Powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua set to stay a Sea Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
GLENN Stewart may be off at the end of the season, but powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua has given the Sea Eagles a big boost by revealing he is close to finalising a new deal with the club.

Taufua ha
JorgeTaufua1.jpg
s had the impact of a human tornado in his two games back after dislocating his shoulder and is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the NSW Origin side.

His current contract runs out at the end of the season and negotiations are well underway for at Manly are looking good.

“Things are looking good,” Taufua said yesterday.

“My manager is taking care of that, I am looking to stay here.

“Nothing is official yet but fingers crossed I can stay on the northern beaches.”

Taufua, 22, made his NRL with Manly in 2012, said he was very happy at the club.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” he said.

“I love the club here, I love the players, I love the staff and the culture that I have got used to.”

Sea Eagles co-captain Jamie Lyon was delighted Taufua is close to finalising his future at Manly.

“He has been on fire since he has come back from his shoulder injury, he seems to be getting better every week,” Lyon said.

“It’s good to have him on our side, that’s for sure.”

And Lyon said believes Taufua is ready for Origin football.

“I think he would handle it, he’s a big strong boy and does a lot of work for us and I’m sure he’d do it for the Blues as well.”

Taufua echoed the sentiments of teammates when he said he was disappointed that Stewart was leaving the club.

“He is one of the key player this club has had for a number of years and has had a big hand in building the success,’ Taufua said.

“It is always sad to see those kind of players go.

“Manly has built their culture on players like Glenn.

“Hopefully we can send him out on a big one.”

Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/powerhouse-winger-jorge-taufua-set-to-stay-a-sea-eagle/story-fngr8iii-1226893567028

GLENN Stewart may be off at the end of the season, but powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua has given the Sea Eagles a big boost by revealing he is close to finalising a new deal with the club.

Taufua has had the impact of a human tornado in his two games back after dislocating his shoulder and is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the NSW Origin side.

Read More

Great news. This guy makes such a difference to our side. Him and Matai just eat up metres coming out of our own 20. I think he led the NRL in line breaks last year from memory and scored 20 odd tries. I'm certain he will play Origin very shortly.

“Manly has built their culture on players like Glenn.

“Hopefully we can send him out on a big one.”

He doesn't say much but he makes good sense when he does speak. Especially like that last comment.

dowdz said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
Have we lost a bloody pen again?

Hahahaha. We seem to lose a lot of them. Great news about Jorge though.

We have the pen, we just don't have the brown paper bags the scrum had a few years ago before the NRL forced them to hand it over to the roosters and rabbits.

I think we will need to let the dust settle on the gifty saga before announcing any new contracts.

No matter how little or big any new contract might be, I hope the pen will be lost under the couch for a few more months.

Don't rate him. The reason is he is much less explosive as he was when he first started.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2