1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua set to stay a Sea Eagle

Discussion in 'News' started by Jethro, Apr 23, 2014.

By Jethro on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM
  1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,112 /11
    GLENN Stewart may be off at the end of the season, but powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua has given the Sea Eagles a big boost by revealing he is close to finalising a new deal with the club.

Taufua ha[​IMG]s had the impact of a human tornado in his two games back after dislocating his shoulder and is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the NSW Origin side.

His current contract runs out at the end of the season and negotiations are well underway for at Manly are looking good.

“Things are looking good,” Taufua said yesterday.

“My manager is taking care of that, I am looking to stay here.

“Nothing is official yet but fingers crossed I can stay on the northern beaches.”

Taufua, 22, made his NRL with Manly in 2012, said he was very happy at the club.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” he said.

“I love the club here, I love the players, I love the staff and the culture that I have got used to.”

Sea Eagles co-captain Jamie Lyon was delighted Taufua is close to finalising his future at Manly.

“He has been on fire since he has come back from his shoulder injury, he seems to be getting better every week,” Lyon said.

“It’s good to have him on our side, that’s for sure.”

And Lyon said believes Taufua is ready for Origin football.

“I think he would handle it, he’s a big strong boy and does a lot of work for us and I’m sure he’d do it for the Blues as well.”

Taufua echoed the sentiments of teammates when he said he was disappointed that Stewart was leaving the club.

“He is one of the key player this club has had for a number of years and has had a big hand in building the success,’ Taufua said.

“It is always sad to see those kind of players go.

“Manly has built their culture on players like Glenn.

“Hopefully we can send him out on a big one.”

Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/powerhouse-winger-jorge-taufua-set-to-stay-a-sea-eagle/story-fngr8iii-1226893567028

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Jethro, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +2,112 /11
      GLENN Stewart may be off at the end of the season, but powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua has given the Sea Eagles a big boost by revealing he is close to finalising a new deal with the club.

Taufua has had the impact of a human tornado in his two games back after dislocating his shoulder and is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the NSW Origin side.

Read More

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Ratings:
      +16,571 /323
      See not ALL bad news is it!!!!

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +7,668 /61
      Great news. This guy makes such a difference to our side. Him and Matai just eat up metres coming out of our own 20. I think he led the NRL in line breaks last year from memory and scored 20 odd tries. I'm certain he will play Origin very shortly.

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +9,179 /180
      “Manly has built their culture on players like Glenn.

“Hopefully we can send him out on a big one.”

He doesn't say much but he makes good sense when he does speak. Especially like that last comment.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

Ratings:
      +2,125 /14
      Can't be true

6. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +476 /8
      Have we lost a bloody pen again?

7. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +5,996 /53
      The bunnies have it. It's in Rusty's ar....c.:p

8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +976 /0
      All the way with Jor-hay!

9. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +304 /5
      Will never forget his debut against the slim, was one of the more difficult games that I had to sit through.

All is forgiven, go you good thing :)

• Like Like x 1
      • globaleagle

globaleagle Deux bourbons s'il vous plait Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +11,298 /94
        So it's his fault glenn's going!!!! boooooooooooooooooooooo

:p

"ark" :p:p

• Like Like x 2
        • dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
          +980 /9
          Hahahaha. We seem to lose a lot of them. Great news about Jorge though.

• TagMonster

TagMonster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
          +688 /50
          We have the pen, we just don't have the brown paper bags the scrum had a few years ago before the NRL forced them to hand it over to the roosters and rabbits.

• EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds

Ratings:
          +1,324 /44
          Jorge should get the Powerhouse Museum to sponsor him. See ! it all fits. Simples.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
          • niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +5,996 /53
            Heehee.Don't get me all arked up.:p I'm sure Noah owns part of a curve as well as a really large boat.;)

• rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +736 /20
            I think we will need to let the dust settle on the gifty saga before announcing any new contracts.

No matter how little or big any new contract might be, I hope the pen will be lost under the couch for a few more months.

• globaleagle

globaleagle Deux bourbons s'il vous plait Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +11,298 /94
            Oh I'm game, I hear you b...ark is worse than your bite!!! :cool::angel:

• SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +9,179 /180
            That's where he'll be on display when he retires :D

• Like Like x 1
            • Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
              +8,124 /369
              Don't rate him. The reason is he is much less explosive as he was when he first started.

• EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds

Ratings:
              +1,324 /44
              :huh:
              No No, Ryan, Taufua is the guy playing LEFT wing !!

• Like Like x 1