lamblasted by 53000 screaming Queenslanders, fair dinkum you need a flak jacket to get out of the Caxton Hotel in the pre and post game drinks session.

And for the last 5 years I have lived in hope of a series win so I can stick it up all my work mates, and new found friends, AND just like in previous years, and before even a pass is thrown, I know we have little to NO CHANCE of beating the QLD Juggernaut.

Now for one I won't knock the team as I am sure that each and every one will try their hardest BUT I will surely be pleased to take aim at the NSW selectors....what a joke...fair dinkum talk about a mis match, and caused by a host of players being chosen that are , out of position, and down on form.

Meanwhile the "dirty Queenslanders"....actually wrong to call them that, the well oiled machine that is Queensland SOO, starting from the players and going all the way to the QRL Board, are siting back saying to themselves " how good is this".

Sad to say but QLD by 20 :'( :'(

Mark from Brisbane link said:
And for the last 5 years I have lived in hope of a series win so I can stick it up all my work mates, and new found friends, AND just like in previous years, and before even a pass is thrown, I know we have little to NO CHANCE of beating the QLD Juggernaut.
  I had the opposing experience, living down that way as an exiled Queenslander in 1992-4, then 96,7 and worst in 2003-5.  Somewhere in that 2003-5 stretch I had the misfortune of watching the game in a maroon shirt in a miner's pub in Wallarawang.  Not the smartest move - it was also the game where Timmins kicked a golden point field goal so it was close and personal. 

My big concern is I can see no end in sight, I mean look at the QLD team, sure Lockyer and 70 cents will probably be gone next year, but you have players like Price who can't get a start and theirs a stack of others who have missed out (Ballin as an example)

Someone else said somewhere "don't know why NSW didn't pick a bunch of youngin's in 2007 and just let them play, they would still have lost 4 zip BUT by 2010 we'd have a bunch of battle hardened players"....they were right.

I know some people knock it but I love SOO footy, it's the best of the best each year BUT should NSW lose another 2,3,4 or 5 series it will just about kill the comp.

What's made it special over the years is thast no side has dominated the other for lomg periods of time, until the last four years.....and it could continue for a very long time!!

Hope I'm wrong as the event needs the teams to be close.

I for one am not convinced the Qld team can get up again. If you look beyond the names there are some significant cracks. Thurston & Smith are the kingpins and both must be under some sort of injury cloud. Lockyer is still there, and Inglis & Slater, but ... Matthew Scott?

This game could definitely go either way. I have always gone for Qld due to the history of NSW using Qld players in pre-Origin days, but after so many wins by Qld I don't really care who wins this time. I hope it is as good a game as last year's game 3!

Cambo link said:
1 Slater – salary cap cheat, grub and Dirty Queenslander
2 Darius Boyd – Choker from St Choke and Dirty Queenslander
4 Willie Tonga – Coffs Harbour with the bulldogs anyone and Dirty Queenslander
5 Israel – Logan Bogan, Born in NSW, played for the cheats and Dirty Queenslander
6 Darren Lockyer – ENJOY COKE, Too Old and Dirty Queenslander
7 Thurston – See Willie Tonga re Coffs Harbour and Dirty Queenslander
8 Matt Scott ?????? Wouldn’t make the bench for reserve grade at Manly and Dirty Queenslander
9 Cameron Smith – Name thief, Grapple tackler, Logan bogan, salary cap cheat and Dirty Queenslander
10 Petrol 70 cents a litre – Has been and Dirty Queenslander
11 Nate Myles – Nappy Wearer problem drinker, Rooster and Dirty Queenslander
12 Sam Thaiday – Normanby Toilet Shanagins, and Dirty Queenslander
13 Ashley Harrison – Wouldn’t Play Under 20s at Manly and Dirty Queenslander
14 Cooper Cronk – Salary Cap Cheat and Dirty Queenslander
15 David Schillington – Park footballer, in the closet and Dirty Queenslander
16 Neville Costigan – Another choker from St Choke, grub and Dirty Queenslander
17 Dave Taylor  - Roger Ramjets long lost love child, Brent Tate’s half brother and Dirty Queenslander

Geez Your gonna be dirty when all those dirty QLD'ers flog you clean as a whistle NSW'elshman.

I'm just hoping we don't give Jamie and Anthony too much of a touch up!

Cambo link said:
Wife basher - born in NSW, well there you go. Isn't there a wife basher in the blues backrow as well? Hmm

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183344.msg262926#msg262926 date=1274156327]
No contest.

I will need to find something else to do this series, like nude lawn bowls or something.
  Maleny bowling club might accommodate you.  Just stay away from Mapleton.
[/quote]

So i guess you & I as a twin team is out of the question then.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2