Prediction ... Will Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Will Hopoate will be back home with a manly in 2016. His brother is an exceptional talent, and will be playing 1st grade by then. Matai will be gone by 2016, freeing up enough $$$$ for Will, who will be at the peak of his powers by then. Parra would of spent their 1.6mil by then without even making the 8 and have him primed for a return to Brookie.

If he'd not gone on the religious journey and continued at Manly he'd be in the top five players in the world.

Would be a great fullback replacement for Snake.

The way he played in 2011 was just stunning. He really just took everything on (playing Origin, and playing damn well) and didn't get fazed in the slightest. The best part was that it gave Snake extra time to get over injuries. I remember in that year at times Snake got injured and he seemed to be out for a week longer than was necessary, and why not when his replacement was doing superb?

The other thing was his performance in the 2011 GF. For some reason he was targeted by the Warriors halves. He just kept catching, make 10-20m. Catch....repeat.

It's wishful thinking that he's coming back. It hurts seeing him play for them and its only about coin that hes there.

I think if he left whats the matta he will end up at the dogs or chooks or vermin. They can get 3rd party stuff that we cant get.

Hate losing quality juniors especially to despised rivals like them.

sheridanstand78 said:
I think if he left whats the matta he will end up at the dogs or chooks or vermin. They can get 3rd party stuff that we cant get.
Our new CEO and ownership structure might help us be more competitive in that regard?

Actually thinking we now have cheaper better options for fullback now than paying overs for an ex player

With Gutherson and Trjbovic coming through i think there are other areas we can spend our money

If he did ever come back, well its lucky we have Donny Singe - to work on young William's speed. Is it just me, or does he look quite a bit slower than he did in 2011 ? The two years off did his footy no good at all. Sorry. Waste of Cap.

I'm more thinking a centre, not fullback. Trbojevic will be the long term fullback.

Backline in 3 years:

Trbojevic
Hiku
Gutherson (with a bit of size)
Hopoate
Tafua
Foran
DCE....

EagleFromMay1967 said:
If he did ever come back, well its lucky we have Donny Singe - to work on young William's speed. Is it just me, or does he look quite a bit slower than he did in 2011 ? The two years off did his footy no good at all. Sorry. Waste of Cap.
Geez, he looks slower than I did in 2011.

If Hoppa Mk.II doesn't come home and stays with Arthur's Choc at Parra-doesn't-matta, in a few years (when Snake, Killer & Skivy have retired) I personally see our backline as:

Gutho, Turbo Tom, Peta, Jorge, Cheyse, Foz, DCE

Provided we can keep them all that is.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8