Props for 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unlikely signing, but i'd place Klemmer on my wish list

We have Paseka and Sipley so other than Klemmer i don't think we really need anyone. Second-rowers are doing their job brilliantly for us, i thought earlier on in the season that we'd need to buy a star second-rower however that opinion has completely changed.

If we don't get Klemmer we can still save our money for extending players and major signings :party:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an interesting question...we definitely need to sign a replacement for any position that we lose a troop in, but the real question is do we need to sign a FG quality prop or just a depth signing...

AFB is coming along nicely and Perrett is also developing. We have Paseka waiting for an opportunity and obviously Lussick and Taupau are the established duo...is Lawrence leaving a sign that Manly are prepared to elevate the likes of AFB and Perrett to the starting side and bring Paseka into the bench or do we have a big signing like Graham or Klemmer in our sights?

I think we need to be careful because AFB and Perrett are good enough to be career first graders and we need to have a pathway for them to reach their full potential rather than usher in a marquee and lose two guys that could be marquees at another club and leave us with egg on our faces.

Unlikely signing, but i'd place Klemmer on my wish list

We have Paseka and Sipley so other than Klemmer i don't think we really need anyone. Second-rowers are doing their job brilliantly for us, i thought earlier on in the season that we'd need to buy a star second-rower however that opinion has completely changed.

If we don't get Klemmer we can still save our money for extending players and major signings :party:
Harry i think we will be getting klemmer mate.

We need another prop for sure. Perrett and Fonua-Blake are bench props and Im not convinced Darcy is a good player anymore, he has no control and his defence is poor. Sipley and Paseka need more development time. Im worried but Bozo would not let all these players walk unless he had a decent player he would be signing.

no
but my apologies for indulging,
I've always wanted to know what it felt like to make such a asinine post....

FTR, chilly feeling, foggy, won't do it again ;)
Dont see how its a foolish post. Its an opinionated response to the initial question. Whether you agree with it or not, to me your post os nothing but brainless squabble

We need another prop for sure. Perrett and Fonua-Blake are bench props and Im not convinced Darcy is a good player anymore, he has no control and his defence is poor. Sipley and Paseka need more development time. Im worried but Bozo would not let all these players walk unless he had a decent player he would be signing.
Most forwards are "bench props" for a time in their career, but sooner or later, they graduate to a starting position, particularly prospects like AFB and Lloyd Perrett, who were both NYC stars.

I think AFB in particular, is knocking on the door for a starting spot. AFB is averaging 10m more than Lawrence per match as is, albeit less tackles. He is young and has a bright career in front of him...granted he is still young, so I am not desperate to see him put into the starting line up but we need a pathway for him to reach his potential.

Can't see Bozo letting BJ and Plod go without at least one experienced replacement.

Klemmer or not, we won't know until after the season is complete ( if it's a top player currently running around elsewhere).

No need to sign any other players apart from depth signings. Forward looks like this Taupau, Fonua Blake. Off the bench we have Lussick, Paseka, Perret with Sipley as 18th man.

I'd prefer AFB off the bench.
I also worry about having too many Islander props and developing a bro culture.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6