PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 3, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
SATURDAY

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Warriors at AMI Stadium (3pm)

Sea Eagles: 1 Tom Trbojevic 2 Jorge Taufua 3 Moses Suli 4 Brad Parker 5 Reuben Garrick 6 Kane Elgey 7 Daly Cherry-Evans 8 Addin Fonua-Blake 9 Apisai Koroisau 10 Martin Taupau 11 Joel Thompson 12 Curtis Sironen 13 Jake Trbojevic Interchange: 14 Manase Fainu 15 Jack Gosiewski 16 Corey Waddell 17 Toafofoa Sipley Reserves: 18 Brendan Elliot 19 Trent Hodkinson 21 Kelepi Tanginoa 22 Lloyd Perrett

Warriors: 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c) 2 David Fusitu’a 3 Peta Hiku 4 Solomone Kata 5 Ken Maumalo 6 Adam Keighran 7 Blake Green 8 Agnatius Paasi 9 Issac Luke 10 Bunty Afoa 11 Adam Blair 12 Tohu Harris 13 Lachlan Burr. Interchange: 14 Jazz Tevaga 15 Sam Lisone 16 Leeson Ah Mau 17 Isaiah Papali’i. Reserves: 18 Gerard Beale 20 Ligi Sao 21 Karl Lawton 22 Chanel Harris-Tavita

Teams analysis: Tom Trbojevic is back for the Sea Eagles, as is Addin Fonua-Blake at prop. Toafofoa Sipley has been pushed to the bench with Kelepi Tanginoa to the reserves.

I think Manly can in this one.
We always play well in NZ and warriors were bad last week so I hope you're right... BUT our kicking game has got to be SOOOOO much better than last Saturday because we need better field position and repeat sets if we are going to be competitive...

Kepi our for Jetski is an interesting one......

Jetski has been in the side for the past two weeks. Kelepi has been dropped so AFB can come back into the side from his one week suspension with Sipley dropping to the bench.

Tommy T back too!

I hope he's 100% & hasn't come back too soon, would hate to see him make his injury worse.

I like that Des hasn't made wholesale changes, I get the feeling he's content with swapping 1 player out for another to see how things go instead of swapping out 3 or 4 at a single time. Just making slight adjustments to tweak here & there.

It's a good method of generating combinations.

Kepi our for Jetski is an interesting one......

Agree .. you would have thought that Tangles would have been in front of GoJetSki .... but he was a bit below his best ... maybe a bit tentative after the knee injury .... Des might want him to get hungry again in reggies ...

Tommy T back too!

I hope he's 100% & hasn't come back too soon, would hate to see him make his injury worse.

I like that Des hasn't made wholesale changes, I get the feeling he's content with swapping 1 player out for another to see how things go instead of swapping out 3 or 4 at a single time. Just making slight adjustments to tweak here & there.

Interesting to hear Tooves saying he doesn’t think Tommy will play.

He was on the NRL teams podcast and said he highly doubted Tom would play mainly due to travelling with leg injuries..... not sure if he was just expressing what he would do or he knows what’s going on with Dessie.

Be tough without him.

He was on the NRL teams podcast and said he highly doubted Tom would play mainly due to travelling with leg injuries..... not sure if he was just expressing what he would do or he knows what’s going on with Dessie.

Be tough without him.
Interesting; however, I’m not sure of the logic of naming a star player that isn’t going to play. I can understand the other way around.

Tom playing, along with AFB on the back of Fainu coming back last week makes me think we will win this one. I would like to see a dry track for a change.

With Parker and Taufua out there RTS will be scoring at will off Green bombs. Seriously cannot believe they're still getting picked. Warriors will be fired up while our fowards will still be ambling around in a daze. Warriors by 14.

With Parker and Taufua out there RTS will be scoring at will off Green bombs. Seriously cannot believe they're still getting picked. Warriors will be fired up while our fowards will still be ambling around in a daze. Warriors by 14.
Yep He’s the worry. That try he scored against the bulldogs on the left side of defence close to the line was pure. I’d hate to defending him one on one. Can step at full pace off both feet and is a big boy.

Tommy T back too!

Agreed. If it was a do or die test match then sure, wholesale changes. But its only Round 3 of a 26 round season. And lets face it, while the Chooks may have clocked off a bit after they got to 26-0 last week, there were some good signs when we scored 18 straight points.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4