Post/forum time and subscriptions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I am going to run a query shortly that is going to do the following

1 - Change everyones time to Sydney time (Sorry for those outside of the east coast but 99% of our users are there and I need to update the majority.) for those outside this timezone, please go to User CP >> options >> Time and change to your timezone

2 - Delete all subscriptions and turn it off for everyone
The default of the forum is that everyone is subscribed to all threads. I am going to switch this off and delete all the subscriptions we have.

The site sent out over 1000 emails last night and that just isn't acceptable as it kills the server, bandwidth and also makes us look like a spam site :) So I will delete them all and we can start fresh.

I will be doing other such things later this week too.

Dan

Good idea i got about 200 emails yesterday lmao. That said the new site handled the load 100x betters then the old one :)

yup all sorted now. Everyone has subscriptions turned off by default and I have cleared all the subscriptions.

So things should be better now. You are right the load didn't effect us at all which was great and what I have been aiming for, for a long time now.

Stoked it is working and just have to nail down the cleanup over the next week and we should be good to go. I am wondering if anyone is getting the warning at the top when they have a new PM, it hasn't been showing for me so I need to work on that too

Dan I still needed to set my GMT to +9 to make it the right time
and did you sort the edit options problem out for people that cant see that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7