Post Match Function & Interviews

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thought I'd give everyone a bit of an insight into yesterdays Post Match function put on mainly for the SEQ "Country Wings" Members (of which my wife and I belong).

Firstly great to catch up with a few Silvertailers, of course @vidmar was there.

Good also to see my old sparring partner @mickqld

@marga was there getting her Choc Cuddles

@COMMANDER was there up to his usual tricks

And sensational to have Max Delmege and the great Ken Arthurson in attendance as well!

The function was held at the Stadium, in what's called "The Goal Line" Bar, this took place immediately after the game and went to 7.00pm (at which the team left to catch the last flight back to Sydney).

Beaver was the MC and those interviewed included Tooves, Killer and Fozzie.

Nothing new I guess to report, Tooves was again unhappy with the refs, can't believe that we were almost 3 times as bad as the Titans.

Said he was proud of the boys to still win when they had little ball, and after a heavy duty game last weekend.

Suggested that the next 3 hard games would be good for the boys and preferred to be playing harder teams than teams lower down the ladder.

Also suggested that despite the Titans position on the ladder that it is always a tough game up here, and also mentioned that as the team running first EVERY side they play lifts to try and beat them, in essence there are no easy games as such!!

But in conclusion said to us "don't worry, we know when to peak and we are the best in the game for peaking at the right time", so god willing (refs willing) we should be there.

Beavers interview with Killer was pretty funny, very relaxed and a bit of teasing about speed / age but nothing much of substance to report on. It's also good to see shy Jamie being a little easier in front of the crowd.

Fozzie was reasonably upbeat, said they had been playing great footy mid year but had gone into a bit of a slump. He was however very confident that we'd peak at the right time, and also said the players were well aware of the position they were in for a shot at the big one in October (my assumption on these comments possibly relates to Gifty's departure).

The players were very relaxed and great with the fans, no photos from me (not really into that sort of thing) but I will share a new banner with you that Spooky (Steve Lucas the owner of the "Guess what Manly hates you too" ) did for the day.

"You can't beat a quick BJ"

I had the pleasure of taking it up to Brenton Lawrence (Spooky was busy getting jerseys signed) to get him to sign it, he nearly pissed himself laughing when he saw it!!

For any of you that live in SEQ I can't but recommend these nights, they have one every year (at either Brisbane or the Gold Coast) so Country Wings membership is very much a well worth while expense (as you also get a ticket to the game as well).

And finally I got a win as the last 4 or 5 times I'd seen the Eagles play (one of which was the GF) they had all been losses.

Another great afternoon/night Mark. I had a photo taken with Max Delmege and Ken Arthurson, so pretty special. The Manly guys were very relaxed and happily chatted and signed things for their fans. Six hugs from Choc, I'm a happy lady. Thanks to @Vidmar for organizing this one. :)

marga said:
Another great afternoon/night Mark. I had a photo taken with Max Delmege and Ken Arthurson, so pretty special. The Manly guys were very relaxed and happily chatted and signed things for their fans. Six hugs from Choc, I'm a happy lady. Thanks to @Vidmar for organizing this one. :)

Briefly saw a sign on the telecast saying love (heart) choc-a-lot, or something like that.

I'm just going to assume it was you!

Thanks a lot @Mark from Brisbane for all this info.

Such open and frank interviews - the details of which those of us not there would be otherwise unaware. We don't have many Post Match Functions/Interviews at Brookie on game days, so to read about their thoughts on how we're travelling at this stage of the season is enlightening.

Much appreciate it Mark!

[/quote]

Briefly saw a sign on the telecast saying love (heart) choc-a-lot, or something like that.

[/quote]

Yep that's @marga

Yes I totally echo all of the above!

Interesting and envy-inducing......lol!

Thanks @"Mark from Brisbane"

Fortunately we got a win to set up the post-match biz quite nicely.

I already have my faith in 2V and the team.

Still nice to hear it again!

Was a really good function and a tremendous promotion by the club. Great to mingle with so many of the players and to hear from Tooves,Killer and Foz. Also to have 2 club legends and saviours in Arko and Max there as well. Was good to chat to you and your wife Mark. Now onwards to title number 9.

Jeez Mark you didn't let him chat with your wife did you???

Single life is not for everyone.

:)

bob dylan said:

The funniest thing was BJ's 78 year old grandmother was there, I wasn't involved in the conversation but overheard it.

Grandmother to Spooky " That's a nice sign but what does it mean"

Spooky to Grandmother " Id rather not say is sort of....explicit"

Grandmother to Spooky " you mean it's about sex"

Spooky to Grandmother " yes and I'm embarrassed to tell you what it means"

Grandmother to Spooky "oh come on tell me"

Spooky to Grandmother "well its sort of about how a women can pleasure a man without having actual sex"

Grandmother to Spooky " Oh now I get it"!!

Funny as to see it happen

What about the crisis, was Choc fighting DCE in the car park was Tooves getting spat on by Snake and Gift was Matai in a Wariors TShirt?

Did anyone see if Tooves and Choc talked to each other during the night?

Rodo said:
Did anyone see if Tooves and Choc talked to each other during the night?
They were there to talk to us fans not each other. Choc and Snake were talking to anyone who came up to them as were the rest.

Mark from Brisbane said:
bob dylan said:

The funniest thing was BJ's 78 year old grandmother was there, I wasn't involved in the conversation but overheard it.

Grandmother to Spooky " That's a nice sign but what does it mean"

Spooky to Grandmother " Id rather not say is sort of....explicit"

Grandmother to Spooky " you mean it's about sex"

Spooky to Grandmother " yes and I'm embarrassed to tell you what it means"

Grandmother to Spooky "oh come on tell me"

Spooky to Grandmother "well its sort of about how a women can pleasure a man without having actual sex"

Grandmother to Spooky " Oh now I get it"!!

Funny as to see it happen

I met her at the Canberra function last season. She really is a firecracker and a true Manly convert.

[/quote]

Yep that's @marga
[/quote]

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii knew it!

And nice reporting by all, thanks.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8