Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

A few things

Watching the brownlow medal tonight it again reminds to me that we are at the serious end of the footy codes seasons.

How good we are still alive and I think a 50/50 chance on Friday night to make it to the big dance.

If you are in Brisbane QLD I call on you do your job and attend Friday night live to support the boys trust me if we get in the lead and the manly chant starts ringing around Suncorp our boys will get such a lift.

To all those in QLD who have the opportunity please get To the game live. Living in Sydney knowing I am missing out going out to the PF live ..I am a stadium Australia Member, makes this week so hard to take.

We don't know when we will get back to this stage of the finals series again so that's why I call on all who can go to support the boys this Friday night.

2013 our last PF against south's was one of the greatest nights I have ever experienced in going to sport live , seeing rusty albo and co leaving there corporate suite and just giving them the look with pointing to my jersey and there reaction I will never forget. It was probably my most favourite win apart from GF'S to be at live.

Even if we fall at this stage of the season this has been a very successful season. Whatever happens on Firday this year is the start for us as a club building to a title.

So again I just want to implore ask beg if you live in Queensland and can make it please go and support the boys this Friday night.

Lets out number souths fan on Friday night.
We will be there - 6 old Manly boys now living on the Gold Coaxt .
Go Manly 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅 !!!!!!

One aspect which worries me about this game is that Bellamy came up with a successful game-plan to shut down Turbo and Manly in week 1. Couldn't Bennett could do something very similar - after all, he came up with an effective game-plan to shut down the Panthers, so I wouldn't put it past him.

Having said that though, it's all well to have a winning game-plan but it's another thing to execute it effectively...
I can come up with a game plan to stop Tom. It’s called dominate the Manly forwards and force them into errors and a low completion rate. Do this and Tom can’t get into the game. Our forwards lift again and we will win this game!

That 2013 final I was in Melbourne for a family visit , my son in law ( Bunnies supporter ) suggests he and I go to the pub down the road , big screen , draft beers and maybe a few supporters ( nope just him and I ).

At 14 -0 he’s crowing like a Rooster, full of voice ( and beer ).

Dunno why but he vanished and completely left me during the second half , the barman ( AFL supporter ) thought it was hilarious.

By the time I got home he’d gone to bed , shut the door and was sulking big time.

Refused to exit the bedroom the next morning until about 11am, walked out , didn’t even look at me and finally acknowledged me ( somewhat ) about 6pm that night.

That 2013 final I was in Melbourne for a family visit , my son in law ( Bunnies supporter ) suggests he and I go to the pub down the road , big screen , draft beers and maybe a few supporters ( nope just him and I ).

At 14 -0 he’s crowing like a Rooster, full of voice ( and beer ).

Dunno why but he vanished and completely left me during the second half , the barman ( AFL supporter ) thought it was hilarious.

By the time I got home he’d gone to bed , shut the door and was sulking big time.

Refused to exit the bedroom the next morning until about 11am, walked out , didn’t even look at me and finally acknowledged me ( somewhat ) about 6pm that night.
Hahaha poor sport, it's only a game (well, sort of) @:D@:D@:D@:D@:D

Modern Family Cry GIF

There are some firey characters in this game. I would be getting into Keppie, Olakau’atu and Walker’s ears and telling them NOT to let Jai Arrow’s crap get under their skin. I have no doubt that he is going to try and get one of these guys to bite and get sin binned. The thing is, if we are smart we can turn it back onto him as he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

It’s little moments that win big games, so we need to keep our heads and focus on winning plays not emotional reactions.

Come on boyz.

Don't worry I'm sure one of the final instructions will be a reminder about discipline. Manly has been quite good in that regard this year I think, not too many head highs anyway.

So I just watched a replay of the Rd 2 game when our defense was garbage and Souffs were at full strength. There wasn't much in it apart from a few Sutton clown calls and some fumbling and poor right edge defense from Manly. The difference was Latrell. Well he not there and Tom is. If we limit the errors and our forwards stand up to them then we'll be more than capable of winning this because we have the X factor and they don't.

Also don't let them strip the ball!
Come to think of it, there could be a very long list of last minute instructions. In reality, by this late stage they should know all of it as second nature. Although in the heat of the moment lot's can go wrong.
It is a big reason why cool heads and reasonably intelligent players are very valuable in the big games.

because we have the X factor and they don't.
Their X factors are their slick left-side back-line movements that they have perfected over several years, and the former beach sprint champion who might dash out of dummy half if no-one's paying attention.

Even without Trell they are a very very good side.

I possibly expect this to be a high scoring game as both sides can leak a few points.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a 34-26 type scoreline.

Bunnies completed at 84% against Penrith, conceded less penalties and less ruck infringements. Missed less tackles and made less errors.

If they do that against us it will be hard to get over them.

the tries are going to come from their very talented backline, but it's their forwards where again the platform will be built, and stopping Cook from getting easy metres and offloads from dummy-half will be a key area.

Interesting stat - we have only had more than 80% completions 4 times this year, winning all 4 of those games. These were the scores:
36-0
50-6
50-18
56-24

When we complete our sets we have a track record of winning big.

Even without Trell they are a very very good side.

I possibly expect this to be a high scoring game as both sides can leak a few points.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a 34-26 type scoreline.
Freudian slip? That was the score when they beat us in the 2019 finals!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6