PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Souths [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagerbeaver

Reserve Grader
Think we get them at a good time - assuming they clock another win today should hopefully get them a bit complacent and closer to a loss.
Inglis would be a major doubt, hopefully Burgess or Cook bust a knee and we get them on a nice sunny arvo at Brookie hiya!
The team will certainly get a lot of confidence out of yesterday which should have them primed..

The most important thing is that it should be dry!!

It'll be a tougher ask then yesterday, the Souths pack won't roll over like the Warriors did. Let's see if we can get into an arm wrestle and stay in the contest. I wouldn't rate Inglis a loss for them anyway, Gagai into centre and Allan on the week probably just as good, if not better. Can we shut down Cook ?? he'll be targetting our bigger, less lateral guys in the middle, marker defence will have to switched on.

I am confident we can at least hold them in the forwards, but Souffs' backs are a lot slicker than ours.
It would be nice to put on a good performance at Brookie, that oasis of green once longingly known as The Fortress.
We seem to have lost our home ground advantage.

A week is a long time in footy, a couple of days ago not many would have rated our chances in next week's clash. I'll wait to see how the bunnies go this afternoon before making any predictions, except for one - I am already looking forward to being at Brookie to see a traditional enemy and with every reason to expect a strong showing from our men!

If Manly are to beat the Vermin, they MUST control the ruck. Yesterday was a great win and it was won in adversity at the start of the 2nd half. All up 6 line breaks conceded is too many and it will be very important to do the simple things right as the Vermin have strike power across the park! Good test for the team.

Confidence is a wonderful thing ,home crowd firm track i give us a great chance ,as long as like mentioned we create field position ,build pressure and our forwards hold our own .

Fat chance, the koala would actually have to decapitate someone before the mrc even consider putting him up on a charge. He is more untouchable than scam
And we have all seen his off field videos that prove it.

I am confident we can at least hold them in the forwards, but Souffs' backs are a lot slicker than ours.
It would be nice to put on a good performance at Brookie, that oasis of green once longingly known as The Fortress.
We seem to have lost our home ground advantage.
I can see cody walker opening us a bit

Dry track and it’s a possibility fainu on early could torment their big forwards. Turbo adds strike. Who cares. As long as the team aim up and don’t get injured. Our second rowers are starting to realise what they are paid for or Waddel will take their place. Best game I’ve seen from them yesterday albeit a lacklustre opposition.

No chance. Worst backline in the comp. Des is much worse than the greatest Manly coach of all time....(if he had only had a sprint coach).

Might as well forfeit.

Oh wait... Which week is it?
giphy.gif

how does he not have a sprint coach, he got 20 extra coaches this year, even has a kicking tee and water boy coach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6