Proud moment for John Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
John has been a part of our success this year and I feel happy for him ......

NRL FOX.

The touching moment Cartwright heard son would make NRL debut
Panthers second-rower Jed Cartwright will make his NRL debut on Friday night — a significant moment for the son of club legend, John.
Ahead of his long-awaited debut, the 22-year-old called his dad to tell him the news and the club filmed the emotional response.

Cartwright, choked up to tell his dad the news, said “I’m making my debut against the Titans”.

You’re joking,” John said.

“No... are you serious?

“Oh Jeddo, oh mate. That’s the best news. I’m so proud of you mate.

“Tell them to put a little bit of that hill aside for me.

“That’s bloody wonderful.”

John played 184 NRL games for the Panthers between 1985-1996 and is now assistant coach at Manly.

Watch the touching moment in the video player below.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...hing-moment-cartwright-heard-son-would-make-n

.....then Ivan walks in and says ‘Sucker!’, you’re staying with the Windsor Wolves. Jeds like WTF! Johns’ in the background cackling away....you been Punk’d son...hahaha.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Really nice moment for them both.
Up against his cousin Bryce. Nicely scripted.

Last edited:
Can’t believe Carty was taking a call - shouldn’t he be doing field work, video analysis, skills coaching or whatever an assistant coach does?

The good thing is that in the run home we don't have to play either side on show tonight (Penrith or the Titans). But Carty would still be smart to be there not just to see his son make his NRL debut, but to take notes, especially on Penrith as they are looming as a danger side for those in the bottom half of the top 8.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6